331 vs 5.3 mod motor for single turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
331 vs 5.3 mod motor for single turbo

I'm stuck at a crossroad right now, I have been working on my 1991 notchback for around a year now. I have a pony down single kit about finished up. I was planning my next step which is the motor build and now I'm a bit confused. I orignally planned on a Dart based 331 but now I have been thinking and talking to people and I'm thinking about a modular boss block based 5.3 stroker with a set of 03 4v heads. I think in the end the motors are going to cost about the same, but I don't know which one I would enjoy more, or which is stronger, or if one has a better live span? I plan on using this car as a dd which I want to possibly take to an open track event or make a few passes at the track if I get the bug. I know that I would have to redo the headers and a few other pipes but I can use most of it on my 64 comet project. If you had a choice of the two motors which would you choose? The car will be mated to a TKO 600, I have already built up the 8.8 and done all the suspension mods minus a k-member. I already have one TT 5.0 mod motor car which I fully enjoy, but I want to see which motor is the best all around option for me. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i vote GM LS 5.3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9uU_3VHT0

1992 mustang GT with a mildly built 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost331 View Post
Bcam or Bscammed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement