- mount alternator bracket and alternator
- put on MAF and Pipe
- Various Vacuum lines
- Mount New methanol pump
- put on front bumper
- Start car with open Y pipe

- Profit?

A few things I noticed about the On3 kit that I came accross:

1. Header bolts did not line up exactly. I had to drill the holes larger to get them to fit (7/16's). Luckily I use the aluminum crush-style header gaskets from Percy to fill in any possible gaps

2. NO WAY can I run a mini-oil filter with this kit. The passenger O2 sensor literally sits right in front of the oil filter. I have to us a relocation. You can see in the picture below that the mini oil filter (PH16) is also laying on top of the o2 bung

3. The power steering cooler line is a joke:

4. The 90 deg elbow doesnt fit into the fender well unless you cut about 3 inches more out. Which basically only gives you about 6 inches of fender well since you have to cut the rear hole too for the intake.

5. the intake pipe to the throttle body is about 3 degrees off on the turn. It really does fit like crap. Hopefully, there will be no boost leak out the silicone tube there.

6. the instructions are pretty useless to be honest. if you're a first timer on doing any kind of installs...DON'T...you'll end up messing up something.

7. There is NO WAY, this kit is fit for A/C even though it says it is. picture below is where the compresso would go...umm..yeah thats only about 3 inches of space there

7. OVERALL though....I would give the kit an 8 out of 10 score. I feel like they need to test fit a few more of these 94/95 kits... The overall kit does have quality parts like hoses and clamps and both cold side and hot side parts are really good quality. Also, the small parts are all high quality parts as well. But small items like the intake hose no fitting properly and the header bolts not lining up are really bothersome....

8. if they paid me, I would write up a 20 page installation on this. the 8 pages (give or take) they give you don't really cut the mustard. You would really need to be an experienced installer to get it done.

I will be calling On3 to express my thought on this as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
Hmm I was hoping to get my a/c to still work. How bad is it I cannot tell which way is what in the pic?

I just got mine...had no directions, and missing a crossover pipe....

The power steering cooler is a joke and a long way from the Cobra one.

It would have been nice since they know where the MAF has to go to weld the bracket it right away along with a bung for the IAT sensor.

They also don't tell you the intercooler brackets really are not meant for use with the air bag sensors.....

Did you have to completely get rid of the smog? I had a delete pulley...

post #3 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I have the same kit.....I did not have any issues using a small oil filter (used mobil1), header bolt problem(used my old arp bolts), or the oil cooler problem(think you have it installed wrong). I did have some minor issues running the turbo feed, intake pipe (since mine is fox throttle setup, and some hardware issues...basically I had to run to Lowes a couple of times. You are right...it does not look like there is room for the AC...My kit went together with no problems other than odds and ends bolts and the oil feed. As for you 02 sensors mine went in no problem...I have extensions I used when I had longtubes...dont know if that matters.....Kit is half decent though...cant beat the price

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
You surely aint gonna run that with that jacked up intake pipe?

89 coupe- some parts

best time-11.67
best mph-120.57
best 60 ft-1.63
post #5 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxton50mustang View Post
Hmm I was hoping to get my a/c to still work. How bad is it I cannot tell which way is what in the pic?

It would have been nice since they know where the MAF has to go to weld the bracket it right away along with a bung for the IAT sensor.

They also don't tell you the intercooler brackets really are not meant for use with the air bag sensors.....

You will have to get rid of the delete pulley...It will not fit. My intercooler brackets fit on the inside of my airbag sensors without a problem. As far as the bracket for the MAF....yea would have been nice to have it welded....I had a buddy do mine but not everyone has that option. My power steering line went in fine....Ill post a pic of mine tomorrow

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #6 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 PM

Did anyone get there a/c to run with this kit?
post #7 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gtpa View Post
You will have to get rid of the delete pulley...It will not fit. My intercooler brackets fit on the inside of my airbag sensors without a problem. As far as the bracket for the MAF....yea would have been nice to have it welded....I had a buddy do mine but not everyone has that option. My power steering line went in fine....Ill post a pic of mine tomorrow
I got mine to fit too just had to mod it a bit and add some hardware, you also have to make sure those sensors are dead level so they work right since you have to bend the tabs.
post #8 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (14)
Quote:

A/C
1. I mounted the pipe first and there is absolutely no room there...

2. I wish I could keep the stock cooler. It's WAY better.

3. Ditto on the MAF bracket. My buddy is welding it on.

4. smog will HAVE to be eliminated. The pipe coming out of the turbo, goes directly through it. not even a smog pump delete will work. ..hence, the reason for a shorter serpentine belt.
post #9 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
You surely aint gonna run that with that jacked up intake pipe?

Nope. that's why I have 0 clamps on. i'll have to have it cut and rewelded slightly.
post #10 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:51 PM

I never moved my airbag sensors...bend what tabs? I couldnt get my pulley to fit so I just got a smaller belt...no big deal. I didnt even try AC by the way, it would look way to cluttered

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #11 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I never moved my airbag sensors...bend what tabs? I couldnt get my pulley to fit so I just got a smaller belt...no big deal. I didnt even try AC by the way, it would look way to cluttered
You have the 2 bolts on the sensors, 1 of which is used for the bracket for the intercooler. There is a locating tab to keep the sensor straight that goes into the radiator support. You have to bend that out or the bracket won't fit. You don't have the move them, it is just you have to make sure they are level.

I want the a/c to work, does it look like it can work on anyone's car with this kit?
post #12 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You have the 2 bolts on the sensors, 1 of which is used for the bracket for the intercooler. There is a locating tab to keep the sensor straight that goes into the radiator support. You have to bend that out or the bracket won't fit. You don't have the move them, it is just you have to make sure they are level.

I want the a/c to work, does it look like it can work on anyone's car with this kit?

So far, looks like my air bag sensors will be just fine...

Im sure if I went to an exhaust shop, I could have the pipes adjust out and run A/C which I will eventually do because I want A/C. But at this point, there is just no clearance for it and even if there were, the compressor would be right on top of a hotside tube.
post #13 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Not on my car. I didnt have to bend anything....Mine fit no problem...I have no idea what you are talking about ...but every install is different...got mine done 2 weeks ago...but toasted some plug wires.....just waiting on a tune at the moment...

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #14 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinopsu View Post

Im sure if I went to an exhaust shop, I could have the pipes adjust out and run A/C which I will eventually do because I want A/C. But at this point, there is just no clearance for it and even if there were, the compressor would be right on top of a hotside tube.
Can you post a pic of where your intercooler is mounted, just curious.
post #15 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:

Yeah I couldn't get my compressor to fit either....but I dont live in CA either so I can live with no AC.

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #16 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Can you post a pic of where your intercooler is mounted, just curious.

post #17 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

in case people missed it..

full gallery

MobileMe Gallery
post #18 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah I couldn't get my compressor to fit either....but I dont live in CA either so I can live with no AC.
Damn, is it that bad? I haven't installed mine that far yet.
post #19 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 PM

Everyone able to keep both fog lights?
post #20 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Damn, is it that bad? I haven't installed mine that far yet.
yes..its that bad
post #21 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Everyone able to keep both fog lights?
yes, I will be able to. That side clears...
post #22 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 PM

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

I wonder if they changed it, if you look at the driver side header it is way below the compressor in their pic.

Did you guys have to move the fuel lines or anything?
post #23 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

I wonder if they changed it, if you look at the driver side header it is way below the compressor in their pic.

Did you guys have to move the fuel lines or anything?

No movement of the fuel lines were needed...and yes that picture looks different from what I have...Now I'm wondering if I got some kind of hybrid kit because I sure would like to run A/C and not have to run a relocation kit as well.
post #24 of 91 Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

heres 2 pics of where the A/C would go.

post #25 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (13)
Nothing has been changed on the kit. Clock the turbo to change the angle on the charge pipe to get it away from the one pipe. I dont really understand the issues with the a/c. As for the pipe we run for the cold air, you run it toward the inner fender, looks like you ran it down. There is no way to route that through there without trimming it some toward the front area. We have ran fl910's on the cars with no issues so something is going on or different here. Not sure what but there is something different and would need more detailed photos. There is no issues with Cobra fog lights, we mocked the kit up on a cobra.
post #26 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by On 3 Performance View Post
Nothing has been changed on the kit. Clock the turbo to change the angle on the charge pipe to get it away from the one pipe. I dont really understand the issues with the a/c. As for the pipe we run for the cold air, you run it toward the inner fender, looks like you ran it down. There is no way to route that through there without trimming it some toward the front area. We have ran fl910's on the cars with no issues so something is going on or different here. Not sure what but there is something different and would need more detailed photos. There is no issues with Cobra fog lights, we mocked the kit up on a cobra.
Thanks for the response.

1. Before I begin. I just want to say, that I am overall happy with this kit. Even though there are these little issues, it's still a very good kit.

2. I shoved my A/C compressor in today and it does fit buuuuut...the rear A/C lines do touch the cylinder 5 on the header where it sweeps forward. I think I could get around that though. So, I was not entirely correct. A/C WILL fit on this kit but damn is it tight in there...about 1/4" clearance..

3. intake pipe:

pics: There really is only 1 way to sweep this pipe because of the down pipe of the kit is in the way from 100% clocking the pipe correctly.

here is if I were to try and sweep it where it would be correct. notice I can't because it actually hits the turbo housing now.

4. The 02 sensor bung on my kit sticks right in the path of the oil filter. I will try an FL910. Notice on the below pics, if I stick my o2 in there, the filter is in the way

5. nothing wrong with the way the turbo is clocked...no other pipes are in the way...so we're good to go there. my drain spout is straight down...

Thanks for the response.
post #27 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM

fl910 or a relocation kit is going to be a must

Also I wanted to address the header bolt questions. These headers do not have to be drilled but they do have a specific way of going in. If you put the header on, start the front bolt and one of the rears, you will have a problem. You need to start all the bolts just with a few threads, then go back and tighten them down. Due to the length of the bolts, flange depth and the angle they go in at, you have to follow that process. A few of them cant get started due to the angle is the reason.

I experienced this on the first kit when the customer was installing and we were just going into production. I was freaking out, literally was in bed sleeping and drove over to figure that out. He was doing the same thing by installing a few and tightening down right away. I brought an e7 head over to test it and that was the case, just need to get all of them started with a few threads and work your way from there

Also a/c lines, you almost always have to bend them around or tie them back in certain areas to make it work. Almost any install I do, Ill have to move the lines around to avoid plumbing

Last edited by On 3 Performance; 03-31-2011 at 03:57 PM.
post #28 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
I would most certainly expect fitment/quality issues on an imported kit at that price point.

80 coupe, N/A 347, tko500 1.34, 6.30 @ 109.01, 9.87 @ 137.06

16 GT, daily driver on pump 93, Procharger 1.42, 6.31 @ 109.59, 9.80 @ 141.57
post #29 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 04:25 PM

Honestly where its made doesnt have anything to do with it and can have issues with our kit or the most expensive kit on the market. We are doing all we can at the price range we have to work with. There are several issues here that are addressed in the instructions or if we were asked about them. I just cant keep up with all the threads and be on top of all of them. All in all at the price we are bringing our kit to the market for and the power potential, its hard to beat. There are also different variables on different cars that make a production kit sometime need tweaked. Intercooler mounting, turbo clocking, adjustment in the tubing, etc can all cause 10 kits to fit 10 different ways. A turbo kit isnt something just you bolt in after work, it involves work as you know. Im pretty happy with the kit, one if my best friends cars was used and he loves it. The work is all worth it in the end
post #30 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 04:27 PM

I would also unmount the intercooler and loosen the other coupler connections. Maybe arrange the tb pipe how you like it. Then work your way back to the intercooler and you might have to trim that inner fender where the tube comes through. Its not even 2.5" from the factory so also depending on where the material is trimmed to make it a 3" round circle can effect how that pipe fits
post #31 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I would also unmount the intercooler and loosen the other coupler connections. Maybe arrange the tb pipe how you like it. Then work your way back to the intercooler and you might have to trim that inner fender where the tube comes through. Its not even 2.5" from the factory so also depending on where the material is trimmed to make it a 3" round circle can effect how that pipe fits
That inner fender is trimmed as far is it can go. This car used to be s-trimmed with an anderson 4" power pipe going down in there..so there's no more trimming needed or possible... I'm sure I'll get it to fit...just thought it would be good to inform you guys where I am at.

Also, I spoke to Mike and I'm going to mount the power steering cooler line on the inside of the intercooler. looks like I have a little space there for it fit.

as far as the 02 sensor goes. (I just saw you edited your post) ...there's only 1 spot it can go on the driver side. I will try and Fl910 but no biggie to be honest since I already ordered an oil filter relocation kit. but, I would rather not have something else clutter under my hood. as you can see, all my wires are pretty much already hidden.

and I do have to say thanks again for these responses. It's great to know you guys are on the ball about your product. Shows that you actually care.
post #32 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
That inner fender is trimmed as far is it can go. This car used to be s-trimmed with an anderson 4" power pipe going down in there..so there's no more trimming needed or possible... I'm sure I'll get it to fit...just thought it would be good to inform you guys where I am at.

Also, I spoke to Mike and I'm going to mount the power steering cooler line on the inside of the intercooler. looks like I have a little space there for it fit.

as far as the 02 sensor goes. (I just saw you edited your post) ...there's only 1 spot it can go on the driver side. I will try and Fl910 but no biggie to be honest since I already ordered an oil filter relocation kit. but, I would rather not have something else clutter under my hood. as you can see, all my wires are pretty much already hidden.

and I do have to say thanks again for these responses. It's great to know you guys are on the ball about your product. Shows that you actually care.
might want to try the mobile one also...I think its the m1-102....my fit in there good

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #33 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Maybe because mine is a GT with the cobra front and fogs? Dont know...but there was no way it was fitting in there....doesnt really matter to me

1995 Gt
--70mm Turbo
post #34 of 91 Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 PM

I edited my post becuase I couldnt see the photo clearly enough and it looked like the crossover had a fitting for the o2 like the fox kit that we used in testing. I was thinking that was the fitting you were trying to use till I looked back and saw the different primaries in the background. As far as putting the ps line between the intercooler that will be fine, its going to get airflow either way
post #35 of 91 Old 04-01-2011, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I edited my post becuase I couldnt see the photo clearly enough and it looked like the crossover had a fitting for the o2 like the fox kit that we used in testing. I was thinking that was the fitting you were trying to use till I looked back and saw the different primaries in the background. As far as putting the ps line between the intercooler that will be fine, its going to get airflow either way

I'm excited to finish this and send you guys video and pics...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement