HP Performance kit with motor set back 1" - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
HP Performance kit with motor set back 1"

Does anyone have experience with the HP Performance turbo kit on a Fox body Mustang with the 302 based motor set back 1" on the K-member?

I am trying to figure out if there will be hot side intererence with the following....

1) headers to motor mounts.

2) headers to steering shaft

3) down pipe to firewall.

I am not terribly concerned about lengthening, modifying, or re-creating tubes on the cold side. Just the hot side. Anybody who has run one of the HP Performace kits with a motor set back, please chime in.

Thanks,
Brandon

1991 Strawberry LX.

"Working sucks but not being able to buy toys sucks more!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2011, 04:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (157)
dont know how much this will help or not,but here is a recent thread with some pics of some of the areas your asking about.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/turb...-problems.html

cool to see another name in the area..^^the thread starter above is also a local and i have seen this kit first hand and well...anyways take a look.

jason

post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thats how I'm running mine, my kit is older,don't know how much of change there is. I am not running factory motor mounts though, that didn't work, so i fabbed up some solid motor mounts, that could solve some issues for you.

1993 Notchback --- HPT60 Street Turbo Kit---512rwhp/622 [email protected]
Cover/Feature November 2007 MM&FF Magazine
Feature Sept. 2008 Mustang Enthusiast Mag.
Featured April 2005 5.0 Mustang Magazine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement