1993 Cobra Dart 347 Hellion Kit Precision T-76 Build - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
Thumbs up 1993 Cobra Dart 347 Hellion Kit Precision T-76 Build

Hey Guys, This long time build finally is up and running I wanted to share my personal street setup. We here at Power Adder Solutions appreciate your support and look forward with future success with your ride and supporting.

Finished up most of the build at the shop, Here are some pics..

Thanks,
[email protected],Inc.

Hellion Power Systems: First Gen Kit Precision 7675 Billet Turbo
Dart SHP 347 Big Bore (Custom By Mark K) Pro 5.0/NMRA Engine Builder
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 185 CNC Heads Spring Upgrade 650'
Holley System Max Intake
Camshaft: Custom (Cam Motion)
Siemens Deka 60 LB Injectors
Astro Built T5 (Upgrading Soon)
Fuel System: Weldon Pump Custom (Coming Soon)
Turbosmart 50mm BOV
Turbosmart Hyper-Gate 45mm Wastegate
Tuning: Binary Editor (BE 2012) Quarterhorse PAS Pack Tuning Solution.

Previous pic's..

Dart 347 Big Bore 4.125 Bore Cleaning And Machining.

TFS Twisted Wedge 185 CNC Doing Some Work

Just got the turbo back from polishing..Enjoy,

Billet Wheel:

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Remflex Gaskets

Remflex Gaskets Preferred Choice With Turbo Applications.

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

post #3 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Jet Hot Finish More

Last edited by PowerAdder Solutions; 08-27-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 09:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Great build Chris !

95gt stock
post #5 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Start Up Base Tune

post #6 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)
Love it!! Nice work! How much power this bad boy making? Man wish I wasn't still on this crappy stock block..

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

1989 GT Vert.. Major Changes for 2013 Wish me luck

Old setup from 2012 On3 Turbo, Trick Flow 170 Heads, Edelbrock RPM upper & Lower, Trick Flow Stg 2 cam, UPR K-member and control arms and Strang front and rear coil over, and UPR upper and lower rear control arms, MM frame connectors Fully Built AOD, 512whp
post #7 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Spotless Cobra!

Have you had any tuning glitches with the intake tube going from 3 inch to 2 1/2 '' to 3 inch? (i was thinking of using a new 3 inch pipe)

How much boost are you going to run and HP goal?

] /Freezy cam/ Dart 331 / Hellion heat / Precision 7675/ PRO-M EFI
post #8 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89BlackGtVert View Post
Love it!! Nice work! How much power this bad boy making? Man wish I wasn't still on this crappy stock block..

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
Thanks! Shooting for 700 ish once the fuel system is finished next month, I will keep you guys posted, glad to have it running I will be doing some tutorial videos BE tuning for users to help shed some light.

Last edited by PowerAdder Solutions; 08-27-2012 at 09:43 PM.
post #9 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
Beautiful bud!

-Chris

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
post #10 of 73 Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (13)
Keep up the good work.

post #11 of 73 Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 AM
ACJ

Trader Feedback: (10)
Nice Build Chris ! I'm still getting my coins in order .
post #12 of 73 Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN 86GT View Post
Spotless Cobra!

Have you had any tuning glitches with the intake tube going from 3 inch to 2 1/2 '' to 3 inch? (i was thinking of using a new 3 inch pipe)

How much boost are you going to run and HP goal?
Maf signal looks good, no tuning issues with the configuration Ideally it is best to have the same tube size but not really needed for the setup I personally wouldn't worry with it. Street tuning now once get it back on the dyno were hoping 650-700 Rwhp with 18-20psi guesstimating.

Thanks,
Chris.

post #13 of 73 Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACJ View Post
Nice Build Chris ! I'm still getting my coins in order .
Sounds good, just let me know I look forward to your swap for sure..

post #14 of 73 Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
looks good.....can't wait to see what the numbers are
post #15 of 73 Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Awesome build! Great pics!
Look forward to seeing how you go once fully tuned!

Australian 5.0L Utility, Fordstrokers 363ci, 9.2:1, RHS 180cc Alloys, KB 2.1L A2A build in progress!
post #16 of 73 Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAdder Solutions View Post
Is there a 3rd piece to these manifolds? A flex joint with a bend or something?

Australian 5.0L Utility, Fordstrokers 363ci, 9.2:1, RHS 180cc Alloys, KB 2.1L A2A build in progress!
post #17 of 73 Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 PM

I have a very similar combo. 1st gen hellion, precision billet 76,world 363, afr165, TKO600. Made 680ft.lb at 4200 and was pulling to 650wrhp at 14 psi. You should have no trouble reaching you goals!

Keep track of your AIT's and report back. My temps on 1/4 mile passes are a little warm, wondering if it's due to to small of turbo or Intercooler.
post #18 of 73 Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 AM

Looks very nice!! At that boost level it make more than your goal.

Built by Lujan Motorsports
Boss 308ci BullseyePower Turbo, ProEfi.
post #19 of 73 Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, yeah I am estimating low I know.. there a couple things on the first gen kit I'm not crazy about personally, but did not want to cut any where on this car which luckily I did not have to with the first Gen Hellion Kit, 3" piping would of been a plus but overall good system, we should have a few base pulls in the next few week I'll post some numbers.

Thanks,
[email protected],inc.

Last edited by PowerAdder Solutions; 09-03-2012 at 04:50 PM.
post #20 of 73 Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XH5LWEPN View Post
Is there a 3rd piece to these manifolds? A flex joint with a bend or something?
These is the cross over pipe, but not in this picture there is no flex joint used with the system.

post #21 of 73 Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerryan View Post
I have a very similar combo. 1st gen hellion, precision billet 76,world 363, afr165, TKO600. Made 680ft.lb at 4200 and was pulling to 650wrhp at 14 psi. You should have no trouble reaching you goals!

Keep track of your AIT's and report back. My temps on 1/4 mile passes are a little warm, wondering if it's due to to small of turbo or Intercooler.
Thanks for chiming in, I have tuned many Hellion Kit's with the Tnetics, but look forward to see how we do with the Precision setup, great numbers..I have noticed with the first gen kit the AIT are on the high side I have seen several cases of this.

Any work done to your 165's ?

Thanks,
[email protected],inc.

post #22 of 73 Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 PM

I bought them years ago when the car was bone stock and was too cheap to replace them. I had them cleaned and setup to match the cam. Same story with the intake. It's a street heat TF and the power nose dives at 6000. New heads and box R the car would easy add a hundred rwhp and 500 rpm.

Is 175f for ait normal then for this combo at end of 1/4 pass?
post #23 of 73 Old 09-03-2012, 06:00 PM

And gorgeous car!
post #24 of 73 Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (51)
Hey Chris, Are those Remflex Gaskets better than using the RTV? I have had issues with my Turbo side header leaking at the rear of the head. If so, who do you recommend I buy them from?

1991 Coupe: Dart Sportsman 331, AFR205's, Holley Systemax, Hellion T76 turbo kit, TKO, PMS and other extras.

1993 Cobra: 52K, Black/Grey cloth #4740, SOLD
post #25 of 73 Old 09-09-2012, 11:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAdder Solutions View Post
Thanks for chiming in, I have tuned many Hellion Kit's with the Tnetics, but look forward to see how we do with the Precision setup, great numbers..I have noticed with the first gen kit the AIT are on the high side I have seen several cases of this.

Any work done to your 165's ?

Thanks,
[email protected],inc.

just to help piggy back..with my 336, AFR185's and Comp 76, I made 789/845 on E85 @ 17.8 psi....

'18 Charger Hellcat
95 Cobra - Comp Billet PT8047 DIY Turbo and 340CI A4 Car
Palm Beach Dyno tuned - juuuuuuuust a little over 385RWHP....
RIP - Jerry"BabyLove" Glover ....1952 to 2012...
post #26 of 73 Old 09-10-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg9777 View Post
Hey Chris, Are those Remflex Gaskets better than using the RTV? I have had issues with my Turbo side header leaking at the rear of the head. If so, who do you recommend I buy them from?
We have had real good luck with them, I have a lot of guys using header studs or locking bolts with the Remflex's doing well, the trick is to evenly torq them down best you can keep in mind they are fairly thick. We stock them let me know if we can help.

Thanks,
Chris.

post #27 of 73 Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerryan View Post
Is 175f for ait normal then for this combo at end of 1/4 pass?
With this kit specifically, I have seen temps in that range we may try a intercooler swap sometime in the future.

post #28 of 73 Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Do you have a specific Intercooler in mind?

1993 Mustang LX 363 World/Scat Stroker, 76mm Precision Billet Turbo, AEM Series 2, g101a, afr205, box r, and solid roller! [email protected] Best MPH 158

-----------
post #29 of 73 Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 PM

Any updates?

Is there a problem with your site ? My computers block it (says it is unsafe?)

] /Freezy cam/ Dart 331 / Hellion heat / Precision 7675/ PRO-M EFI
post #30 of 73 Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN 86GT View Post
Any updates?

Is there a problem with your site ? My computers block it (says it is unsafe?)
Shouldn't be, we are working on a new site currently but shouldn't reflect it, maybe your settings. No numbers yet we have been swamped and I have not had much time to do anything, I want to get the fuel system completed first though.

Last edited by PowerAdder Solutions; 10-01-2012 at 10:10 AM.
post #31 of 73 Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 PM

do you think the block will handle 20lb of boost with no problem?
post #32 of 73 Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1automotive1 View Post
do you think the block will handle 20lb of boost with no problem?
That block will handle 1200+rwhp.
post #33 of 73 Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 PM

Not a shp block.

1993 Mustang LX 363 World/Scat Stroker, 76mm Precision Billet Turbo, AEM Series 2, g101a, afr205, box r, and solid roller! [email protected] Best MPH 158

-----------
post #34 of 73 Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
an SHP will handle a lot more than Dart says it will......some builders will say if you break it at less than 1000 they'll warranty it. I think Dart says it's good for 600, which is way under on what it really handles, they just under rate it so they can sell more iron eagles to people who don't know better.
post #35 of 73 Old 10-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (28)
Ive been pushing 1100+ all year w an shp. Great block and its the last thing I'm worried about!!

WestTexasMeanStreet-
93 LX Hatch F1A-94 ,363, Freezy, XFI-/[email protected]/[email protected] 5000'DA
Harlow Sammons,Southwest Perf. & Machine
YouTube Page- www.youtube.com/user/blownholley50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement