Ford Mustang Forums banner

on3 performance

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  mw95gt 
#1 ·
i plan on installing the on 3 performance turbo kit on my 1988 fox. im getting the power master 70 trim turbo upgrade. i was woundering before i buy what some of you guys think of the kit. im going with this kit because its in my price rang and looks to be decent qauity. how much power do you guys think i will make and how fast you think i will beable to run the 1320? my mods are. 306 with dss racing flat top pistons, trick flow intake, im getting 60 lb injectors, 255 walabro fuel pump, trick flow cam stage 2, aod w/ 3500 tci stall, and 373 gears.

#4 ·
I been using over 2 year, highly recommended!! Look at my sig

#5 ·
I have the on3 kit and love it....I was running 7-8psi on the street and wanted to try the other springs it the waste gate...Holy crap my car was nuts at 14psi on the street. I had to back it down to 10-12psi in fear of splitting my stock short block (for now). Mind you im running 275x50x15 mickey drag radials. I love it.. Never had it dyno'd but it's making some steam..Still working on my tune a bit.

#6 ·
im getting the power master 70 trim turbo upgrade. QUOTE]

why the upgrade?
if your running stock block which will only hold 500ish hp and base turbo is good to 600 id save 300$ for supporting mods. ive talked myself out of the upgrade also, maybe someone will convince me otherwise

#7 ·
im getting the power master 70 trim turbo upgrade. QUOTE]

why the upgrade?
if your running stock block which will only hold 500ish hp and base turbo is good to 600 id save 300$ for supporting mods. ive talked myself out of the upgrade also, maybe someone will convince me otherwise
iv heard the stock turbo is junk. maby im wrong.

#9 · (Edited)
I had the On3 kit with the base turbo on my 90gt for a year with no problems. I also have the On3 kit with the upgraded Master Power turbo on my 92 and can tell no difference between the base Chinese turbo and the Master Power. Perhaps the Master Power will last longer. Only time will tell.

#13 ·
I got the standard turbo with the kit....So far it performs great. I think the key to longevity is making sure its getting good oil flow to it (clocked correctly) and your drain is correct. I guess only time will tell. I figured Id save my money and if the bearings go bad I will just buy a Master power outright for about 750.00...Oh I forgot to mention I bumped it up to 14psi and woah!!! On the street it was nuts even with sticky drag radials.

#14 ·
Master Power turbo is now discontinue, you can get any turbo from on3 . Now they carry on3 BB 67mm turbo and 75MM BB turbo as an upgrade.

#17 ·
I have the stock big blue one in it. Only the blue...no other springs inside it.

#19 ·
That is correct.......Big blue one, others go inside for more boost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.