Ordered kit... Tuning ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Ordered kit... Tuning ?

Hey guys, first of all i ordered my on3 kit, so wish me luck.... and also i have 55# injectors with a pro m maf calibrated to 55's with a bbk FPR, stock rails with a 255lb walbro and t rex inline..... I was wondering, A) what you guys would think about tuning it myself temp. with fuel pressure and timing, and yes i have a wideband. This would be a very temporary thing like maybe a month so i can get the bugs worked and out hit the last few car shows of the season? B) What would you guys recomend tuning with? sct chip or quarterhorse?

I know there are alot of turbo small block guys running some impressive times with manual tuning, so i know it can be done, but im worried about my 55lb injectors causing an issue... thanks for all the help in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (55)
Did you try the search button? There is a pretty long thread about this subject with a lot of info that might help you.

92 Hatch On3 Turbo, T56
92 Vert 349 Lunati Stroker T5
87 Gt Eddy HCI T5
87 Notch in progress
post #3 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

yes i did see that thread. and almost all those guys are running 42lb'ers and i will be running 55lb'ers and i was wondering if that would cause any problems tuning it with fuel pressure and timing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 11:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (55)
You won't know until you try it. Some cars won't even idle with the bigger injectors and some have no problem at all. Sometimes clocking the MAF in different positions will make a difference. Good luck with the build.

92 Hatch On3 Turbo, T56
92 Vert 349 Lunati Stroker T5
87 Gt Eddy HCI T5
87 Notch in progress
post #5 of 11 Old 09-08-2011, 11:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I bought the Qh from Power adder solutions and Chris was superb to deal with. He supplied me with a base tune and I ended up paying him to finish the tune because he was so easy to work with. Been running mine at 15psi on a stock motor for several months now without an issue.

My car would run with the stock computer and calibrated MAF bot it was night and day compared to even the base tune and QH I received from Chris.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM

Trader Feedback: (22)
Another On3 thread lol. Theres always two threads...one when they order the kit and one when they start having issues

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #7 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmyth View Post
You won't know until you try it. Some cars won't even idle with the bigger injectors and some have no problem at all. Sometimes clocking the MAF in different positions will make a difference. Good luck with the build.
thanks i appreciate that, and i will try clocking the maf aswell
post #8 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1KILR View Post
Another On3 thread lol. Theres always two threads...one when they order the kit and one when they start having issues
yeah lol im am fully aware of the problems on this kit, more or less its gonna be a base that i will build off of, and expect problems thats what happens when you can get one for half the cost of most kits out there.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoates View Post
I bought the Qh from Power adder solutions and Chris was superb to deal with. He supplied me with a base tune and I ended up paying him to finish the tune because he was so easy to work with. Been running mine at 15psi on a stock motor for several months now without an issue.

My car would run with the stock computer and calibrated MAF bot it was night and day compared to even the base tune and QH I received from Chris.
great thats what i was wanting to hear i was planning on going with quarterhose but i was always open to the idea of bobcat tuning it with sct or whatever he uses... (hes a local tuner around here with a very good rep for turbo stangs)
post #10 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoates View Post

the end....Chris is a good dude and he will take care of you.

Car/92 5.0/ Engine stock block/ and bolt-ons.. [email protected] (sold)

97 Cobra All stock for now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-09-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=2Guard;10661878]the end....Chris is a good dude and he will take care of you.[/QU
Thats what i have been hearing, i actually am ordering my wideband from him probly on mon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement