what springs to run in tial bov??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (26)
what springs to run in tial bov???

i'm running 2 tial 50 mm "q" bov's in my new combo... based on tial's chart, my big cam motor that makes very little vacuum at idle needs a 6 psi spring. however, i'm running 2 tial "q" valves on a twin setup. should I stick with what the chart says and go with 6 psi springs in both valves? the combo has a big stall and big cam meaning once throttle is lifted the engine drops rpm quickly and proceeds to makes little vacuum. I just want to be able to slam the throttle shut and protect my turbos from surge, so what springs do y'all think??? thanks in advance!

AARON
_______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 12:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/BOVspc.png

Stick to the chart, same in both. Keep in mind it's not the vacuum that opens the valve. It the sudden change in pressures on both sides of the valve. While in boost it's applying the same boost to both sides of the valve equalizing the pressure. When the throttle closes it cuts off the pressure to the valves one side. Allowing it to open from the boost pressure in the charge pipe. Having the correct spring rate helps in the aid of opening the BOV at lower boost or when not quiet in boost driving around town.

88lx Conv. 200K mile stock longblock. Trickflow intake, 42lb inj, Pmas protube,TKO500, 3:27, pypes muffs, Pa Racing tubluar K-member, DIY single turbo setup. Summit aluminum rad, Crane Hi-fire ign, subfames, 17" sc saleen's, Saleen ground effects, SCT tune by Dynosport. 380HP 435ftbs.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
What is your vac at warm idle? You want the spring pressure to be around half your vac.

07 Grabber Orange GT Prem/Vert/6060/3.55
S&H Twin turbo kit, 6262 oil-less Comp turbos
9:1 compression 281, turbo cams, e85
[email protected],[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (26)
thanks for the responses guys. i am not familiar with turbo setups. i had a centri-blown combo before and ran the infamous procharger big red valve... it stayed open during idle (kinda moved up and down during idle) and would slam shut when throttle was opened and slam open when throttle was abruptly shut. it seems the tial valves are slightly different (or is it the way turbos dont make any boost without engine load) but i just want the valves to open when i slam the throttle shut to protect my turbos. my engine makes very little vacuum when throttle is shut.... i wanted a baseline spring to purchase in order to get my engine going to DETERMINE my exact vacuum reading at idle, cause i dont know that yet.

AARON
_______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement