03 04 cobra turbo guys come in. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 49
03 04 cobra turbo guys come in.

Im getting ready to go turbo. I wanna do a custom setup. Where are the best places to buy hot and cold side parts? Im planning for a single turbo build.

tedster429 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Registered User
 
Gearhead559's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus,ohio
Posts: 873
on3 kit minus turbo here..

last one i did was a hellion kit with sullivan upper and lower etc(all of it over priced IMO)

what are you looking to do? there are a few places out there making what you need...


I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
Gearhead559 is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Registered User
 
Swagger31's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 608
Did those cobra supercharger/turbo kits ever catch on? I know I read they had some kinks to work out. Would be cool to see one work all the way through the rpms
Swagger31 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead559 View Post
on3 kit minus turbo here..

last one i did was a hellion kit with sullivan upper and lower etc(all of it over priced IMO)

what are you looking to do? there are a few places out there making what you need...
I was thinking of going on3 besides turbo as well. The overall goal is to make 700rwhp wih the potential of making more when I want. I have not decided on turbo size yet.
tedster429 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
 
Gearhead559's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus,ohio
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedster429 View Post
I was thinking of going on3 besides turbo as well. The overall goal is to make 700rwhp wih the potential of making more when I want. I have not decided on turbo size yet.
700 wheel is rather easy to do with the 01 cobra intake and the turbo kit with a 76mm turbo. the current one im building im going wiht a much better turbo, so i know gate flow (controlling boost) will be my biggest issue.

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
Gearhead559 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead559 View Post
700 wheel is rather easy to do with the 01 cobra intake and the turbo kit with a 76mm turbo. the current one im building im going wiht a much better turbo, so i know gate flow (controlling boost) will be my biggest issue.
Yeah I'm prob going to go with a precision ball bearing 76mm. Did on3 let you just buy the kit without the turbo? Also, are they ceramic coated tubing?
tedster429 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered User
 
Gearhead559's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus,ohio
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedster429 View Post
Yeah I'm prob going to go with a precision ball bearing 76mm. Did on3 let you just buy the kit without the turbo? Also, are they ceramic coated tubing?
no the headers are painted, and the rest is bare stainless/aluminum tubing.

this car had the first gen kit on it already. we upgraded to the forward facing which was limited production, but they may still be stocked. not completely sure on that.

you can get the ceramic coating done by them. but since im local, im just having them done hopefully soon and still wrapping them too.

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
Gearhead559 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead559 View Post
no the headers are painted, and the rest is bare stainless/aluminum tubing.

this car had the first gen kit on it already. we upgraded to the forward facing which was limited production, but they may still be stocked. not completely sure on that.

you can get the ceramic coating done by them. but since im local, im just having them done hopefully soon and still wrapping them too.
Thanks for all the info. Im gonna give them a call and see if they will sell me the hot and cold side.
tedster429 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 06-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Registered User
 
Gearhead559's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: columbus,ohio
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedster429 View Post
Thanks for all the info. Im gonna give them a call and see if they will sell me the hot and cold side.
will be easier asking if they will sell the kit minus turbo. just trust me on that. the way its packaged its easier for them to just subtract things like turbo and gate.

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
Gearhead559 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMR Forged Shortblock Specials, NOS, S/C or TURBO!! Mod Mustang Racing Modular Engine Parts 946 10-27-2015 05:17 PM
For Sale Lots of SN95 GT & Cobra Parts bmwm3 Modular Engine Parts 26 03-26-2012 04:03 PM
For Sale 98 cobra intercoooler kit an turbo an extras turbo 98 cobra Power Adders 1 01-04-2012 03:55 PM
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra Project kyb88 SVT & DOHC 0 09-03-2011 07:41 PM
For Sale white 01 turbo cobra w/03 cobra motor 01sleeper Mustangs For Sale/Wanted, 1999-2004 27 07-04-2011 12:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome