Info for the ON3 bashers - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (32)
Info for the ON3 bashers

I sent an email to the all mighty Hellion about purchasing a replacement part for one of their kits. I like the design of their downpipe so I was hoping to purchase it and use it with a home made hotside that I will be working on soon. Listening to all the Hellion nut swingers on here I figured I would not have a problem purchasing a part from them. Boy was I wrong. So what would happen if I had their kit and I damaged a part during the install or accident?
Would I have to buy a whole kit? This was their reply:

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately, as we stock complete kits on the shelf, we are unable to sell individual components of our systems. Let me know where you are located and I may be able to recommend a shop in your area that could fabricate the pieces you are needing.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Yochim
HELLION POWER SYSTEMS
505-873-4670
505-880-9758 FAX

bone stock Bright Atlantic Blue 98gt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Well wtf?

Chrome Yellow '94 GT vert.
306ci, AFR 165s, FTI cam, Cobra intake, Tremec T-5
post #3 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
And this some how justifies on3`s lack of ethics and quality?

I believe if you want something done right, do it yourself.......or call b&g lol

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckythirteen13 View Post
And this some how justifies on3`s lack of ethics and quality?

I believe if you want something done right, do it yourself.......or call b&g lol
X2 on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S476 turbo E85,XFI, boost always 20+

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

My forward facing kit has pretty good quality for the money. It also fit just as good as my cousins Hellion kit. But thats not why I posted that. Im just saying that Hellion is not the all mightyl god of turbo kits like everyone thinks. If you get in a wreck and one of the pipes get damaged you are not going to be able to get one to replace it.

post #6 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffledfeathers View Post
My forward facing kit has pretty good quality for the money. It also fit just as good as my cousins Hellion kit. But thats not why I posted that. Im just saying that Hellion is not the all mightyl god of turbo kits like everyone thinks. If you get in a wreck and one of the pipes get damaged you are not going to be able to get one to replace it.
umm sorry but you are totally incorrect. that is absolutely ridiculous. if you buy a hellion kit the parts in it have a lifetime warranty, if you buy the kit. thats the only way they can guarantee a lifetime warranty on their parts. they would rather not take the risk of you installing their parts on some home made kit and expect to replace it when it fails because whatever you have isnt done right. if you want the warranty you have to buy the complete kit. not everybody has the money to go hellion, but thats totally understandable. just dont come on here bashing hellion because they wouldnt sell you one of their parts. Apple wont sell you an Ipad without the screen just so you can go home and install a cheap screen yourself and have them lose money on that sale

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #7 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Apple will sell you a screen even if you dont own an Ipad though.

post #8 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

How can they warranty it for life if all they have are "complete kits"? What if I buy a used kit and need a part that is missing? Am I SOL? Im just saying. I could care less about having a warranty on a part that Im not using on a kit that they didnt build.

post #9 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
How can they warranty it for life if all they have are "complete kits"? What if I buy a used kit and need a part that is missing? Am I SOL? Im just saying. I could care less about having a warranty on a part that Im not using on a kit that they didnt build.
in that situation the original purchaser paid hellion for the kit, which includes the lifetime warranty. The warranty is a seperate component which is in the paperwork that comes with the kit. If you purchase the kit from someone second hand and they dont give you any paperwork, then you have no warranty. If you have the reciept and original paperwork from where the original purchaser bought the kit, then you have the lifetime warranty. people buying things online never think about this, but that paperwork that comes with the kits have a great value. without it you have nothing but the physical parts that bolt to the car

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #10 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Apple will sell you a screen even if you dont own an Ipad though.
but they will not warranty it unless it is installed by apple onto an apple ipad...

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #11 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Formerly 4point6.

Trader Feedback: (13)
I E-mailed On3 about buying just there hotside and got a similar reply...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

-PACIFIC GREEN COBRA-
post #12 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
IMO they said that just because you didnt get the kit from them and
Like LS1KILR said, they just would rather not have one of there parts on other kits due to The fact of anything going wrong and somebody trying to get a warranty replacement, when it was there fault for no proper install or what not. Regardless if you personally dont care for the warranty but its just like a safety net they have. Im pretty sure you've met dirt bags trying to get a free edge on a million $, instead of working for it. Just gotta remember nowadays its protect me before I help you, not everybody or every business but the majority. Just like the people that its all about them and no one else.
(:thumbup:
:thumbdown:
)??

32 Valve DOHC, Her name is 8-Ball
post #13 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I see where everyone is coming from. I just dont agree with it LOL.
I guess Ill agree to disagree.

post #14 of 35 Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I would bet that Hellion would help you more if you owned a Hellion kit... and

did not want one piece to complete your kit. (I think they would sell you all of the hot and cold side )

Hellion puts out a kit that is more money but if you have a problem , John or Jeff will call you back the same day if they don't pick up on the second ring. (just my experience)

Every type of "kit" is a compromise and if you have worked on a few of the same model of car you will notice that they are all different and a "bolt on " often requires a big hammer

] /Freezy cam/ Dart 331 / Hellion heat / Precision 7675/ PRO-M EFI
post #15 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 04:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (28)
0n3 is garbage

94 gt blown
97 cobra blown
post #16 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 08:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
You're an idiot. Just because they wont part out to sell doesn't mean they will not replace a broken part.
post #17 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

LOL I can see where I was wrong. But do you have to call me an idiot? I love the name calling over then internet. Im sure if we were in person it would not go down that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19935.slow View Post
You're an idiot. Just because they wont part out to sell doesn't mean they will not replace a broken part.

post #18 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2089 View Post
0n3 is garbage
Do you have or have you owned an 0n3 kit? Or are you just going off what you read on the internet? My new forward facing kit has been pretty good to me. Ill agree that the 1rst gen kit was junk but I think they have fixed the problems with the revised kit.
But, I would like to thank you for your very informative post.

post #19 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (28)
Quote:
Do you have or have you owned an 0n3 kit? Or are you just going off what you read on the internet? My new forward facing kit has been pretty good to me. Ill agree that the 1rst gen kit was junk but I think they have fixed the problems with the revised kit.
But, I would like to thank you for your very informative post.
Seen and fixed several of these kits for people . Fitment was crap and the parts that come with most of the kits need replaced immediately because they are cheap and you get what you pay for. I sold my v1 blower to a guy a couple moths ago that was ditching his on 3 turbo setup because he is tired of constantly fixing it.
I dont go off the internet for information on my opinion or need to justify any of them to you.

94 gt blown
97 cobra blown
post #20 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2089 View Post
Seen and fixed several of these kits for people . Fitment was crap and the parts that come with most of the kits need replaced immediately because they are cheap and you get what you pay for. I sold my v1 blower to a guy a couple moths ago that was ditching his on 3 turbo setup because he is tired of constantly fixing it.
I dont go off the internet for information on my opinion or need to justify any of them to you.
Guess i got lucky mine seems to fit well been driving my daily for 6 months now...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
post #21 of 35 Old 10-11-2012, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm well my kit works like it is designed. the waste gate opens at the set psi. The blowoff valve opens when I let off the gas pedal. the turbo spools and produces boost. Guess I should throw it all in the trash and spend 6k on a hellion kit that will do the same thing my On3 kit is doing huh. I sold my S-trim to go with this kit, and I love picking on other 2valves with s-trims on the streets LOL

post #22 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Trader Feedback: (19)
Guess I'm lucky as well since I have almost 2 years on my 1st gen on3 kit. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

2004 Mustang Sonic Blue - turbo- - MMR 4.75 900
post #23 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

If I was you I would take it off asap! Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

post #24 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM

i must be really lucky! i have 2 kits with no problems for over 3 years....better go buy a lotto ticket
post #25 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I wish there was enough honesty on this forum that we could start a poll. Good luck and bad luck with on3. Im sure the good would outweigh the bad. Nit counting the thousands of kits they sell on ebay and everywhere else.

post #26 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
just let it go already. you talk about hellion nut swinging in your first post but the only nut swinging i see is by you and for ON3. stop trying to justify a bad purchase. you dont see anyone who has a b&g kit, a hellion kit, or a DIY kit starting threads like this..............because they dont have to

if your happy with your on3 kit, thats fine. stop trying to convince everyone to be happy with it

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85

Last edited by luckythirteen13; 10-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.
post #27 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (57)
This is going to turn into a #### show, just like every other On3 thread.

I have a first gen kit laying in my basement for a 2v, not sure if I am going to use it or not yet.

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt (terminated) #2793
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
2015 Chrysler 300 S
post #28 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

If I have had no real problems with mine then how am I trying to justify a bad purchase? I have an idea. Don't read what I post if it bothers you lol.

post #29 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 07:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (16)
You are right. I am sure the good would outweigh the bad but what do you do when the bad does happen? You pay extra to have that customer service and I learned this firsthand. Do a lot of people have success with on3? You bet they do. But when there is a problem...well we have all seen those stories OR been a part of them. Honestly, I think buying from on3 is like taking a gamble. You may win or you may lose and if you do lose...Well I hope you went through a reputable dealer like PAS or maybe JEGS.

I wonder how many people buy a turbo kit like that without doing any research? I've always wondered if people just see the deal on eBAY and don't post or do any research on here or any other turbo forum and just purchase it. Honestly, there really isn't that many people who constantly post on the turbo section here. You would think they would have to do a ton more business other than us guys.

94 Rio Red Cobra, Trickflow 170s, F cam, T-moss ported lower, Fox intake swap, 3.73s
post #30 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
I sent an email to the all mighty Hellion about purchasing a replacement part for one of their kits. I like the design of their downpipe so I was hoping to purchase it and use it with a home made hotside that I will be working on soon. Listening to all the Hellion nut swingers on here I figured I would not have a problem purchasing a part from them. Boy was I wrong. So what would happen if I had their kit and I damaged a part during the install or accident?
Would I have to buy a whole kit? This was their reply:

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately, as we stock complete kits on the shelf, we are unable to sell individual components of our systems. Let me know where you are located and I may be able to recommend a shop in your area that could fabricate the pieces you are needing.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Yochim
HELLION POWER SYSTEMS
505-873-4670
505-880-9758 FAX
I honestly don't see the point of this gripe. They are in the business of selling kits and supporting those kits that they sell. But they did offer to try and recommend a shop that could help you out. They certainly did not have to try and find help for you when clearly they probably will never get business from you since you are piecing your own kit together.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #31 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for your post. did you not read the whole thing. I said i understand where they are coming from after thinking about it a little more.

post #32 of 35 Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Ok thanks for your post. did you not read the whole thing. I said i understand where they are coming from after thinking about it a little more.
I read the whole thing and perhaps I missed it but I did not see where one person pointed out that they offered to help find you a place to get made what you want. Which is why I replied.

BTW tell Eric Brooks I said hello, I see you use him for tuning.

--Admiral Aaron

post #33 of 35 Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
I read the whole thing and perhaps I missed it but I did not see where one person pointed out that they offered to help find you a place to get made what you want. .
Quote:
Let me know where you are located and I may be able to recommend a shop in your area that could fabricate the pieces you are needing.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Yochim
HELLION POWER SYSTEMS
505-873-4670
505-880-9758 FAX

] /Freezy cam/ Dart 331 / Hellion heat / Precision 7675/ PRO-M EFI
post #34 of 35 Old 10-13-2012, 07:20 PM

custom is the way to go. i learned that. the hellion kit is totally worth the money if you dont have the ability to do a custom kit though. hellion turbo kits are QUALITY. the kits literally outlast the cars they are installed onto

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #35 of 35 Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I find it so funny how everyone on here bashs the s*it out of on 3 and such other company's.... I learned along time ago if something is cheap it's probably junk and won't nessasary last very well.... But you bought it because it was CHEAP! A hellion kit is double sometimes triple the money as a on3.... What do people think the guys at hellion just feel they should get more money because they hold a solid rep? No it's because they use quality components in there kits.... I mean I'm very anal about my stuff being exactly the way I want it and I have the ability/help to make my own stuff but for people that don't and want quality hellion is diff a good route.... They make plenty of sales they with hold a excellent rep in the mustang community.... Mite I say that's very had to do in these days with all the Internet forum cowboys....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement