looking to buy turbo balancing macine - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
looking to buy turbo balancing macine

hi.
i know it might not be the exact place to look for, but i`m new to turbos, and i bet some of you guys have tons of knowledge.
i own a small transmission shop in ISRAEL (and also a 70 conv` mustang with 408 and 4r70), and i`m thinking of starting to remanufacture turbos.
lots of european cars are starting to go small-engine-small-turbo. and manufacturers moving to all kinds of DSG transmissions, so changing the lane seems like a good way.
so i`d like to read if anyone here does this (balancing), and with which machine he is working?

thanks a lot
sefi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM

You could try some of the turbo companies for the specifics. There are two ways that I know of. there is individual balancing component by component and there is balancing as a unit. balancing as a unit lets you "get by" with imperfections. You can still balance a unit with a bent shaft. Some companies do it part by part and you can switch stuff out without having to re-balance. I'd find out on the turbos that are going to be your biggest repair, which they use. You may not need one for many of them. You can just re-seal it and re-assemble without balancing. I'm not much help but hopefully gives you something else to look at/for.

post #3 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

we have a small shop, but we were the first here to give one year full warranty for our transmissions.
we can`t offer turbos with one year warranty without the ability to balance them. i thing getting a machine is a must.
and i prefer buying it in the USA instead of dealing with Europeans, or getting Chinese craps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement