alternator fitment issues with On3 Turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
alternator fitment issues with On3 Turbo

HI guys,

First off I want to say I brought this kit used and it was for a foxbody, that I'm trying to fit on my 95 GT so I was expecting issues. With that said I'm having issues getting my alternator to fit without having the Turbo. I've attached some pics.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could try. Perhaps an aftermarket alternator bracket that is designed for a sn95? I tried to use the alt bracket that came with the kit and it will fit but my alternator is hitting the cylinder head because it sits to low.

Last edited by Larringt; 09-12-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
well first u should have a diffrent alt bracket stock one will never work a cheap one is threw summit if u dont have it takes out the tensioner and smog pump bracket

post #3 of 6 Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (55)
My On3 kits all came with alternator brackets similar to the March kit available at Summit racing for about 60 bucks. I don't think its going to fit with the stock bracket.

92 Hatch On3 Turbo, T56
92 Vert 349 Lunati Stroker T5
87 Gt Eddy HCI T5
87 Notch in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

I have the alternator bracket that came with the kit, but it puts the alternator against the head and valve cover. I'll try it again tomorrow, and take more pics if I still have problem.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 01:31 AM

Trader Feedback: (14)
the biggest mistake you made is trying to fit a fox kit on a 95...there is a reason the headers are built different...you might have to totally swap fox on everything..

look how much space you SHOULD have with a stock bracket and 95 kit..

click on the picture

post #6 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Well I know there would be some issues, I even called On3 and he told me it would work I would just have to deal with some fitment issues. Since I'm already committed to it, I'm looking for suggestions on how to get through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinopsu View Post
the biggest mistake you made is trying to fit a fox kit on a 95...there is a reason the headers are built different...you might have to totally swap fox on everything..

look how much space you SHOULD have with a stock bracket and 95 kit..

click on the picture

Sponsored Links
Advertisement