On3 has done it again...... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
On3 has done it again......

So after a week of trying to get a new mass meter from on3, it looks like it maybe another week.

The 1st one they sent me with there kit is giving me a low voltage problem, which gave my tunner a problem trying to tune my car. I KNOW, I KNOW my tunner should of not even have tried to tune it but he did, and now the car dies at idle makes no power above 5k rpm and runs like ####.

On3 tells me that they cant get in contact with pmas to try to get this fixed but they can contact them to buy and order there meters, does that seem strange to anyone else or is it just me?

I understand that the meter they sale is not theres (On3) and its pmas's but i bought the whole kit from On3 who sales there stuff. All i want is a new meter so i can get my car up and running is that to much to ask for??

Car/92 5.0/ Engine stock block/ and bolt-ons.. [email protected] (sold)

97 Cobra All stock for now...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (14)
to start off PMAS meters have been a fail for me.. not to mention that you can't get a hold of them.. called numerous times, emailed, even faxed and no answer... that is a definite no go for me.. People say the BA2400's are iffy.. PMAS have been a headache, at least my experience with them..

I recommend going to the slot style meter.. on3 should send you a new one at the very least.. even though they don't make them, they include them in their kit and in doing so are putting their rep behind it... kind like guilty by association...

good luck and keep us posted.. I'm sure on3 will take care of you..

post #3 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

I sure hope so...

I have heard nothing but good things from this company, well on this site anyway and after the 1st set of problems i had with them i would think they would have come through for me quick, fast and in a hurry. So i will see what next week brings to me.

The slot style is what another vendor (power adder solutions) said is the way to go also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Garage
Chris @ PAS wrote my base tune and it's working great with my 351w On3 70mm kit with the Pmas and 60lb'ers.

Forged 383CI - Turbonetics 78mm 3.5" DP - Stage III TFS - E-303 1.7RR - T56 - Mcleod RST Twin
post #5 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (22)
on3 probably just keeps a bunch of meters in stock that they order from pmas whenever they need more. pmas is not a huge company. they are going to be hard to get ahold of. thats why i use nothing but sct meters on my builds. call sct and somebody will actually pick up the phone once in awhile....i dont think you should be mad at on3 unless they had lied or done something they shouldnt. if the pmas meter is junk then they shouldnt be selling it but they arent the ones who made it so they cant give you any warranty on it. the warranty is going to come from the manufacturer

03 Mustang GT
Turbo 2v
post #6 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1KILR View Post
on3 probably just keeps a bunch of meters in stock that they order from pmas whenever they need more. pmas is not a huge company. they are going to be hard to get ahold of. thats why i use nothing but sct meters on my builds. call sct and somebody will actually pick up the phone once in awhile....i dont think you should be mad at on3 unless they had lied or done something they shouldnt. if the pmas meter is junk then they shouldnt be selling it but they arent the ones who made it so they cant give you any warranty on it. the warranty is going to come from the manufacturer

I don't know about you.. but when I buy something at a store, I take it back to the store not the manufacturer.. Although it does depend on the time frame.. say within a week.. its going to the store.. a year later, if it has warranty, the maker.. Also unless you bought it at Costco.. they took back some ceiling fans that were 5 years old!!! wtf
post #7 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

I am fully aware that on3 doesn't make the meter and that's cool but a week goes by and on3 can't get hold of pmas. So I the paying customer has to go with out. I don't make the meter or the turbo kit. I bought stuff thats suppose to work from 1 company not 2. All I want is the problem fixed instead of the run around.

post #8 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Your title to this thread makes it seem like it's going to be a On3 problem but its actually nothing wrong with any On3 products at all.

93 Teal Cobra- precision 67mm turbo
00 Formula
02 Z06 supercharged(sold)
post #9 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
I agree 2Guard, and I hope ON3 does the right thing and takes care of you!

Good luck

-CE

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
post #10 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (60)
hmm, i have a pro-m meter thats been giving me and my tuner a little trouble. its a 60lber on a 2001 2 valve. the only issue is jumpy maf counts at idle. chris at pas is tuning mine, hes doing a great job with it.

i was thinking i would buy a pmas slot maf or send mine back to on 3 but i think it got taken care in the tune. maybe when i build my motor i will though.

on 3 should take care of you, they will do whatever they can to make it right. i spoke to them about pmas though and they cannot get ahold of pmas even to order more mafs. its like they don't want any buisness?

post #11 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZ View Post
Your title to this thread makes it seem like it's going to be a On3 problem but its actually nothing wrong with any On3 products at all.
just with some of the products they sell. How long ago did you buy this OP?
post #12 of 180 Old 06-29-2011, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZ View Post
When you buy a t.v at best buy and within a few weeks it doesnt work do you call sony or best buy to get a new 1????

The problem falls with what on3 is selling. On3 doesnt make the turbo or wastegate or even the bov they sale but there name is all over it. and yet they will warrenty it if need be.

when on3 tells me to get ahold of pmas myself cause they cant get in touch with them that might be a sign of a problem dont you think??

post #13 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (13)
This really isnt something I can personally fix, you just need to box it up and send it back to pmas. Put attn: Chris on the box and he will see that the meter is fixed or replaced. Its very difficult to reach him by phone, he has a normal daytime job so the only way we normally have contact with him is through emails. He said just ship it to him and he will take care of it
post #14 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Corral Elite Member

sounds like you still lose...send it off to the guy that no one can get a hold of and he'll take care of you when he gets a chance cause he has a day job.... in the mean time, your car can just sit there.. great, I'll be sure to order a PMAS meter when I order my kit!!!!

love the sarcasm..
post #15 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 01:55 PM

He is hard to get ahold of most of the time but I have been in contact with him about this issue and he is going to get it taken care of

2Guard: Just pm'ed you his info that he just emailed me on where to send it
post #16 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 07:37 PM

Why not send it back to on3 and get refunded?

in the meantime, go with someone else for the MAF...
post #17 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinopsu View Post
Why not send it back to on3 and get refunded?

in the meantime, go with someone else for the MAF...

On3 wont give me a refund or send me another one, they do not stand by what they sale in this case.

I was told today to send it back to PMAS and wait and see what they say.

So its on its way back to pmas today via fed-ex and now i have to wait and see what he says. What the turn around time is i have no idea which means i can not drive my car.

Pass the buck the american way.

post #18 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Guard View Post
On3 wont give me a refund or send me another one, they do not stand by what they sale in this case.

I was told today to send it back to PMAS and wait and see what they say.

So its on its way back to pmas today via fed-ex and now i have to wait and see what he says. What the turn around time is i have no idea which means i can not drive my car.

Pass the buck the Chinese way.
Fixed it for ya!!

89 coupe- some parts

best time-11.67
best mph-120.57
best 60 ft-1.63
post #19 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 PM

I really dont understand, we have the maf being taken care of and the warranty process is in effect. I dont understand the issue here, the problem is being fixed. I could understand getting on our case if we did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue but thats not the case. Why blow it out of proportion?
post #20 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Corral Elite Member

Because you don't buy something to go through a headache, spend money on shipping and have your car sit around for X amount of time.. it all about expectation.. Its Expected that you buy something that is new and its going to work, not buy something and actually inconvenience yourself with having your car down and having to run around paying to ship POS parts back to the maker... When i ran my paintball store there were many times that I ate stuff or did the warranty for the customer, not inconvenience them.... Im pretty sure that if you guys would have replaced this MAF and you guys deal with PMAS, the OP would not have air out this laundry... I don't know how long ago this guy bought this maf, but if its between a week or so.. I would have taken it back..

Not ragging on your kits, they work... just don't like the little guy getting the shaft...
post #21 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Why would you want to send the meter back to On3? IMO he is saving you time by having you send it strait back to who can fix it, all on3 can do is send it back to PMAS like you are doing which would just take longer to get back..
post #22 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by On 3 Performance View Post
I really dont understand, we have the maf being taken care of and the warranty process is in effect. I dont understand the issue here, the problem is being fixed. I could understand getting on our case if we did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue but thats not the case. Why blow it out of proportion?
Most places would have the customer return the faulty unit to them, send them another new one from stock and deal with the warranty matter themselves. It saves the customer time and the hassle of trying to get it done themselves. Its called customer service, and with good customer service, a new company will grow. Without it, they almost always fail.
post #23 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Jersey True Street Guy

Trader Feedback: (84)
The issue is childish customer service...this guy's fault, that guy's fault, putting overhead on a buyer to solve problems that don't really belong to him.

Just my $.02 but when you re-sell or OEM somebody elses product, it is your problem to support, not the customers problem to figure out.

Just so happens I have a couple of positive examples of customer service from the past two weeks:

AJE: Accidentally confused motor mounts on a k-member kit because I orderded a powerglide cross member, they send SBC mounts instead of SBF. No question, no debate, immedietly shipped replcements, included a return label to pick up shipping on the return. Could they have taken the position I wasn't clear, sure....they didn't bother, they fixed the problem.

Baer: Couple of minor mistakes on a large brake project on my car. Overnighted replacement parts at their cost and spent time after hours on the phone with us trying to figure out exactly what happened. Another gray area item because there was confusion on the housing ends on my rear causing brake bracket issues. No debate, no finger pointing, they fixed the problem immedietly.

These are both established, professional vendors that understand customer service and don't bother debating semantics.

The mere fact that explanation is required brilliantly highlights the problem.

1989 Saleen 89-425 all original + Baer 6P Brakes
1990 Saleen 90-137 heavily modded
1989 Shadow Blue Metallic Hatchback LX
[email protected] -- 94mm T4 True Street Trim
Thanks: Baer, Haltech, UPR, National Parts Depot, Meziere, Weldon, BBRC
post #24 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblocknotch View Post
Most places would have the customer return the faulty unit to them, send them another new one from stock and deal with the warranty matter themselves. It saves the customer time and the hassle of trying to get it done themselves. Its called customer service, and with good customer service, a new company will grow. Without it, they almost always fail.
x a billi

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
post #25 of 180 Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chances50 View Post
Why would you want to send the meter back to On3? IMO he is saving you time by having you send it strait back to who can fix it, all on3 can do is send it back to PMAS like you are doing which would just take longer to get back..
Because that's where I bought it. On3 just should of
sent me another 1 a month ago when I brought this to there attention and not tell me to call pmas who they can't even get a hold of to have them fix it. Or replace it.

post #26 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by On 3 Performance View Post

It took a month to get a place to send it to from you guys (thats down time).

why would you not just send me 1 that you guys already have and you take care of the broken, not working parts on your end??? now this is another company i have to deal with and hope i get my stuff back in a timely fashion.

post #27 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj50 View Post
AJE: Accidentally confused motor mounts on a k-member kit because I orderded a powerglide cross member, they send SBC mounts instead of SBF. No question, no debate, immedietly shipped replcements, included a return label to pick up shipping on the return. Could they have taken the position I wasn't clear, sure....they didn't bother, they fixed the problem.
This is why they are one of the few companies I still deal with. "Do not make your problem, my problem" applies here.
post #28 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Guard View Post
It took a month to get a place to send it to from you guys (thats down time).

why would you not just send me 1 that you guys already have and you take care of the broken, not working parts on your end??? now this is another company i have to deal with and hope i get my stuff back in a timely fashion.
Holy smokes!!! You've been trying to get them to replace this MAF for a MONTH??? whats up with that!!! lol..Reminds me of SNL.. WHATS UP WITH THAT!!!..lol..seriously what up...
post #29 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj50 View Post

Just my $.02 but when you re-sell or OEM somebody elses product, it is your problem to support, not the customers problem to figure out.
I feel the exact same way...Thats what I used to do.. and if you get to many returns..Well guess what, time to find another supplier cause the one you have know is making YOU look bad..
post #30 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 AM

A week after they were notified, if they could not get ahold of pmas. They should have sent him a new working one so he could get the car going. Then he can do his thing and and get the car moving, then either send it to pmas or on3. If on3 didn't have one they should have gone out and bought one. Done. On3 would have spotted a few hundred and got it replaced. I'll tell you what some people don't mind the wait time for whatever reason, but I would be freaking out because I just put up a few grand and want to drive that bitch ASAP!! It's like torture. This is our hobby that we get excited about and it cost some serious money to some (not my broke ass)

Last edited by Swagger31; 07-01-2011 at 03:23 AM.
post #31 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 AM
CSG

Trader Feedback: (18)
The fact that on3 seems to not even understand what they "should" have done in this situation tells me all I need to know about them.
post #32 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Corral Elite Member

see what I mean about laundry flapping in the wind....... the turbo kit works.. just the meter and the way this situation was handled blows..
post #33 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 AM

I have had good luck with both PMAS and Pro-M and bad luck...If any brand meter is in good working order and car tuned proper there should be no issue...Guess who used to make meter's for SCT for along time...This should not be a hard guess P =)

1995 GT ON3 Turbo Build~
post #34 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 PM

2Guard:

I'm sorry you're going through this situation. I do hope you get your car rolling soon.

In some instances when you purchase products from a store, there are stipulations where if you have a problem with that item (i.e. missing/broken parts) you need to return it to the manufacture, not the store. I used to think that was crazy, but that's how it is.

Whoever manufactured the parts should eat the cost of the shipping, due to the inconvenience it has caused you.

Now if you just recently bought your kit and installed it, and it was found to be a faulty MAF says the tuner ( no damage cause by you ) On3 could have done one of two things. Have you send back the MAF for them to inspect. If the MAF is good you are s.o.l. ( and your tuner is incompetent ) you eat the cost of the shipping both ways.

Or two.....have you send it to the manufacture ( which is what they're telling you ). If it is deemed a bad part then you get a new MAF and reimbursed on shipping by the manufacture. If it's not the MAF then well you know the rest.

Bigger companies can afford to give refunds or exchange parts hassle free, but they can and do write it off as a lost or pass the buck to the next customer, which sucks!!!! ( small companies do too )

Anyway, keep fighting for what you believe in, and get your car back on the road asap.

Later

KMS West member, SoCal Chapter
Tuned by Bob Kurgan April 20,2012 at GTR

410w, AFR 225's, solid roller, 91mm, Bigstuff3, 120's, E85, TeamZ...
post #35 of 180 Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

the car was tuned on 5-4 and i called on3 5-5 to try and figure this out and get some info.

the kit works and yes makes great power for the money. its really hard to beat. but why on3 just couldnt send me 1 and they take care of the rest i dont know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement