Why is On3 hated so much on other forums? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
Why is On3 hated so much on other forums?

Hey guys,
I am on a couple other forums such as PennMustangs and TheTurboForums and have suggested the On3 kits to people as I know a plethora of people that have had great success with these kits. I have gotten bashed for doing such a thing every time. Is this just brand rivalry taken too far? The quality of the On3 kits is pretty obvious to me. Can anyone shed any light on this?

For Sale: 89' Hatch: Built for AutoX. Put 311/324 to the ground.
For Fun: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Built motor + 22lbs on a Gt35r = 450awhp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91LX View Post
Hey guys,
I am on a couple other forums such as PennMustangs and TheTurboForums and have suggested the On3 kits to people as I know a plethora of people that have had great success with these kits. I have gotten bashed for doing such a thing every time. Is this just brand rivalry taken too far? The quality of the On3 kits is pretty obvious to me. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I cannot tell you for sure. But I know alot of people hate them because alot of the parts are "Chinese". But the fact is they are cheaper and they actually perform very well. You also have to remember when people have issues with these kits, more times than not it is user error.

Just for a little reference, tools, like snap-on, supposed to be made right in racine, WI. Ya, probably 50% are Chinese...

post #3 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (24)
Staying out of this one as I have no clue...but I'm in on 1

WWW.JENNABEARSFOUNDATION.ORG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Corral Elite Member

nah it won't go to 2
post #5 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxton50mustang View Post
IJust for a little reference, tools, like snap-on, supposed to be made right in racine, WI. Ya, probably 50% are Chinese...
Is that like 60% of the time it works everytime? Or like 46% of all statistics are made up?

If I was building a budget build I would go with an On3 kit and a good turbo. My build was anything from budget and I did not want to have to worry about pulling it apart and fixing manufacture issues so I went BG instead.
post #6 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
funniest thing of all is,

After all the recycled wok bs over on turbo fourms... guess what? b&g is selling
Chinese hot sides on their site. lmfao
post #7 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

I see I see. I heard of some issues with the kit not fitting, but none that went without resolution. It seems like Chad is a good guy to deal with. Even if it was made from Chinese scrap metal, for the price I feel like that is expected. However, the kit seems to perform tons better than what I would expect from a < $1500 kit IMO.

For Fun: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Built motor + 22lbs on a Gt35r = 450awhp
post #8 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
it's because the owner of B&G turbo is friends with the adims on theturboforums. When on3 came out with their affordable kits, B&G was not willing to cut their prices so they came up with rumors of quality issues. False accusations of cracking for the 99+ kits went flying. And that's all they were.....accusations.....because it wasnt even long enough to know if they would crack or not. B&G/TF were banking on one of them cracking so all the rumors would ring true!! Sadly it never happened and there are many happy on3 kit owners making great power at an affordable price. Many members on their should have their foot in their mouth......but any mention of on3 the thread or topic is deleted. Gay ass politics is all it is.

B&G even went to the point of saying they were going to copy the on3 kits and sell them for less. After months of B&G fans waiting, it never happened. It was just an empty threat, that didn't hurt on3 business anyway.

TF is just full of politics that has really diminished the site. Once it was a great wealth of knowledge with people willing to educate now its just a bunch of elitest that say, "click the search button" for any and every question. I havent been on there for years since all the BS started.

What can i say, competition is great for the consumer. I say let all the other turbo companies that want $6k+ for their kits to get mad, i don't care. This is what i can afford = this is what i'll buy.

Also, i cant stand all these on3 owners that blast on3 over all the forums for any little problem they come across. Most of the time its their fault/lack of knowledge anyway. It just annoys the sh*t out of me, all these dumb on3 owners that complain just to complain.

Last edited by ferfont1; 04-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.
post #9 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Great price, Great kit; I'd be jealous too if I were selling something similar and two to three times the cost. It was a simple choice for me to go with On3. The kit fits and runs great and the customer service matched. Nuff said on that.

1990 Coupe, 302/AOD, stock cam/short block, AFR 165's, 3.55's. Working on a N/A stroker build.
post #10 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
well, when you get down to it, there is alot of really knowledgeable people on forums, and with that comes people who dont know ####. they just re hash a bunch of crap they heard on the internet and jump on a bandwagon. the only bad thing that i can find some validity is that the stock turbo is not that great, but thats why theres options. I personally cant wait to see the new kit for the 2vs in action. i bet its the best bang for your buck.

post #11 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferfont1 View Post
it's because the owner of B&G turbo is friends with the adims on theturboforums. When on3 came out with their affordable kits, B&G was not willing to cut their prices so they came up with rumors of quality issues. False accusations of cracking for the 99+ kits went flying. And that's all they were.....accusations.....because it wasnt even long enough to know if they would crack or not. B&G/TF were banking on one of them cracking so all the rumors would ring true!! Sadly it never happened and there are many happy on3 kit owners making great power at an affordable price. Many members on their should have their foot in their mouth......but any mention of on3 the thread or topic is deleted. Gay ass politics is all it is.

B&G even went to the point of saying they were going to copy the on3 kits and sell them for less. After months of B&G fans waiting, it never happened. It was just an empty threat, that didn't hurt on3 business anyway.

TF is just full of politics that has really diminished the site. Once it was a great wealth of knowledge with people willing to educate now its just a bunch of elitest that say, "click the search button" for any and every question. I havent been on there for years since all the BS started.

What can i say, competition is great for the consumer. I say let all the other turbo companies that want $6k+ for their kits to get mad, i don't care. This is what i can afford = this is what i'll buy.

Also, i cant stand all these on3 owners that blast on3 over all the forums for any little problem they come across. Most of the time its their fault/lack of knowledge anyway. It just annoys the sh*t out of me, all these dumb on3 owners that complain just to complain.
I understand what you are saying as far as people have no clue about what they are doing. However, thats what the forums is about. Letting people know the issues others have so someone is there to lend advice. I own the on3 kit and it has been great so far. It was not user installation when I did not receive all the hardware for the install or had to weld 2 pinholes in the manifolds. I just let the people on this forum to know what to look out for.

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #12 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 08:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T76cobra View Post
funniest thing of all is,

After all the recycled wok bs over on turbo fourms... guess what? b&g is selling
Chinese hot sides on their site. lmfao
I was about to call total BS.. then I went and looked. Sure as ####!!! BG imported pro turbo kits.

How are American independant companies supposed to compete when you design a kit, and somebody comes along, buys one and sends it to China to be copied for 1/3 the price? At some point this is gonna bite us in the ass, BIG TIME!!! Why make anything at all when it will be immediately copied by a Chinese "company" that has NO respect for American trademark or patent laws?

We are slitting our own throats with a big smile saying "look how much money I saved!!!"
post #13 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
i am happy with on3 turbo and 5.0 fox kit.the hot side i got used from a member and yes it did have a few pin holes that i tacked up without issues and the flex join imploded but for the price realy cant go wrong if u know u got a deal and u got what u paid for as for the new 76mm turbo runs realy quiet and very happy with it once i get a c4 i can make full passes and head to the track for numbers.and what is realy made in the usa anymore
post #14 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferfont1 View Post

ON3 got bashed on the turbo forums because he wouldn't give a straight answer to questions he was asked. Mainly about warranty stuff and instructions. There were concerns about the stainless and one of them did crack and the owner had some issues getting things covered at first. It was long after that ON3 offered the kit in mild steel. They did ride Chad's ass but they are only looking out for potential customers. They saw a lot of people get ripped off over the years.
What everyone at TTF forgot was that ON3 was a new business so they were going to have to learn on the fly. It's too bad things happened the way they did because TTF would be a better place with all the ON3 build going on.
post #15 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeet's5.0 View Post

We are slitting our own throats with a big smile saying "look how much money I saved!!!"
Holy #### folks, we got a smart one.
post #16 of 253 Old 04-04-2011, 11:37 PM

i remember when On3 was still on TTF.com and all hell broke lose people were bashing the company at 1st cause it was a kit that was being sold on Ebay.com. Like most turbo kits on Ebay there POS that dont fit so everyone thought that any kit sold on ebay was crap. then On3 came along and a few guys asked questions about them on the fourms and of core the common (china bay, recycled WOK and you get what you pay for) slang was being thrown out. then Brian at BG comes in and all hell broke lose. it was an absolute madhouse till Chad got Banned from the site for no reason even though he was a PAYING member! what people failed to learn was that just cause you sell your kits over ebay dosnt mean its junk. also just because its made in chain or japan or any ASIAN country dosnt mean its junk. look at import cars and bikes #### last forever.

as far as the bad turbos and small parts go. you can upgrade to a Master Power turbo just like the ones that come stock with the BG kit.

ohh and funny thing is my build is also on TTF.com and in the build section when you look for it, it says ON 3 turbo build, guess what no one is saying #### anymore. maybe a few years back i would have been bashed to all hell but guess what the product is speaking for itself now and not one negative thing has been said on it. people do learn and educate themselfs on parts, just takes time. now that is said and done im gona jump over to BGs site and take a look at his new imported kit. LOL. you know what they say...Cant beat em, join em!

88 LX Turbo, C4, H.C.I.---SOLD
97 COBRA, Vortech, T56, Forged, 445/438
post #17 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 01:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
All I can say is that my RL friend runs the kit, we go out every weekend and drive his car like its stolen, after 16months+ its holding up strong. Everything else aside, that speaks enough about the situation.

All of the people claiming Chinese parts take American jobs need to go return their clothes, tvs, stereos, cars, and pretty much everything else they take for granted. it is what it is, shut up or spend the extra 30% it costs to buy American products.
post #18 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 01:37 AM

B&G was selling(offering) Chinese stuff the whole time while everyone was bashing on3. What's your name over there on tf? I couldn't find it in the search. Looking through the actual build boards now.
post #19 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 04:09 AM

Just read that whole thing 88 lol! Damn that things been through alot the last fee years. I can't believe everything your doing twice, but it sounds like your doing what you've always wanted to do. What happend with the big block? You ever get it running? What's the info on it
post #20 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 04:35 AM

thanks i actually have a continuation on here in the turbochargers section. still gona be a while before the build is done. i need to finish painting the engine bay and buying the tube k member the motor is ready to go i just need to finish paying it off and pick it up. started mounting up the shifter today and trying to figure out how to run the trans cooler i wana mount it in the rear near the rear bumper. i wana keep the weight in the back as its way lighter in the rear plus i dont have room to mount it on the rad because the intercooler im gona mount flush with the rad support. keep an eye on it, i update it all the time.

post #21 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 04:37 AM

the big block got sold. and had the stock 302 bottom end rebuilt.

post #22 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM

People love drama.. I looked at alot of kits and weighed price into it. I am one of those guys that is quick to scrap a set up if it's not going the way I want it or not giving the results I want without too much trouble. I bought my On3kit and had it on in no time with very minor issues, which none really had to do with the kit. My only complaint would be the vague instructions included with the kit. That being said my opinion is that if you couldn't work through it you shouldn't be installing the kit yourself. While I haven't completed the tune one my car I'm very pleased with the results and happy with my decission. Car feels awesome on only 6#'s
post #23 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all this info guys it was a big help.

post #24 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
I just finished my install of an On3 kit and ran into some issue but were all addressed in some manor. The majority of the internet banter just comes from the misinformed. I ran into some minor fitment issues but was able to resolve them on my own. I doubt I'll be cracking a header any time soon.
post #25 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Turbo Wizard

I am just amazed this has not sparked into drama ... yet. I just think it is a shame most threads here are only about On3.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
I am just amazed this has not sparked into drama ... yet. I just think it is a shame most threads here are only about On3.
coming from a prior ON3 kit owner i will have to agree with you. i actually get more info about general stuff from other forums. but in the end, i love the corral and the people that are in it. just wish there were more general, DIY turbo build ups. im actually doing my own now. pretty fun if you ask me.
post #27 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
the corral is diff then most fourms. people inform themselfs on the product by asking questions and forming their own oppinion on the product, not by repeating the BS that other people say. thats why thers a On3 questions thread so you can ask the owner and other people that own the kit.

the reason i belive thers a majority of On 3 builds here is the fact this is one of the only fourms where you can have an On 3 build without the BS comments and hatters you get in others. Im also over on TTF.com and over their a majority of the build are BG. i have one of the few On 3 builds over their and so far havent been bashed but again On 3 has come a long way sence they were still on TTF.com and i belive they are getting more accepted into the turbo comunity over their. their not back on the fourms but you can bring up their name without getting flamed right of the bat like you used to.

On 3 has established itself as a company and has backed their costomers every step of the way. Chad puts in alot of work and the fact that their allways desighing new kits and updateing exsisting kits tells you that their more then just a knock off company. the R and D speaks for itself. Yessome of the parts used are not name brand like the BOV, WG and turbo but you can update the turbo to a more popular MasterPower turbos and upgrade to name brand WGs and BOVs the flanges are common sized so if you fell the need to upgrade go ahead and make the call. If i was chad and had the abilty i would offer upgraded BOVs and WGs just like they offer the upgraded turbo. thenyou can rest easy that you have quality name brand parts on your project.

post #28 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Turbo Wizard

heh ... A big part of so many threads is because I let it grow early on. I fielded the complaints and ignored a lot of it too. The negative to my approach of moderating it like that is now we are saturated with On3 threads and there are so many other things that could be getting discussed as well.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

I didn't mean to start anything by this thread I was just curious!

post #30 of 253 Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
maybe make a new section for on3 turbo guys if we offend everyone eles i take in alot from others build and use and like alot of there ideas and enjoy watching there builds
post #31 of 253 Old 04-06-2011, 02:29 AM

Why don't other turbo ppl just put theyre builds or questions up more? I've always wondered that here. Are there just not other turbo guys on here?? I like going to tf for that stuff but I hate the way the site is designed. The font and way it look makes it kinda cluttered and annoying to read sometimes. I know that's being picky
post #32 of 253 Old 04-06-2011, 12:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
on TTF its like a sin to mention On3 or anything on ebay. but just about any question you ask gets 3 or 4 "use the search button" comments. not many ppl seem willing to help and if they do, they tell you to get a dart block and a precision turbo
on here you dont get many responses about small questions. but I think 90% of the turbo cars here are On3 kits

12.7s motor, 11.7s spray, turbo 400/460. [email protected]
post #33 of 253 Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat90lx View Post
on TTF its like a sin to mention On3 or anything on ebay. but just about any question you ask gets 3 or 4 "use the search button" comments. not many ppl seem willing to help and if they do, they tell you to get a dart block and a precision turbo
on here you dont get many responses about small questions. but I think 90% of the turbo cars here are On3 kits
i don't even waste my time on TTF anymore...Way to bias toward b&g.

Those guys on TTF have a short memory span..guess where b&g started off selling his kits? on ebay!!

The early ones were paper thin 18ga steel and had fitment issues of their own

Last edited by T76cobra; 04-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.
post #34 of 253 Old 04-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T76cobra View Post
i don't even waste my time on TTF anymore...Way to bias toward b&g.

Those guys on TTF have a short memory span..guess where b&g started off selling his kits? on ebay!!

The early ones were paper thin 18ga steel and had fitment issues of their own.
I remember back then. I also remember being good friends with a fabricator back then who insisted those kits were just MIG'd together yet with a claim of TIG'd. I got no proof either way, can't even recall who said it but he gave his reasonings at the time.

--Admiral Aaron

post #35 of 253 Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 PM

i know for a fact they were 18ga.. i mic'd mine. i wasn't happy either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement