So we'll start a new one - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
So we'll start a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe
People tend to think you are flapping your gums because you come off as someone with a mission in life against On3. When people come off with missions of that nature others often assume the person with the mission is full of it more times than not.
Good thing I wasn't full of it apparently huh ? Given my track record you think people would listen to gum flapping. My "mission" isn't against ON3. It's for peoples information to make an educated purchase. If it was only "against" ON3 I wouldn't have said anything about Hellion or BBR huh ? Not my problem or fault ON3 constantly finds themselves on the last tier and the focus when sub par quality and parts are brought up. That choice is in their hands. God forbid anyone should point out flaws of a turbo kit in a turbo fourm TECH THREAD. If they didn't want to play maybe they should put the products in a section designated for such things ? IDK, that's your job.
I do like the little comments and then locking a thread though. Must feel the need to take a stab and run so no one can put up a fight huh ? Sucks too, we actually had some tech going on in there. Would have loved to hear what you thought. Oh well. I proved my point I think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 02:56 PM

so you made a thread about this.

2001 Ford Lightning-stock
1992 Ford Mustang-bolt ons+turbo. 11.8 @115. 1.64 60ft
post #3 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
What's wrong with sayin how you feel? To many sensitive ass people nowadays ..you do you and tell everyone else to keep up the bad work...

Car/92 5.0/ Engine stock block/ and bolt-ons.. [email protected] (sold)

97 Cobra All stock for now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
If you are going to quote me then quote all of what I said because the rest of what I said indirectly supported the essay long post of yours:

Quote:
Just the nature of online forums I suppose. People also never seem to look past just HP numbers and focus on the overall product they are buying, but oh well it is not my money, product and for that matter care.
People look at a number(hp) and usually never more no matter what else is pointed out to them. You were pointing out all of what else they should look at, I believe it was about some 950 hp number with a Hellion kit.

I locked that thread because the person who started it complained and one thing I do try to do on ANY thread is if the OP complains I will respond on it. I though avoid getting between you and On3 as much as possible so simply locking it seemed like the easiest solution to me. I actually deleted the post after yours since felt yours ended it at a good point but yes I put in my own post. I suppose I could just go and lock things and say nothing, but then people would piss and moan about that too. It is a no win situation for me because I can ignore things like I normally do then eventually someone cries, I can lock things and say nothing then someone cries, I can lock things and say something then someone cries and so on and so on. But if you like just go through Internet history on forums and you will see I almost always lock and comment regardless of forum.

My opinion still stands and I have said it more than once too both publicly and privately to you. I don't think people are listening to you as much as they should simply because of how you have come off via so many thread involvements on the subject.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
I am a true believer in getting what you paid for. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anybody would put a cheap sub-$3000 turbo kit on an expensive, nice 2011 5.0? I can understand doing that to Fox's, SN95's and even New Edges.

I'd rather wait another year for the popular quality Turbo companies to get everything figured out and tested then quickly drop < $3000 on chinese parts on a $30,000+ mustang under warranty...
post #6 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 03:42 PM

why can you understand putting it into a fox?

post #7 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakdown View Post
why can you understand putting it into a fox?
Because replacement parts are easy to come by and there are lots of posts on making cheap power on a pushrod. On cheap replaceable parts, it would be an acceptable risk to buy cheap power adder kits to hussle people. But if you can afford a new 2011, why go cheap and take that much risk? If you can afford the $10,000 engine replacement, you might as well have gone forged and a top of the line kit...

FWIW this was not a knock on Fox's. Those parts are just easier to come by and replace.
post #8 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Turbo Wizard

I can understand for a Fox. Budget would be a big reason for a lot of people. You can get a running Fox dirt cheap and might very well be what someone gets because they are dirt poor. When dirt poor a lot of people try dirt cheap solutions for added power.

I am a big believer of getting what you pay for. Though quite often you pay a lot and still don't get a well designed and/or made thing.

--Admiral Aaron

post #9 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
I can understand for a Fox. Budget would be a big reason for a lot of people. You can get a running Fox dirt cheap and might very well be what someone gets because they are dirt poor. When dirt poor a lot of people try dirt cheap solutions for added power.

I am a big believer of getting what you pay for. Though quite often you pay a lot and still don't get a well designed and/or made thing.
Very true. I am a lover of my HP Performance Turbo, I just hate their [lack] of customer service and turn-around time. I paid out the wazoo for it but it is a very high quality kit.
post #10 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:06 PM

lol i can understand that.

post #11 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94CobraGermany View Post
Because replacement parts are easy to come by and there are lots of posts on making cheap power on a pushrod. On cheap replaceable parts, it would be an acceptable risk to buy cheap power adder kits to hussle people. But if you can afford a new 2011, why go cheap and take that much risk? If you can afford the $10,000 engine replacement, you might as well have gone forged and a top of the line kit...

FWIW this was not a knock on Fox's. Those parts are just easier to come by and replace.
I do agree with this but seems to borderline touch this common flaw I see in auto forums.

Back when I first started to modify my mustangs what ever mod I bought was the only thing I could afford. Reminds me of a post I saw in the BMW forum recently. Someone said how if you can afford to get and drive a $60k 335d then you can also afford to have a early 90s 911 for a weekend fun car. So the guy thinks if someone can drive a $60k car then that person must have let's say $25k they can just also toss out there.

--Admiral Aaron

post #12 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Very true. I am a lover of my HP Performance Turbo, I just hate their [lack] of customer service and turn-around time. I paid out the wazoo for it but it is a very high quality kit.
I have a friend who sometimes gets on here, so maybe will chime in, and was probably HP's first online forum based customer. The quality of his kit was horrible, fitment issues and welding not great(that is the company that blamed holes in the welds on Jet Hot coaters). I don't recall customer service being horrible or great, I do know after a lot of hassle they took the kit back and refunded him. I often think of that example and some others with HP as showing that sometimes you pay a lot and still get the shaft.

--Admiral Aaron

post #13 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
Quote:
I am a true believer in getting what you paid for. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anybody would put a cheap sub-$3000 turbo kit on an expensive, nice 2011 5.0? I can understand doing that to Fox's, SN95's and even New Edges.

I'd rather wait another year for the popular quality Turbo companies to get everything figured out and tested then quickly drop < $3000 on chinese parts on a $30,000+ mustang under warranty...

Yea that makes no sense at all

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #14 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Turbo Wizard

I just got the comment early about the "under warranty" on the 2011. Personally if I had a 2011 GT still under warranty and wanted zero possible issues if ever using that warranty then no turbo kit would ever exist that I'd put on the car. I'd just get the overpriced Ford SC and have the dealer put it on so that the warranty has(should not at least) no issues.

--Admiral Aaron

post #15 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
post #16 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
Look at the bright side, at least this is not about rear gearing.

--Admiral Aaron

post #17 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If you are going to quote me then quote all of what I said because the rest of what I said indirectly supported the essay long post of yours:
My bad. I only quoted what I thought was pertinent to what I was writing an essay about. There was no ulterior motive to cutting the rest out. So don't take that personally. I wasn't trying any slide of hand.

Quote:
I locked that thread because the person who started it complained and one thing I do try to do on ANY thread is if the OP complains I will respond on it.
I know why you locked it. There was no question why, even before I posted that it was going to get locked. The truth hurts like a mother. Facts and numbers are hard to dispute. Especially when like him, you have to no data to retort. I made the statement because instead of locking it you always add some snide comment to get the last word and a shot at me. You might have to lock his other thread, too. I asked a question in there and a nutswinger got butt sore again.

Quote:
My opinion still stands and I have said it more than once too both publicly and privately to you. I don't think people are listening to you as much as they should simply because of how you have come off via so many thread involvements on the subject.
I don't recall privately but that's OK. I put it out there. If someone ignores it and gets a junk kit, then it is 100% on them. Explaining it is like advertising. You don't see a commercial just once right ? There are always new people. There are some that listen. I thoroughly enjoy smashing the people who think they know what they are talking abut. Like I said, having a good Ole time. Apparently Chad was not. He said he was. But IDK how if he turned around and complained. That truth cut him deep and rather than trying to come back and call me a liar or show prove or data he whined to you.

Hell I was really hoping to to make some money at the same time. Almost snookered a bunch of people on yellow bullet who called me a liar and said it was impossible to make 1000hp on pump gas with a modular. If the sheeple don't want to listen I don't care. But every once in a while they need to be headed in a slaughtered. Not much anyone of them can say about it. He KNEW his kit didn't have a problem. And as usual Rob ran his mouth like he knew what was going on. Bet they aren't laughing over there anymore. Although, like the threads with ON3 problems, he will be no where to be found.
post #18 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Turbo Wizard

When I said essay I was referring to your last post in the locked thread and not to in here. My comment about cutting off the quote was because "my last word" was my not so direct way of supporting the points you made in your essay post. It was not meant as a jab.

You know my moderation style, I do not think it has changed much over the years but since more times than not I have to react on a thread that involves you then you surely know I usually make a comment then lock. Not to imply I always am involved because of you, a number of times it is some unedjucated owner of a product causing an issue too.

Maybe I am wrong about the PM conversation. Too much of a hassle for me to try and look via my phone right now.

I deleted some of the reported post emails because did not want to jump in between you and On3. So that other thread might very well already had a complaint. I volunteer for this crap and only have so much energy to deal with the same back and forth stuff.

--Admiral Aaron

post #19 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM

wow

post #20 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
When I said essay I was referring to your last post in the locked thread and not to in here.
I know lol. That was a jab at myself about the essay that was going to ensue after your quote, and my sentence.

Quote:
over the years but since more times than not I have to react on a thread that involves you then you surely know I usually make a comment then lock.
Whaaaaaaa? I is a good boy.

Quote:
I volunteer for this crap and only have so much energy to deal with the same back and forth stuff.
But it's fun. What the hell else and I going to do on lunch or when on hold waiting to yell at someone ?

Is everyone here having a good ole time ? (Other than Chad and Rob)
post #21 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Turbo Wizard

I realize for you it is having fun. Surely anyone who remembers my old forum antics, the very ones that earned the insult Turbo Wizard, knows I am guilty of doing it "back in the day".

--Admiral Aaron

post #22 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:26 PM

im all for fun but bashing someones company is just rude. if people buy a kit without doing any research its on them. i did tons of research about on3 talked with the chad at mustang week hes a good guy awesome service for me. my kit has no problems,...just saying. i dont mean to start another on3 this or that thread

post #23 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Lol, we are going to have to come up with something. Another one called me "a know it all god." I think that's the 3rd time. Hell, there are lots of people who know more than me. I'll be the first to tell you you. But god to the damn. There is a lot of turbocharging 101 missing around here. Point it out and people call you a liar and a hater lol.
post #24 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Turbo Wizard

I don't think pointing out design flaws and explaining why you think/know they are flaws is actually bashing. But I can see how some see it as bashing. Personally I'd love to see more of what was in the other thread around here. It seemed to be showing some issues with a couple of kits from different companies. I'd like to think the people actually would like such information to help them decide what they want to do. Of course the other side of it all is people will always "know" things that conflict with each other.

--Admiral Aaron

post #25 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 PM

thanks snipes lol thats what i ment to say

post #26 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, KNOWING will always differ. But some things aren't really up for debate. Not like we were discussing at what back pressure or rpm they are going to float at.
I am just so sick of being lumped in with some of these people when "turbo kit" comes up. "Eh, turbo kits don't fit that great, lots of tubing scraping the ground, just get a blower." I don't really care who it is. And you notice it is never to my benefit. I don't say the problems and link to my kits. I've never had anything that I could link to. I was in a totally different market. Now a can of whoop ass has been opened. Can't wait to see what happens. The most irritating part is the manufacturers and vendors who sell the parts knowing it has problems just to make money, without having the customer in their best interest. Then all the happy customers chime in because they opened their box and the parts look like good quality. Then the same guy wondering 2 months later what size restricto he needs because his brand new turbo is leaking. Or if there are any "tricks" to tightening v-bands so they don't leak. It makes the whole industry look bad. It's not fair to the ones who are completely the opposite.
post #27 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Turbo Wizard

Yeah but I see that crap with all sorts of companies and in all sorts of industries. I am not sure what is worse when they know an issue exists and ignore it or they don't know things well enough to recognize an issue.

--Admiral Aaron

post #28 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
Who's worryin', kits are flyin out the door!

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
post #29 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah but I see that crap with all sorts of companies and in all sorts of industries. I am not sure what is worse when they know an issue exists and ignore it or they don't know things well enough to recognize an issue.
Indubitably. But if you had a few hundred thousand invested along with a few years of your life you might be a bit more passionate about it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
Who's worryin', kits are flyin out the door!

You make me smile
LOL. Spot on Chris, spot on.
post #30 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secgoal View Post
Indubitably. But if you had a few hundred thousand invested along with a few years of your life you might be a bit more passionate about it as well.

You make me smile
LOL. Spot on Chris, spot on.
I run into this same crap in my field(personal business) and ton more here lately that 10+ years ago when I started on my own. You might be surprised just how passionate I am on the issues but a lot I have to keep in too for "political" reasons. I also used to be very passionate about the turbo kit world and pointing crap out. Heck when the lawyer called me on the phone to hush me up over things I said here, I still stayed passionate. I think te whimsy people combined with receiving summons to court over something that hapless on a different forum made me just decide screw it, let people learn from their mistakes.

--Admiral Aaron

post #31 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Ah, so you understand then. Hmm, me ASSuming you didn't know lol.
Quote:
I think te whimsy people combined with receiving summons to court over something that hapless on a different forum made me just decide screw it, let people learn from their mistakes.
Yeah, I try to feel that way. But in the back of my head, not an obligation, but #### I feel bad when people who are willing to spend the money, buy the wrong things. Especially when it's because of a bunch of internet heroes. I'm not even talking about just here. I get PM's and Emails about people complaining about kits and the problems. Then they want a discount on mine because they bought junk. F that. Then they turn around and go back on the internet and praise the SAME thing they were bitching to me about. It's unreal. If they are too stubborn or cheap and buy something with known problems, then ta hell with em. I'm with you there.

Last edited by 10secgoal; 10-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
post #32 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secgoal View Post
There is a lot of turbocharging 101 missing around here. Point it out and people call you a liar and a hater lol.
Exactly. I've noticed this in some other recent threads in the Turbocharging Subforum.

89 LX 302/T5 Ported GT40P 10.5cr

74 F100 EFI 302/C6 - LT dual 3" X-pipe/Mac Mufflers
01 ZX12R 1375cc + 60 Shot
post #33 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Oh, you must be a hater, too. We should start a club.
post #34 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Turbo Wizard

God damn iPhone, whiney people not whimsey people or whatever it put.

--Admiral Aaron

post #35 of 46 Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

^^ I figured as much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement