Car breaking up - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Car breaking up

Need opinions/help on trying to resolve a missing (breaking up)problem at about 3500 to WOT. Car has a turbo setup with all the matching equipment, plugs are gapped to .028 they are autolite 103's. I have gt40p heads, f cam, exploder intake both heads and intake ported heads have good springs. I have a new cap and rotor, wires and cranecams ignition box and coil. I have been datalogging and when it breaks up the timing is logging 18degrees and my AFR gage is 11.8 only pulling about 7psi. Seems like it misses more when i have been driving around for a bit. Could the PIP in the distributor or the distributor itself be bad (stock)or when it gets hot? If so how can i test it. Also I did have to relocate the module into the fender due to the downpipe. Does this have to be bolted down for good ground?? Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode