Anyone try a turbo kit from treastone yet? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Anyone try a turbo kit from treastone yet?

Been looking at the twin turbo kit for my 91 stang. Has anyone dealt with them or know of a better twin turbo kit? Let me know, still new to this but want to make a good purchase. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
A girl I know had one installed on her car. Every thing had to be modified. Not worth the money at all. Even if you can DIY.

Mike 1986 Capri street car w/ a/c, p/s & p/w
Custom built T6 80mm s400sx based kit Shaunthony's built (Twin Trouble and Anthony Fury)
9.31 @ 146 1.39 60' on drag radials @ 3735# Kurgan tuned AEM EMS
80mm 718rwhp new 88mm 921rwhp No new track times yet
post #3 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
#### will crack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Anyone know of an other twin turbo kit for a 5.0?
post #5 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (230)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josemustang91 View Post
Anyone know of an other twin turbo kit for a 5.0?
Will vouch for a customer that has a twin 5.0L kit.. 8'sec 1/4 mile street car and happy with system.

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/site/

His is a older kit, really not sure what they are doing with the fox 5.0L kit's these days, but they make a nice product!

Power Adder Solutions,Inc. Supplying All Your Forced Induction Parts And Accessories -SCT Certified- Supporting TwEECer R/T - BE - Quarterhorse Tuning

For Immediate Assistance Call Us: 1.919.779.4153 email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We do not get on the forums every day for PM Reply.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00-5:30pm) EST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Distributor For: MegaSquirt-Top Dealer,On3 Performance Turbo Systems,Hellion Power Systems,Innovate Motorsports,Trick Flow,AFR,Pro-M Racing,Precision Turbo,Siemens Deka,Turbosmart,Spec,SCT,Moates.net,Binary Editor,Procharger,Vortech and More!

post #6 of 19 Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 AM

at some point with on3, we will have a twin kit for 5.0 cars.. but we are a ways out on that for sure

I am on3 dealer. message me for some killer deals
post #7 of 19 Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (29)
I looked into the kits from Turbotechnology and talked with George on the phone. They were pricey! But they are also great kits, I know a guy here in Dayton with the race kit - older kit- it's nice. George said that they weren't stocking the kits but they could be custom made to order. I would buy one of these kits over the Treadstone kits anyday. I was looking at the single turbo kit, they mount on the driver's side- which is what I wanted. 10SECLX has a turbo technology kit for sale.

Here it is- https://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1241024

It's not a twin kit but it's nice.

92 Chameleon Hatch.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Everyone talks crap about these kits, but it's basically the same thing I have. I've had my setup for going on 5 years now with nary a problem, guess I just got a "good" one, and anyone who expects everything to just be "bolt-on" is not being realistic given the factory tolerances on Fox Mustangs.

1989 LX: Vortech YS-Trim blown DSS 347, Stage 3 Twisted Wedges, Holley Systemax 2, AFM B-451 cam, AFM Power-Pipe, AFM PMS, 80mm Pro-M, Aeromotive 1000 hp fuel system, Precision Turbo 65 lb/hr injectors, UEGO 1000 Wide Band O2, MSD 6BTM and Distributor, 33-spline Moser axles and spool, Bogart Drag-On Stars, UPR Chromemoly K-member and A-Arms, Kooks 1-7/8", Dr. Gas, 130 amp alt, etc.

1991 GT Convertible: stone stock, PA AOD, Edge Converter, 62mm Turbo, 397 rwhp, 458 lb./ft rwtq @ 8 psi
post #9 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown8950 View Post
Everyone talks crap about these kits, but it's basically the same thing I have. I've had my setup for going on 5 years now with nary a problem, guess I just got a "good" one, and anyone who expects everything to just be "bolt-on" is not being realistic given the factory tolerances on Fox Mustangs.
How is it basically what you have ? Do you have the same thing or not ? This particular kit has proven itself to crack over and over along with v-bands that didn't fit.
post #10 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10secgoal View Post
How is it basically what you have ? Do you have the same thing or not ? This particular kit has proven itself to crack over and over along with v-bands that didn't fit.
Well, on the Treadstone website they use a picture of MY CAR, a picture they got right from this forum, from the following thread in fact...

https://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=806982

And just look at the pics of the Treadstone kit, it looks identical to mine. I got mine from TFX performance in Ohio and they were marketing the kits for Treadstone. But like I said, I have had NO issues. Pretty sure Hellion and On3 use stainless as well. Oh, and I'm speaking from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, not Internet forum hearsay. Trips me out how some folks comment on things they have no personal experience with, just repeating what they read or hear. Followers.

1989 LX: Vortech YS-Trim blown DSS 347, Stage 3 Twisted Wedges, Holley Systemax 2, AFM B-451 cam, AFM Power-Pipe, AFM PMS, 80mm Pro-M, Aeromotive 1000 hp fuel system, Precision Turbo 65 lb/hr injectors, UEGO 1000 Wide Band O2, MSD 6BTM and Distributor, 33-spline Moser axles and spool, Bogart Drag-On Stars, UPR Chromemoly K-member and A-Arms, Kooks 1-7/8", Dr. Gas, 130 amp alt, etc.

1991 GT Convertible: stone stock, PA AOD, Edge Converter, 62mm Turbo, 397 rwhp, 458 lb./ft rwtq @ 8 psi
post #11 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Still lookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcafc View Post
I looked into the kits from Turbotechnology and talked with George on the phone. They were pricey! But they are also great kits, I know a guy here in Dayton with the race kit - older kit- it's nice. George said that they weren't stocking the kits but they could be custom made to order. I would buy one of these kits over the Treadstone kits anyday. I was looking at the single turbo kit, they mount on the driver's side- which is what I wanted. 10SECLX has a turbo technology kit for sale.

It's not a twin kit but it's nice.
I spoke with him too. He said between 6k to 9k.
post #12 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Well, on the Treadstone website they use a picture of MY CAR, a picture they got right from this forum, from the following thread in fact...

https://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=806982

And just look at the pics of the Treadstone kit, it looks identical to mine. I got mine from TFX performance in Ohio and they were marketing the kits for Treadstone. But like I said, I have had NO issues. Pretty sure Hellion and On3 use stainless as well. Oh, and I'm speaking from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, not Internet forum hearsay. Trips me out how some folks comment on things they have no personal experience with, just repeating what they read or hear. Followers.

I know hellion uses a 409 SS which is pretty much a mild steel in it's expansion rate. They use mild I hear now for the headers but IDK, and ON3, well.....

How much personal experience does one need to know they don't want this ? Welded and welded, braced and still cracked. Same kit you have. but not hearsay. The owner of that kit is a member here.

Trips ME out that when someone has a different experience or thinks differently the owner of the kit in question, the owner gets defensive. Lol @ followers.
post #13 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I know hellion uses a 409 SS which is pretty much a mild steel in it's expansion rate. They use mild I hear now for the headers but IDK, and ON3, well.....

How much personal experience does one need to know they don't want this ? Welded and welded, braced and still cracked. Same kit you have. but not hearsay. The owner of that kit is a member here.

Trips ME out that when someone has a different experience or thinks differently the owner of the kit in question, the owner gets defensive. Lol @ followers.
Well, I'd lend that members testimony credibility, but not you sir. You hit the nail on the head though with, "has a different experience." YOU have NO PERSONAL experience with the kit in question, but still you pass judgement, and that's your right. Looks like he got some bad steel. And maybe I'm just weird but I prefer to gravitate towards opinions from members who've got actual experience with whatever I'm researching, and not those who DO NOT. But that's just me.

post #14 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Better get something else then

Quote:

Trips ME out that when someone has a different experience or thinks differently the owner of the kit in question, the owner gets defensive. Lol followers.
I guess a treadstone kit would not be wise. An Incon would be great if I could find a used one. If anyone know of one please let me know.
post #15 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Well, I'd lend that members testimony credibility, but not you sir. You hit the nail on the head though with, "has a different experience." YOU have NO PERSONAL experience with the kit in question, but still you pass judgement, and that's your right. Looks like he got some bad steel. And maybe I'm just weird but I prefer to gravitate towards opinions from members who've got actual experience with whatever I'm researching, and not those who DO NOT. But that's just me.
Don't worry, I wasn't doing it to earn credibility with you. It was apparently enough for the OP to make a competent choice. I wouldn't need to grill someone for personal experience if they provided pics like that, but that's me. I don't think your weird. But I tend gravitate to people with more experience in the field rather, than the one guy that got the kit with "good steel." Your the only one I've seen with a positive experience. Spread the word.
post #16 of 19 Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 PM

Bah. I went back to my buddies shop and the car was gone. Wanted to take pic of the turbo hitting the hood, and hitting the frame and sway bar mount. I'll shoot it and post pics here next time I see it though.
post #17 of 19 Old 09-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josemustang91 View Post
I spoke with him too. He said between 6k to 9k.
It also is more or less a race kit so depending on what accessories you wanted to keep it could be an issue. They build quality stuff though that really seems to last. Cartech has a twin kit as well but it too is more or less a race kit. I think Turbotime has a twin kit too but it also is pricey, it though is designed to be a street kit.

--Admiral Aaron

post #18 of 19 Old 09-04-2010, 03:30 PM

www.ponydown.com makes a twin turbo kit for the 5.0 mustang.

The treadstone kit is a copy of a B&G kit.
There are some good threads on turbomustang.com about why this
kit sucks and why Brian at B&G changed it's design and materials after
these were designed.

You can also easily mount 2 small turbos where the stock mufflers go
and use an oil scavenge pump to return the oil. This does not require a "kit".
Just a little bit of fab work.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep sitting down and voting on whats for lunch.
post #19 of 19 Old 09-04-2010, 05:45 PM

That was my TFX kit that cracked, I wouldn't take the chance.(again)

Cheaper to do it once.

john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement