forever build - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
forever build

My turbo build is taking forever, not a kit, MY build. People waiting on parts or upgrading other things while its down.
Is this common for everyone? being a part of the "jackstands race team"? LOL
Starting to seem like a downward spiral since my car isnt running and I just keep bying more parts.
My idea was a simple DIY turbo kit and a megasquirt. Figured Id make a few suspension changes while it was down. Now Im thinking its a good time to weld a rollcage in. The power steering hoses need moving or changed to steel braided, might as well put a manual rack in. The longer it sits, the more I want to do.

12.7s motor, 11.7s spray, turbo 400/460. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (25)
I am exactly the same way. I popped both head gaskets in mid last year. What could have been a simple head gasket fix, has turned into swapping twins for a big single, intake swap, loose a/c, roll cage, new gauges, and some body work because Im removing the GT side skirts and stuff. So yeah I know what you mean. I am ____ this close to having mine running again. So hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be back on the road. The roll cage and paint stuff is going to wait. I have a few more bars I need to get for the cage and I am ready to enjoy the car, even if its ugly and not painted yet.

They say what goes up must come down but I ain't reached my cruising altitude.
Take a look at what I did but can you imagine what I'm about to do.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Hell, i been working on mine since janruary. I've been saying "its gonna be done in a few weeks" for for about 3 months now......

But i really should have it done in a few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 01:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
I put my car down nearly two years ago with plans on just upgrading the turbo and doing a blow thru MAF conversion. Well that turned into selling the whole turbo kit and going with a complete custom kit, completely new engine, return style fuel system, suspension upgrades, body work, and I'm only halfway through it. Possibly may end up doing a standalone ecu as well. So what I thought was going to take two months turned into two years. I don't really have any complaints though because I know when I get it back together it's going to be a beast and done right. Plus it's sitting nicely in the garage at the same general condition as when I first parked it. What does get on my nerves though is how many people hassle me about getting it done.

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #5 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
Story of my life

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
post #6 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by longstroke View Post
Hell, i been working on mine since janruary. I've been saying "its gonna be done in a few weeks" for for about 3 months now......

But i really should have it done in a few weeks.
ok shure lol

so that mean a update in a few weeks then lol

1999 auto turbo buld! Precision PT7675 CEA
MMR 4.75 se stroker bullet oil pump 9:1 compression notched pistions MMR stage 3 turbo cams, livernois stage 3 heads ARP everything cricle D triple disk 3800 stall 6pt cage full adj suspension just a street car
xbox: mcraven420
Lookin for 9's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Yuuuup. Welcome to the club. We got us Chrome jackstands around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement