MAF location? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (36)
MAF location?

ok so a little background on my car/build. stock 302 with a cartech outlaw turbo kit. i bought the kit used off a buddy who tuned his car speed density. i didnt know when i put every thing together that the MAF should be in the outlet pipe going to the intercooler. i put my MAF in the pipe coming out of the intercooler right after the BOV. i havent really driven the car yet so i dont know if there will be any running issues, but both my tuner and cartech suggest i move the meter.
here is my issue: im using a PMAS blow through MAF that is physically too long for the only other location.

my solution would be to cut the meter housing down about 3". my question now is, will this mess up the readings that the meter provides?

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

ok so after some searching and reading i have now discovered that it would be a BAD idea to move the meter to before the BOV. cause then the meter'd air is not making it to the motor instead its being vented to the atmosphere.

so then my next question is, how far away does the meter have to be from the BOV?

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
post #3 of 4 Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
you want NO bends before or after the MAF for a MIN of 6in. I know its ruff but its well worth it.

I have mine after the intercooler and BOV before intake with no issues. Cant see why you were told to put the MAF before the intercooler but it does need to be after the BOV

NEVER do business with Sam Rivera AKA Sam Wilson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2011, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red89coupe View Post
you want NO bends before or after the MAF for a MIN of 6in. I know its ruff but its well worth it.

I have mine after the intercooler and BOV before intake with no issues. Cant see why you were told to put the MAF before the intercooler but it does need to be after the BOV
yeah i think i was just confused on what i was being told. but i figured out a solution. the BOV can be moved easier than the meter. i have room to move it 5+ inches down the pipe so it will put the meter a 9/10" away. right now its just about 6". so its not a bad location currently, but i want to just make things right.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement