Hard block on the street? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hard block on the street?

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with hardblock on the street. I can't afford to build an aftermarket block setup and I have plenty of 5.0 blocks laying around. I have heard that half filling wouldn't be a problem but id like to do a full fill up to the bottom of the water pump holes. Any advise would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
Is this gonna be a race car?? whats your plans for this car... the more you fill the less coolant will be going thru the block...you will have cooling issues...to say the very least...

91 Fox- Sold
2013 Base GT- Brembo, Recaros, Lund Tune, M6, MgW, Whiteline Lowers, Steeda Adj. Upper, J&M Adj Panhard, Flowmaster Outlaw A.B
2003 Marauder- Eaton blower, jba headers bassani x pipe, flowmasters 12.25 111.xx street tires
post #3 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 01:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Well I know it wont help the block from spliting but it does help a bit around the cylinders. I also have heard guys running nice and cool withe hard block. At the bottom of the pump. I think your best bet is getting a good machine job so you'll have the least amout of vibration.
Any of those blocks pre 72?

Stock block Bcam,gt40p,explorer intake 62mm turbonetics 12psi 42 pound injectors 340 pump all that extra jazz.
366/442 at 9psi
407/495 at 12psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
No its not a race car. As of now its an all stock 95 cobra with just arp studs and an on3 kit that I I drive it everyday. I was planning on using a 5.0 block but I do have a 70 302 block. I am mainly conserned with cooling. I have heard that a half fill doesn't affect the cooling much. I have also personally seen round track cars that have been full hard blocked not run any hotter than without but they had oil coolers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement