Ford Mustang Forums banner

Turbocharger or Supercharger

824 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  snipe656 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 v6 mustang and I wanted to get somemore power I have an exhaust system, cold air intake and a tuner, now I was wondering if I should go for a turbocharger or a supercharger. I do not have to much money as of now but I did not plan on doing this right now either. I was wondering which was better to get and specifically which ones to get. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

#3 ·
If your planning on buying a bolt-on kit i'd vote supercharger. But if you have some fabrication skills and feel like you could build your own, you should go turbo.

If it were me i would be swaping in a 4.2 and building a turbo setup. Just sayin.....

#9 ·
Built my turbo kit for less than $1500. Put over 20k miles on it, a year and a couple months, I drive it everyday and it is my only vehicle. You just need to do the right amount of research and get some real tech advice... I vote turbo, you can find junkyard turbos to bolt on, you cant find a junkyard supercharger.

However, I do agree with the fact that you are better off with a v8 swap initially. Much larger aftermarket following, easier to find mods etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.