On 3 Performance 2011 5.0 Single Turbo System / Shop Car Build - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (13)
On 3 Performance 2011 5.0 Single Turbo System / Shop Car Build

Not sure why my last thread was closed instead of pulling people out of the thread that are causing problems so we will start over.

As some have already seen in the S-197 2011+ section, we have been working on a complete single turbo system for the new 2011+ 5.0 cars. Its been a long project and nearing the finish line where we can finally put it into production. So just wanted to get a thread going in the turbo section so we can get more exposure, show more photos and answer questions. Its been a fun project and it really turned out as good or better than expected. If you pull up to any show and pop the hood, the turbo just sticks out and looks mean. It really grabs your attention and turns heads.

This is actually our shop car that we used to do the build and it was bone stock when we picked it up. Over the last 3 months or so, we designed an under-hood mounted single turbo system. Each kit is going to come standard with our On 3 Performance ceramic ball bearing 67mm turbo with an option to go with our 76mm as well. We used the 76mm on our shop car and were slightly worried about the spool up and that size turbo. Yesterday we found out that will not be an issue, it spooled up about as suck as you hit the pedal on the right.

As of right now we are just running the 5psi standard spring that will come in the kit. This kit is going to come standard with our new On 3 Performance 44mm V-banded wastegate which is holding boost perfect at 5psi on the dyno. The car is still at Pick-ups Plus Cars.com which is where we get all of our tuning done on our cars at the shop. So once the car is back from there, we will get the official numbers posted but as of now, we are on the right track and I couldn’t be any happier.

Each kit will come complete and just need your choice of injector that you will run and maf recalibrated. Both of which we will be able to supply and include at the time of the purchase.

Once the car is back in our possession, we will finish up the last bit of testing we need and get it out to the track asap. I need to come up with some wheels and tires before we go to the track. Once I have some sticky tires on the car, we will be sure to get some track times. I cannot wait to see what we are going to be able to do at the track. Also wanted to thank BMR Suspension which took care of us in that department. We ended up doing a set of their springs, rear lower control arms, and adjustable pan-hard. Highly recommend the products, bolted on very easily and quick to answer the one question we had on the install.

Also before we got started on the project, I decided to mock up an off-road X pipe that we will also soon offer. We built a custom designed stainless 3” x-pipe for the guys just going the bolt on route. I need to still finish up the turbo parts but we are going to design a 3” stainless kit to eliminate the resonators and go from x-pipe to the axle back. Stay tuned for those new products as we roll them out and continue to develop more parts for the 2011+ platform

2011 X pipe kit:

Getting started on the car

Couple of the brackets included in the kit:

Custom molded couplers for our intercooler kit:

Custom made in-house oil feed line to our new oil restrictor plate:

Fitment of the kit, how everything sits and looks installed:

Im going to reserve and hold the next few posts so that I can add to the thread and also post any updates. That way we can keep as much info and photos in the first few posts if the thread starts to get long.

Not sure what this goes to but Im sure its good for testing something?? :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

I was able to get the car out and play around with it a little bit the past few days. Im going to need better tires on the back thats for sure.

Also as you can see we have great ground clearance even with the BMR springs all the way around it

post #3 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
Edit'd

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG

Last edited by 4Jenna; 10-09-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

reserved for future additions to the thread
post #5 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Pm'ed an answer, this thread is going to stay on this topic, please start threads for anything not pertaining to this build

Thanks
post #6 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by On 3 Performance View Post
Not sure what this goes to but Im sure its good for testing something?? :-)
Please post the results.
post #7 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 05:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
aww man not again

in on 1 lol

1999 auto turbo buld! Precision PT7675 CEA
MMR 4.75 se stroker bullet oil pump 9:1 compression notched pistions MMR stage 3 turbo cams, livernois stage 3 heads ARP everything cricle D triple disk 3800 stall 6pt cage full adj suspension just a street car
xbox: mcraven420
Lookin for 9's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 29 Old 10-09-2011, 08:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Still want to know if thread tape voids the warranty?

89 coupe- some parts

best time-11.67
best mph-120.57
best 60 ft-1.63
post #9 of 29 Old 11-07-2011, 07:09 PM

This go the way of the dodo bird?

89 coupe- some parts

best time-11.67
best mph-120.57
best 60 ft-1.63
post #10 of 29 Old 11-08-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

You got my last thread locked up, this is not going to go the same way. As I make progress and have set in stone dates and data I will post. I dont give up, you should know that by now for the 4ish years you have followed me around. I have been putting some miles on the car and still tweaking things till we are happy.

post #11 of 29 Old 11-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You got my last thread locked up, this is not going to go the same way. As I make progress and have set in stone dates and data I will post. I dont give up, you should know that by now for the 4ish years you have followed me around. I have been putting some miles on the car and still tweaking things till we are happy.

You surely must be mistaken.
I have one post in that 3 page thread in which my question was never answered. Surely that one post didn't lock your whole thread. I could be mistaken though!!

89 coupe- some parts

best time-11.67
best mph-120.57
best 60 ft-1.63
post #12 of 29 Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (28)
pm sent to on 3 performance!!!
post #13 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
You surely must be mistaken.
I have one post in that 3 page thread in which my question was never answered. Surely that one post didn't lock your whole thread. I could be mistaken though!!
Nope, that would be me lol. Curious why the dyno graph disappeared though.
post #14 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
I have one post in that 3 page thread in which my question was never answered.
maybe your question wasnt worth answering? just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secgoal View Post
Curious why the dyno graph disappeared though.
maybe do to the fact that since further testing and changes have been made to the project, the final numbers and data are being saved till its all buttoned up! just a thought.

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals

Last edited by Gearhead559; 11-18-2011 at 12:58 PM.
post #15 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead559 View Post
maybe your question wasnt worth answering? just a thought

maybe do to the fact that since further testing and changes have been made to the project, the final numbers and data are being saved till its all buttoned up! just a thought.
Why would that be?

89 coupe- some parts

best time-11.67
best mph-120.57
best 60 ft-1.63
post #16 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Cant believe you didnt have it saved on your hd already. I didnt take it down, it should still be in the thread as well, it wouldnt let me copy my write up after you got the thread locked. Here is the graph once again

post #17 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 PM

I didn't get it locked, you did when you went crying to admin. You just didn't like the facts.

Quote:
Thought there was nothing wrong with the kit? You guys should talk before you come on here. His answers are different than yours. Just a thought.
post #18 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Back to the topic, please lets not get sidetracked. Start a new thread somewhere to argue
post #19 of 29 Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 PM

Probably should. Don't want you crying to admin again. Post the inlet temps for 12-14 psi. Curious to see. Should be much better than hellions.
post #20 of 29 Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Why are you guys so adamant about ####ting up this guys thread? He's been building kits for a while now and honestly I've heard nothing but good from everyone that buys/installs their kits based on the install threads I've read on several different forums.

I'm sure if you have a serious question you can call or PM him and he would be more than happy to answer...and before anyone jumps to conclusions no I don't know anyone at On3 nor do I work for them, nor am I am getting paid to say this.

On3...the new 5.0 kit looks amazing, keep us posted with the progress as usual!

edit: When are you guys gonna start making a twin kit for us 96-04 guys?

Last edited by 03RFVert; 11-19-2011 at 04:53 AM.
post #21 of 29 Old 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Thank you and yes we are in the works for a twin setup on the 2v and 4v cars. We have 3 other projects currently going on but hope to offer a twin setup for both applications in 2012. Its still just on paper and working out details but if all things stay on track, we will work on a twin setup
post #22 of 29 Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secgoal View Post
I didn't get it locked, you did when you went crying to admin. You just didn't like the facts.

Thought there was nothing wrong with the kit? You guys should talk before you come on here. His answers are different than yours. Just a thought.
or maybe we just keep telling you different things to keep you guessing?. i got the best idea yet. how about you worry what you produce, and let him worry about his? i mean, that would be the adult thing to do here. but im pretty sure every one already knows your below that. have a great day!

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
post #23 of 29 Old 11-22-2011, 05:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RFVert View Post
Why are you guys so adamant about ####ting up this guys thread? He's been building kits for a while now and honestly I've heard nothing but good from everyone that buys/installs their kits based on the install threads I've read on several different forums.

I'm sure if you have a serious question you can call or PM him and he would be more than happy to answer...and before anyone jumps to conclusions no I don't know anyone at On3 nor do I work for them, nor am I am getting paid to say this.

On3...the new 5.0 kit looks amazing, keep us posted with the progress as usual!

edit: When are you guys gonna start making a twin kit for us 96-04 guys?
If you have heard nothing but good things obviously you don't read that much...
post #24 of 29 Old 11-22-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
or maybe we just keep telling you different things to keep you guessing?.
Really doubt you're that smart.

Quote:
i got the best idea yet. how about you worry what you produce, and let him worry about his? i mean, that would be the adult thing to do here. but im pretty sure every one already knows your below that. have a great day!
How about this instead? Realize if you put a build in a TECH forum, and there is no tech, shenanigans will arise. Also, when you put your product in the public eye, there is going to be criticism. Deal with it. Have any outstanding day.
post #25 of 29 Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Thank you and yes we are in the works for a twin setup on the 2v and 4v cars. We have 3 other projects currently going on but hope to offer a twin setup for both applications in 2012. Its still just on paper and working out details but if all things stay on track, we will work on a twin setup
Dammnnnnnn , Can't wait for new kit . You new single FF kit is great but damn can't wait for twin kit!!!!!!!
I'm the Fastest on3 FF stock head 2v mustang gt right now , will love to make twin fastest on3 mustang gt

Voodoo racing innovation built 4v , powerglide, borg warner s475 at 29psi, custome turbo kit , pro efi ecu, Aeromotive fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails, id 1000 injectors, e85. Best to date 1.36 60'
Best pass to date 8.92 at 156mph. Best 1/8 mile 5.6at 127 mph.
post #26 of 29 Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Garage
did i just read that your in the works for a 2v twins kit hurry up with this i must have one i have the new ff kit for my 03gt but i want to go twins this is good news to me!
post #27 of 29 Old 11-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Well nice progress Chad,hope it works out for you.

05' GTO - M6 Impulse Blue/Blue
98' WS6 Racecar Project
sosmotorsports.com
post #28 of 29 Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO!TWINS! View Post
did i just read that your in the works for a 2v twins kit hurry up with this i must have one i have the new ff kit for my 03gt but i want to go twins this is good news to me!
Yup twin turbo will match your screen name

Voodoo racing innovation built 4v , powerglide, borg warner s475 at 29psi, custome turbo kit , pro efi ecu, Aeromotive fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails, id 1000 injectors, e85. Best to date 1.36 60'
Best pass to date 8.92 at 156mph. Best 1/8 mile 5.6at 127 mph.
post #29 of 29 Old 11-28-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

It does depend on a few things still and the plan is just in writing right now, nothing tore down or in the design stage quite yet. Im actually working with another customer on this and it was discussed at Mustang Week this year. Currently he is overseas in Afghanistan but wanted to work with us on this project. So if all goes as planned, we will work on it this coming year but as of now there isn't anything set in stone. I think it would be a really cool combo to offer but we will see and if anything materializes, Ill be sure to get it posted up

As for the 2011+ market though, just going to do single systems for now. Not a whole lot of room to work with on the 2011 when compared to a 96-04 cars with a tubular kmember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement