post #1 of 8 Old 08-04-2012, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (17)
methanol and transbrake

engine setup:
boss block 333ci
twin to4e turbos
aod
blah blah blah

anyways, this will be my first time with methanol and a transbrake. ive run both before but never at the same time. i have a snow stage one and the point at which it activates is adjustable based on boost pressure. my question is, should the methanol spray while on the brake?

snow recommends having the meth turn on at about half your max boost pressure. i want to run 18-20psi (if the turbos will support it, ive had them up to 15psi on the last motor). that means the meth should turn on at 9-10psi. i dont know how much boost ill make on the brake. last motor made 5psi at 3200rpm. it was a joke tho. scratches in the walls and pistons slapping around, amazing it ran at all. last motor was 8.5:1, this motor is 9.5:1 so i expect ill be able to push the converter to 3500rpm easy and with the extra rpm and the higher compression/better built motor i would expect 7-8psi on the brake (maybe? IDK). if i run 18psi or even 20, should i set the meth to come on at say 7psi while on the brake (in hopes to make even more power/boost off the line) or have it turn on just after the launch?

all comments welcomed and appreciated

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I would want it off the line for sure, thats like having nitrous but not spraying it off the line........

I thought Meth was based off WOT? I guess you can get more technical with it and make it boost based?

post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reved up View Post
I would want it off the line for sure, thats like having nitrous but not spraying it off the line........

I thought Meth was based off WOT? I guess you can get more technical with it and make it boost based?

It's an electric pump so you can activate it just about any way. Boost, a push button, wot switch, window switch, etc. Boost switch is what comes in the kit

TWIN TURBO!! Because bottles are for babies and superchargers blow
megasquirt, 331, twin 66s, ported 205cc head, efi spyder intake, 160# injectors, e85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-05-2012, 11:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Dont know if i can help i run a single turbo and 14 psi..I run a stage 2 snow performance..mine starts coming in at 4 psi all in by 7/8 psi....I hit 4 psi pretty fast....

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
post #5 of 8 Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Im interested in knowing this too!
post #6 of 8 Old 08-12-2012, 07:31 PM

I tried the meth on the brake and the car hated it and bogged. I may not have something right in the set up of it though.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)
I say it would depend on how much boost you make on the trans brake. Look at it this way if you were racing the car and you hit xx PSI would you being used meth? If yes, treat the boost the same on the brake. If it doesn't like it then wire the meth to be PSI based but be off when the brake is on. I have see guys do the same with N20, to help flash the converter.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

1989 GT Vert.. Major Changes for 2013 Wish me luck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old setup from 2012 On3 Turbo, Trick Flow 170 Heads, Edelbrock RPM upper & Lower, Trick Flow Stg 2 cam, UPR K-member and control arms and Strang front and rear coil over, and UPR upper and lower rear control arms, MM frame connectors Fully Built AOD, 512whp
post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Pretty sure my set up is just too rich right now with it. I will have to fine tune it a bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement