More boost without a new tune? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
More boost without a new tune?

As of now i have an 8lb spring in my wg and a base tune from on3. The car runs pretty good but i was wondering if it would be safe to up to the 10lb spring. On cool nights the car has crept to around 11lbs on a hard pull but during the day usually stays around 7-8lb. My question is since it has seen that boost (multiple times) would it be safe to change my wg spring without tuning it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (28)
Need to know more details on the tune, If it's getting to 11#s on cool nights with 8lb spring than that means with a 10lb spring it would be 13#'s or so on a cool night. that could be a bad thing. Your in maryville, so you've probably been to knox drag strip?

post #3 of 6 Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure on the specifics of the tune I know at wot the a/f will stay around 11 to 11.2. As for Max timing I'm not sure but after I blew the gaskets I backed the base timing off 3 deg. I have been to knox drug strip a few times but I haven't had this car there. I took it to 411 before I had the turbo on. Are u the guy with the square body ranger with the turbo in the bed? If so we met at 411 onenight I was the guy in the green foxbody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-26-2012, 11:25 AM

Don't risk it. Just get it tuned.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rd SVT View Post
Don't risk it. Just get it tuned.
this...

but if you want to risk it...don't do it without a wideband and you can retard timing to keep it safe

'18 Charger Hellcat
95 Cobra - Comp Billet PT8047 DIY Turbo and 340CI A4 Car
Palm Beach Dyno tuned - juuuuuuuust a little over 385RWHP....
RIP - Jerry"BabyLove" Glover ....1952 to 2012...
post #6 of 6 Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Well i decided to swap the spring out and man what a difference. A/f stayed the same as before 11-11.2 so its still on the fat side. I left the timing alone since i had already retarded it 3 deg. But the odd thing is that it seems to be running cooler. My temp gauge usually runs on the "o" and just barely on the "r" but on my way home from work this afternoon it stayed on the "n" even after a pull. I checked when i got home and it hadnt pushed any water out and the rad hose was no harder than normal. Does anyone see this as a concern or is it just fords junk gauges?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement