Thinking about Switching to Turbo, Expectations, Which Kit? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-30-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Thinking about Switching to Turbo, Expectations, Which Kit?

So I have a 2V car with an MMR 800 shortblock. Stock heads, Fox Lake P51, and will likely get some custom ground turbo cams.

Currently the car has a Novi 2000 on it, 17PSI, making around 540 rwhp and 530 rwtq. I have done some looking and it seems turbo is the way to go to make big power on these engines. My goal is to make around the 650-700 hp mark and the around the same tq. Talked to the guy's at Hellion and they say their single turbo (76mm) kit will make that power with my setup running around 20 -22 PSI. So questions to everyone are:

Is it worth the money and time to switch to turbo and are those desired HP numbers realistic?

To everyone who has a turbo 2v, which kits do you have? How do you like it? Which one do you prefer? Hellion, On3, B&G?

Thanks Guys....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
i had a hellion kit but sold it. Its a nice kit for a street driven car. Actually so nice that I decided to just sell it rather than hacking it up to get more power out of it. Going with a custom kit now. Real turbo headers, 4" downpipe, and 3.5 inch cold pipe is what you want when your looking for 700+. The parts are all top notch though. If you get an on3 kit just make sure its the forward facing gen2 style

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2011, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Thanks Man. Appreciate the input. Thanks for replying. I'm also thinking of doing a custom kit myself. Just gotta look and see what the funds look like and compare the two. I am just kinda leery of the On3 kit. Just seems to cheap to be that reliable. But again, its just piping. The turbo and WG are probably the big concerns. I'm not sure if you can but a 76mm turbo on the On3 Gen 2 kits. I'll have to call and ask them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement