Advice on cutting bumper for intercooler? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-15-2011, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (27)
Advice on cutting bumper for intercooler?

On3 kit on my lx, def needs some cutting around the intercooler piping on the sides, any advice on the cleanest way to do this? ie what to cut with, tempted to go buy a dremel or harbor freight version of one, any other advice would be great

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I used a Dewalt 4" grinder and an air pencil grinder. I used painters tape to mark out the cuts. Take your time, it will show in the end product. lots of test fitting

post #3 of 7 Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (55)
Dont pull the nose/bumper off the car like the instructions say. Pull your radiator and ac condenser. Test fit your ic by putting it into the nose through the engine compartment/radiator support hole. This makes it much easier to get it positioned. If you take the bumper off and then mount the ic you'll do 5 times as much work and your front bumper will end up butchered like the one on my first turbo car.

92 Hatch On3 Turbo, T56
92 Vert 349 Lunati Stroker T5
87 Gt Eddy HCI T5
87 Notch in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmyth View Post
Dont pull the nose/bumper off the car like the instructions say. Pull your radiator and ac condenser. Test fit your ic by putting it into the nose through the engine compartment/radiator support hole. This makes it much easier to get it positioned. If you take the bumper off and then mount the ic you'll do 5 times as much work and your front bumper will end up butchered like the one on my first turbo car.
cars already together and running loolol intercooler just fits like crap right now its crooked and bothering the crap outa me, need to do some cutting but dunno what to get some clean cuts with
post #5 of 7 Old 06-15-2011, 11:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (55)
I used so many different tools the first time I don't remember which worked! I am getting ready to install a On3 kit on a new notch project and will be installing it with the nose on this time. Helped a friend do his and it was much easier and fit better. He used a small air powered cut off tool and die grinder to trim a couple of small areas. The first car I installed the On3 kit on had a procharger 3 row race intercooler on it previously so it was already a little cut up. The new notch is much too nice to hack away at.

Good luck. Hope to see you at Firebird or Speedworld when you get it running.

92 Hatch On3 Turbo, T56
92 Vert 349 Lunati Stroker T5
87 Gt Eddy HCI T5
87 Notch in progress
post #6 of 7 Old 06-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmyth View Post
I used so many different tools the first time I don't remember which worked! I am getting ready to install a On3 kit on a new notch project and will be installing it with the nose on this time. Helped a friend do his and it was much easier and fit better. He used a small air powered cut off tool and die grinder to trim a couple of small areas. The first car I installed the On3 kit on had a procharger 3 row race intercooler on it previously so it was already a little cut up. The new notch is much too nice to hack away at.

Good luck. Hope to see you at Firebird or Speedworld when you get it running.

Leaving the nose on is the only way to do it. Thats all I did when I installed my kit. I didnt have to cut anything!

90 Turbo GT
post #7 of 7 Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

You have a gt.... and ill be at speedworld splitting the block soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement