Have you seen this twin turbo kit? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)
Have you seen this twin turbo kit?

Hey Everyone,

On my corvette forum I am part of a group buy for a set of long tube headers for my Corvette. So I happen to be browsing the website of the manufacture. I checked to see what they had for Mustangs.

I seen this kit Mustang Dual Turbo Kit, Ford Turbo Kits, XS Power Inc.

It seems super cheap. It’s amazing regardless of quality they can sell and ship it that cheap, but jeez if you bolt it on and it “works” it’s going to make power, and be super cheap. I just don’t know the limits and how long it would last. Has anyone seen one of these kits in action? I already have a turbo kit I am VERY happy with but I wanted to share.
1. Internal waste gates
2. Smaller “looking intercooler”
3. I don’t see the exhaust cross over stuff?
4. I don’t see specs on anything, turbo size and what not.

1989 GT Vert.. Major Changes for 2013 Wish me luck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old setup from 2012 On3 Turbo, Trick Flow 170 Heads, Edelbrock RPM upper & Lower, Trick Flow Stg 2 cam, UPR K-member and control arms and Strang front and rear coil over, and UPR upper and lower rear control arms, MM frame connectors Fully Built AOD, 512whp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I had, or I should say still have, that kit. It was talked about a few years ago and was kind of the generic "Ebay turbo kit". There is no crossover pipe as it's a twin kit. It actually had some good qualities. The headers, at least in my experience, didn't crack and the flanges were really thick and bolted up without issue and didn't leak. The bad is 1 of the turbos started leaking oil after a few months, likely due to crappy seals. The intercooler design seemed really inefficient. The placement of the turbos didn't work with accessories in the stock location. Downpipes had to be fabricated and, on my car at least, the drivers DP had to be like 2" to clear the brake booster. I still have the kit sitting on a shelf. I'd use it again if I were to put it on like a drag only car, or something totally custom.

96 Cobra: 5.0 swap, T5, On3 67mm BB turbo, Megasquirt, EDIS,
post #3 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
That is one cheap kit, but like said above you get what you pay for. And yeah put it on a project and not your main beast. Freakin tempting though

32 Valve DOHC, Her name is 8-Ball
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
iirc, xs power had a terrible reputation years ago for cracking headers and turbos that fell apart. Dont know if thats changed

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement