Meth injection with a turbo? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
Meth injection with a turbo?

I run a snow performance stage 2 kit on my turbo set-up..the car was tuned with it...i have to find out what my timing is dont know but can i run more boost if i up the jet size to spray more meth?..Im guessing it would need a re-tune?.im at 14 psi now...Car makes silly power..breaks MT Dr's loose on 40-50 mph rolls..there not heated up of course..lol im sure if i did i wouldnt break them loose...I just think my timing is a little low...kinda a little doggy of the line then around 2500 rpms pulls hard or is that turbo lag im feeling?...Mods are in SIG...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 11:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
in theory you could add more boost if you add more meth but without a wideband its a guessing game. what nozzle are you running on your meth kit? you could always go up to the next size, put the wideband on it and see what it does to your afr. if it made it richer, which it will, start adding 1psi at a time of boost till you get back to the correct afr. dyno tune is always the best option

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
post #3 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (18)
timing could be on the safe side but! its prob more turbo lag then anything. a higher boost setting is not going to make the boost come on any sooner. try an exhaust cut out first to make it spool faster. or no air filter in the

afr 185 heads, dss 331
Turbo build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckythirteen13 View Post
in theory you could add more boost if you add more meth but without a wideband its a guessing game. what nozzle are you running on your meth kit? you could always go up to the next size, put the wideband on it and see what it does to your afr. if it made it richer, which it will, start adding 1psi at a time of boost till you get back to the correct afr. dyno tune is always the best option
Yes i do have a wide Band an AEM...AF's are good right now...I think i run a 375L jet...the control box is set for it to start coming in at around 4 psi and ramp up at 7 psi total...its just weird if i press on the gas slowly the power comes on like a frieght train.but seems like is i mash it it will almost take its time like lag...it moves dont get me wrong but it feels better if i press on it slowluy..it mite be because its an AOD with just a mild stall...probably need a bigger convertor...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement