03 04 cobra turbo guys come in. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
03 04 cobra turbo guys come in.

Im getting ready to go turbo. I wanna do a custom setup. Where are the best places to buy hot and cold side parts? Im planning for a single turbo build.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
on3 kit minus turbo here..

last one i did was a hellion kit with sullivan upper and lower etc(all of it over priced IMO)

what are you looking to do? there are a few places out there making what you need...

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
post #3 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 03:13 AM

Did those cobra supercharger/turbo kits ever catch on? I know I read they had some kinks to work out. Would be cool to see one work all the way through the rpms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead559 View Post
on3 kit minus turbo here..

last one i did was a hellion kit with sullivan upper and lower etc(all of it over priced IMO)

what are you looking to do? there are a few places out there making what you need...
I was thinking of going on3 besides turbo as well. The overall goal is to make 700rwhp wih the potential of making more when I want. I have not decided on turbo size yet.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedster429 View Post
I was thinking of going on3 besides turbo as well. The overall goal is to make 700rwhp wih the potential of making more when I want. I have not decided on turbo size yet.
700 wheel is rather easy to do with the 01 cobra intake and the turbo kit with a 76mm turbo. the current one im building im going wiht a much better turbo, so i know gate flow (controlling boost) will be my biggest issue.

post #6 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
700 wheel is rather easy to do with the 01 cobra intake and the turbo kit with a 76mm turbo. the current one im building im going wiht a much better turbo, so i know gate flow (controlling boost) will be my biggest issue.
Yeah I'm prob going to go with a precision ball bearing 76mm. Did on3 let you just buy the kit without the turbo? Also, are they ceramic coated tubing?
post #7 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah I'm prob going to go with a precision ball bearing 76mm. Did on3 let you just buy the kit without the turbo? Also, are they ceramic coated tubing?
no the headers are painted, and the rest is bare stainless/aluminum tubing.

this car had the first gen kit on it already. we upgraded to the forward facing which was limited production, but they may still be stocked. not completely sure on that.

you can get the ceramic coating done by them. but since im local, im just having them done hopefully soon and still wrapping them too.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-05-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
no the headers are painted, and the rest is bare stainless/aluminum tubing.

this car had the first gen kit on it already. we upgraded to the forward facing which was limited production, but they may still be stocked. not completely sure on that.

you can get the ceramic coating done by them. but since im local, im just having them done hopefully soon and still wrapping them too.
Thanks for all the info. Im gonna give them a call and see if they will sell me the hot and cold side.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-06-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. Im gonna give them a call and see if they will sell me the hot and cold side.
will be easier asking if they will sell the kit minus turbo. just trust me on that. the way its packaged its easier for them to just subtract things like turbo and gate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement