On 3 turbo dyno vid - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
On 3 turbo dyno vid

Here is a quick vid on the dyno. Car is bone stock 5.0 with 140k on the motor. Made 433rwhp and 556rwtq. Pretty happy.



88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. 10.8[email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia, B.C.
Posts: 372
Nice, looks like a budget friendly build. How stock is your engine? I see an explorer intake?

Journeyman is offline  
post #3 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
Yep, total budget build. I only have $4k in the car total. The only mod to the motor is the intake. Bone stock! I just need to get a paint job now.

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered User
 
MY 93 GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolb02 View Post
Yep, total budget build. I only have $4k in the car total. The only mod to the motor is the intake. Bone stock! I just need to get a paint job now.
WELL MY DYNO NUMBERS MUST BE WAY OFF THEN...LOL..How much boost you making?...What dyno is it? I have way more motor work then...Maybe mine is off....lol

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
MY 93 GT is offline  
post #5 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: maryland
Posts: 273
556tq. nice fun ride
NXLSC is offline  
post #6 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered User
 
MY 93 GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,977
I want mine re-dynoed..LOL...Now i have to find another dyno shop to throw it on and see what they get...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
MY 93 GT is offline  
post #7 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered User
 
2Guard's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (8)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 459
how much boost?? Damn man those are some great numbers.

Car/92 5.0/ Engine stock block/ and bolt-ons.. [email protected] (sold)

97 Cobra All stock for now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2Guard is offline  
post #8 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (14)
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Woodland, CA....Nor Cal
Posts: 2,530
and through an AOD?... wow

'18 Charger Hellcat
95 Cobra - Comp Billet PT8047 DIY Turbo and 340CI A4 Car
Palm Beach Dyno tuned - juuuuuuuust a little over 385RWHP....
RIP - Jerry"BabyLove" Glover ....1952 to 2012...
chinopsu is offline  
post #9 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
I have had it on 2 different dyno's both within 5hp and 10tq of each other. They are both dynojets. I have the 13psi spring in the tial gate but I only see about 10 cause im at high elevation. We lose boost cause of that. And I want to thank Chris at Power Adder Solutions for all the help with tuning. What a great guy!

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
post #10 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (55)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,773
Congrats!


92 Hatch On3 Turbo, T56
92 Vert 349 Lunati Stroker T5
87 Gt Eddy HCI T5
87 Notch in progress
fmyth is offline  
post #11 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 341
Nice man. What turbo did you go with on the kit?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
zuritausmc is offline  
post #12 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolb02 View Post
I have had it on 2 different dyno's both within 5hp and 10tq of each other. They are both dynojets. I have the 13psi spring in the tial gate but I only see about 10 cause im at high elevation. We lose boost cause of that. And I want to thank Chris at Power Adder Solutions for all the help with tuning. What a great guy!
The pressure drop you are seeing is due to the losses associated with the intercooler and cold side piping. Both your boost gauge and your wastegate read off of a gauge reference meaning absolute - atmospheric pressure. Your boost gauge always reads 0 regardless of your elevation (assuming it’s a mechanical). If you are at 5k feet, the pressure at 5k feet is your starting reference for the boost gauge and wastegate. If you want to run 13psi, switch your vacuum reference for the wastegate from the turbo to the manifold. If that little amount of vacuum worries you, add a one way check-valve to the line to prevent it.

I'd check your dyno charts too, as I'd bet they applied SAE correction to them. If you are at a higher elevation, full SAE should NOT be applied to turbo applications as it will artificially inflate the HP and TQ numbers. Remember, the turbo is in essence creating its own atmosphere...so you can't fully apply atmospheric correction (elevation). You will lose some HP/TQ, but the amounts are FAR less than a N/A vehicle would lose.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
millhouse is offline  
post #13 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered User
 
MY 93 GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,977
Something is off NO?..I have way more motor and i see 14 psi...i make less...lol..unless the dyno they used sucked...LOL...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
MY 93 GT is offline  
post #14 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered User
 
boosted93v's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 93 GT View Post
Something is off NO?..I have way more motor and i see 14 psi...i make less...lol..unless the dyno they used sucked...LOL...
alot of dynos will read diffrent dude.. Just cause you have way more done on your motor and on 14 psi doesnt mean youll make more hp.. your motor could be wore out, ####ty tune, etc
boosted93v is offline  
post #15 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
boosted93v's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 159
Kolb what do you all have done to the AOD man??
boosted93v is offline  
post #16 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Registered User
 
2Guard's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (8)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 93 GT View Post
Something is off NO?..I have way more motor and i see 14 psi...i make less...lol..unless the dyno they used sucked...LOL...
I feel the same way. NOT calling B.S on op but damn, makes me think what have i been doing wrong..

Congrats.

Car/92 5.0/ Engine stock block/ and bolt-ons.. [email protected] (sold)

97 Cobra All stock for now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2Guard is offline  
post #17 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
The pressure drop you are seeing is due to the losses associated with the intercooler and cold side piping. Both your boost gauge and your wastegate read off of a gauge reference meaning absolute - atmospheric pressure. Your boost gauge always reads 0 regardless of your elevation (assuming it’s a mechanical). If you are at 5k feet, the pressure at 5k feet is your starting reference for the boost gauge and wastegate. If you want to run 13psi, switch your vacuum reference for the wastegate from the turbo to the manifold. If that little amount of vacuum worries you, add a one way check-valve to the line to prevent it.

I'd check your dyno charts too, as I'd bet they applied SAE correction to them. If you are at a higher elevation, full SAE should NOT be applied to turbo applications as it will artificially inflate the HP and TQ numbers. Remember, the turbo is in essence creating its own atmosphere...so you can't fully apply atmospheric correction (elevation). You will lose some HP/TQ, but the amounts are FAR less than a N/A vehicle would lose.
Millhouse, I'm not an expert but I own a shop and have tuned mustangs up here for 10 years and you lose 2-3 psi no matter turbo or blower. I go to sea level and gain it back. Have you ever experienced 7000ft of DA? It kills boost and power. NA cars are a full second slower in the 1320 up here and boosted cars are about .7-.5 slower. Doesn't everyone do SAE no matter what elevation? I'm not sure about that, I'm no expert but Dynojets shop is in our backyard and they don't seem to think so. I used our own dyno and dynojets and they both read the same. I also had my other turbo car dynoed at Brenspeed in IN. and It was within 5-10 as the two up here. Im not nocking on you millhouse just stating my actual results from different dynos across the country. It would be interesting to take the SAE off the dyno and see what it makes. I will try that next week as my buddy lets me dyno for free for helping him out with his car all the time.

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
post #18 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
The AOD has a Silverfox trans valve body in it. Otherwise its a stock AOD.

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
post #19 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolb02 View Post
Millhouse, I'm not an expert but I own a shop and have tuned mustangs up here for 10 years and you lose 2-3 psi no matter turbo or blower. I go to sea level and gain it back. Have you ever experienced 7000ft of DA? It kills boost and power. NA cars are a full second slower in the 1320 up here and boosted cars are about .7-.5 slower. Doesn't everyone do SAE no matter what elevation? I'm not sure about that, I'm no expert but Dynojets shop is in our backyard and they don't seem to think so. I used our own dyno and dynojets and they both read the same. I also had my other turbo car dynoed at Brenspeed in IN. and It was within 5-10 as the two up here. Im not nocking on you millhouse just stating my actual results from different dynos across the country. It would be interesting to take the SAE off the dyno and see what it makes. I will try that next week as my buddy lets me dyno for free for helping him out with his car all the time.
You will only lose boost if your turbo is pushed off the compressor map (maxed out). Otherwise, you will produce identical boost (were talking gauge pressure here). That is all controlled by the wastegate (which uses gauge pressure).

Supercharges and blowers are completely different beasts and have no way to regulate their pressure levels. They absolutely will lose pressure with elevation.

You simply can't use SAE correction on turbo'd vehicles at higher elevations. I'm not sure if it's possible to turn of just the DA correction or not, but it's possible to just the STD values. While they may not be 100% on, they will likely be far more accurate.
millhouse is offline  
post #20 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered User
 
jturmanator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (7)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MS
Posts: 2,069
I made 440 HP and 500lb torque on a stock 67k mile motor with GT40 head and explorer intake running 110 octane with 10lbs of boost. Dynojet. Oh and I have a T5.

Stock block, GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 67mm, 10lbs, 431HP 497TQ on 110 octane. 12.01 @ 123
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jturmanator is offline  
post #21 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (17)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: nevada
Posts: 444
grats sounds good
i am at 6500ft and n/a cars are down about 1 sec off up here from sea level
allenpeake is offline  
post #22 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered User
 
MY 93 GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted93v View Post
alot of dynos will read diffrent dude.. Just cause you have way more done on your motor and on 14 psi doesnt mean youll make more hp.. your motor could be wore out, ####ty tune, etc
True but i think my motor is in very good shape...I know my tune is set up safe..so i know its leaving HP on the table...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
MY 93 GT is offline  
post #23 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Registered User
 
MY 93 GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
You will only lose boost if your turbo is pushed off the compressor map (maxed out). Otherwise, you will produce identical boost (were talking gauge pressure here). That is all controlled by the wastegate (which uses gauge pressure).

Supercharges and blowers are completely different beasts and have no way to regulate their pressure levels. They absolutely will lose pressure with elevation.

You simply can't use SAE correction on turbo'd vehicles at higher elevations. I'm not sure if it's possible to turn of just the DA correction or not, but it's possible to just the STD values. While they may not be 100% on, they will likely be far more accurate.


So SAE numbers are Golrified numbers?

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
MY 93 GT is offline  
post #24 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 93 GT View Post
So SAE numbers are Golrified numbers?
SAE numbers work great for what they were intended...to correct n/a applications.
millhouse is offline  
post #25 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
You will only lose boost if your turbo is pushed off the compressor map (maxed out). Otherwise, you will produce identical boost (were talking gauge pressure here). That is all controlled by the wastegate (which uses gauge pressure).

Supercharges and blowers are completely different beasts and have no way to regulate their pressure levels. They absolutely will lose pressure with elevation.

You simply can't use SAE correction on turbo'd vehicles at higher elevations. I'm not sure if it's possible to turn of just the DA correction or not, but it's possible to just the STD values. While they may not be 100% on, they will likely be far more accurate.
So why are my numbers the same at sea level as they are at 7000ft DA? Its cause it is SAE corrected right? All I know is if you come up here you will lose 2-3 psi from sea level. No matter turbo or blower. Its a fact. Thats why top fuel in Denver get to spin the blower faster.

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
post #26 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolb02 View Post
So why are my numbers the same at sea level as they are at 7000ft DA? Its cause it is SAE corrected right? All I know is if you come up here you will lose 2-3 psi from sea level. No matter turbo or blower. Its a fact. Thats why top fuel in Denver get to spin the blower faster.
Again, you won't lose 2-3 psi with a turbo unless you are maxing it out. The boost as measured by gauge pressure will be identical at sea level as it is 7000ft DA. A blower is not a turbo and does not have a means to compensate for pressure like a turbo's wastegate does. Superchargers and blowers will have to overdrive their systems by swapping pulleys to compensate. Turbo's (wastegates) do it automatically.

If you aren't paying attention, it is possible that some places won't apply SAE correction while others will. Look at your dyno read-outs and see if they are SAE or STD.
millhouse is offline  
post #27 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
All my runs are SAE corrected. My last turbo car was dynoed about 150 times on 4 different dynos in 3 different states. They all were SAE. Millhouse you have me 2nd guessing things, but I only use the dyno as a tool. The tack is where it matters to me. I will be going there next weekend.

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
post #28 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered User
 
MY 93 GT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
Again, you won't lose 2-3 psi with a turbo unless you are maxing it out. The boost as measured by gauge pressure will be identical at sea level as it is 7000ft DA. A blower is not a turbo and does not have a means to compensate for pressure like a turbo's wastegate does. Superchargers and blowers will have to overdrive their systems by swapping pulleys to compensate. Turbo's (wastegates) do it automatically.

If you aren't paying attention, it is possible that some places won't apply SAE correction while others will. Look at your dyno read-outs and see if they are SAE or STD.
Ok so its really not making 433 rwhp then with it being SAE?...or is it im confussed....lol.

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
MY 93 GT is offline  
post #29 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolb02 View Post
All my runs are SAE corrected. My last turbo car was dynoed about 150 times on 4 different dynos in 3 different states. They all were SAE. Millhouse you have me 2nd guessing things, but I only use the dyno as a tool. The tack is where it matters to me. I will be going there next weekend.
The track is all the matters for sure. Your numbers do sound inflated however as they are somewhat higher than comparable setups through an auto. SAE correction could easily account for that at higher elevations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 93 GT View Post
Ok so its really not making 433 rwhp then with it being SAE?...or is it im confussed....lol.
They are probably inflated because of the SAE correction. In the end though, you are looking for how the vehicle is performing at the track.
millhouse is offline  
post #30 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
 
zion1015's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (12)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 451
Millhouse have you ever had a turbo car that you went to 7000 ft to sea level. My diesel truck is turbo and at higher elevation looses boost every time. So you my friend are wrong dont care what your physics say. That is just what happens and not cool the guy telling you his car looses boost and you not even being there says no it dont.
zion1015 is offline  
post #31 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by zion1015 View Post
Millhouse have you ever had a turbo car that you went to 7000 ft to sea level. My diesel truck is turbo and at higher elevation looses boost every time. So you my friend are wrong dont care what your physics say. That is just what happens and not cool the guy telling you his car looses boost and you not even being there says no it dont.
Nope, never have.

There are only a few reasons you would lose boost at higher elevation. Either you have a crappy or defective wastegate (remember wastegates reference off of gauge pressure), your turbo is exceeding it's max efficiency rating, or perhaps you are just not staying in it long enough to reach full boost (you will have more lag at higher elevations).

With a good wastegate and a properly sized turbo, there is no reason to lose any pressure at elevation.

At 5000 ft, the absolute air pressure is 12.2 psi. If you are running 10psi of boost at sea level, instead of seeing an absolute of 24.7 psi(14.7psi sea level +10psi gauge), you would see 22.2 absolute psi (12.2psi at 5k feet + 10psi gauge). Your gauge is going to read the same 10psi regardless of elevation, as it is reading gauge pressure. The wastegate too operates off of gauge pressure.

There are some electronic gauges however that are calibrated to sea level. In those cases, you actually would see a skewed psi reading at higher elevations. It would be an incorrect reading however, as the gauge pressure should remain the same.
millhouse is offline  
post #32 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Registered User
 
nasty92lx's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 448
Higher elevation = thinner air = less air to be compressed. Therefore less air volume coming through compressor = less air volume being discharged = yup less boost. You cannot compress what is simply not there.

I'm not a magazine racer, my car is actually fast.
I also have a Honda civic but, mine has a bigger, uglier driver.
nasty92lx is offline  
post #33 of 65 Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Registered User
 
zion1015's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (12)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 451
So you don't know you are speculating hmmmmm
zion1015 is offline  
post #34 of 65 Old 06-02-2012, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (10)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty92lx View Post
Higher elevation = thinner air = less air to be compressed. Therefore less air volume coming through compressor = less air volume being discharged = yup less boost. You cannot compress what is simply not there.
Your totaly right! Doesn't matter about turbo or blower if the air is thinner it takes more work to make the same PSI or HP. Not bashing anyone but untill you have been at elevation you don't know how much it affects the car.

88' 5.0LX, Bone stock motor, C4, on3 turbo. [email protected] 437rwhp 556rwtq
kolb02 is offline  
post #35 of 65 Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (8)
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prescott, Ontario
Posts: 193
This thread is full of fail. Millhouse is 100 percent correct. On a turbo application 10psi is 10psi over absolute air pressure it doesn't matter what the elevation is. If your turbo isn't making the same boost at higher elevation it's out of it's efficiency range. Nice posts Millhouse.
chiaj144 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need your help with Ford Modular ΒΌ mile ET Quick list all time mobeydick Drag Racing 27 04-17-2013 02:53 PM
For Sale TURN-KEY TURBO BIG BORE 347 DSS AFR 614 RWHP/657 RWTQ bikewiz Windsor Engine Parts 11 03-26-2011 09:21 PM
2001 GT Stock Dyno info BMan5150 GT & SOHC 9 01-07-2002 11:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome