MASS AIR - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
MASS AIR

I need some help i have a 86gt with a on3 kit. The car has a pro -m mass air on it ,i sent it too them to have it recalibrated for the kit and i was told it must be calibrated for a blow through set-up? Don't know if this was right because i am now getting 12 volts across the entire mass air.Took the car to the dyno 2weeks ago and went lean right away my tuner said the mass air is bad. Please help me if you can thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Well it sounds like you had it running on the car before the turbo. Did you do the conversion yourself? Were is the meter located on the piping in relation to the turbo? Im sure you told them everything like the injectors and all. Never really heard of pro-m messing up, maybe something is weird? Do you have any pictures?

88lx Conv. 200K mile stock longblock. Trickflow intake, 42lb inj, Pmas protube,TKO500, 3:27, pypes muffs, Pa Racing tubluar K-member, DIY single turbo setup. Summit aluminum rad, Crane Hi-fire ign, subfames, 17" sc saleen's, Saleen ground effects, SCT tune by Dynosport. 380HP 435ftbs.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
Could you give a little more info, what where you and tuner using to measure voltage? a meter usually peg's right under 5V if that is occurring. 12 V should not come in the equation. What is the meter calibrated for injector size? and injectors being used. Where is the meter located in piping, was this a weld on flange/sensor setup.

Thanks, Chris

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swing View Post
Well it sounds like you had it running on the car before the turbo. Did you do the conversion yourself? Were is the meter located on the piping in relation to the turbo? Im sure you told them everything like the injectors and all. Never really heard of pro-m messing up, maybe something is weird? Do you have any pictures?
Yes it was running when it was supercharged,car was converted when i bought it and my tuner check the whole wiring harness and it is perfect.The is located on the piping right of the throttle body in side the fender well before the intercooler.Car has 42lbs and yes i told them eveything just waiting to get the pipe and meter back from them now.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAdder Solutions View Post
Could you give a little more info, what where you and tuner using to measure voltage? a meter usually peg's right under 5V if that is occurring. 12 V should not come in the equation. What is the meter calibrated for injector size? and injectors being used. Where is the meter located in piping, was this a weld on flange/sensor setup.

Thanks, Chris
I used a volt meter to check the voltage. Injector size is 42lbs and are ford motor sports. Meter is between throttle body and the inter cooler. I had a flange welded on and put my pro m meter in it. Pro M told me I didn't need it calibrated at all, I was fine with what I had. They said it didn't need to be re-calibrated for a blow-thru. As long as I didn't change the injector size or the processor, I was fine with what I had. Yet they re-calibrated it anyway.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart306 View Post
I used a volt meter to check the voltage. Injector size is 42lbs and are ford motor sports. Meter is between throttle body and the inter cooler. I had a flange welded on and put my pro m meter in it. Pro M told me I didn't need it calibrated at all, I was fine with what I had. They said it didn't need to be re-calibrated for a blow-thru. As long as I didn't change the injector size or the processor, I was fine with what I had. Yet they re-calibrated it anyway.
This is actually true for the most part but calibration in meter can be variable, bare in mind that when a meter and or sensor (coming form a draw through config.) will be different is blow through setup and location of sensor..this will make a difference, as this now will be handled in the calibration (tune) for correction. Likely the sensor was tested on a flow bench/and or re calibrated since 12V what shown at one time, just making sure it was not a faulty sensor. Once the car is calibrated correctly you should have no problems, Good Luck.

Thanks, Chris.

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

Last edited by PowerAdder Solutions; 09-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I see now. I miss understood you first post. They still have it and are recalibrating it to blow through now. I read it as you already had it calibrated as blow through and you were getting 12v, asking if they were correct or not. Then I guess the correct answer would be yes, it needs to be and should make all the difference.

88lx Conv. 200K mile stock longblock. Trickflow intake, 42lb inj, Pmas protube,TKO500, 3:27, pypes muffs, Pa Racing tubluar K-member, DIY single turbo setup. Summit aluminum rad, Crane Hi-fire ign, subfames, 17" sc saleen's, Saleen ground effects, SCT tune by Dynosport. 380HP 435ftbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement