Starting the turbo build!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-16-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Starting the turbo build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took off the Novi last weekend and returned the car to N/A, while I get the longblock together and work out the known details to get this going.

Parts so far for the new 302 are:

New Boss block, 3.00" Eagle 4340 crank, Eagle H beams and Mahle pistons. (9.6 CR)
AFR-185's (1388's)
Cartech Hurricane box upper, ported w/ 1" spacer
Saleen/Vortech (old school lower) ported and welded (truck/Holley style intake)
Comps Cams XE264HR cam
Full Aeroomotive A1000 fuel system for a Fox

I also have a set of SRP low comp dished pistons that would give me about 8.7 CR and am trying to decide which to run. Some say keep the compression and some say go low to run more boost. It is a street car that never sees the track, but does get the piss driven out of it and will not see race gas.
I would invite input on this please.

I may go to a better hot side, but I got a complete and new kit for not much more than what the turbo, BOV and wastgate would have cost me. I have a Turbonectic T-series HP76 compressor, ceramic ball bearing, F1-68 turbine wheel with a tangential undivided .81 A/R housing. Basically a T76 with an F1-68 turbine wheel., Tial 50 mm BOV and Turbonectics Evolution wastegate (may need to go bigger here) ,Treadstone TR25VS Intercooler .

I want to see somewhere near 700 out of this combo. I was at 486 rwhp with the Novi on a stock shortbock with this cam and intake on worked P heads and 16 lbs of boost.

I got a feeling that if I run 16 lbs of boost out of that T76, it is going to be insane!

With that, does this look like a solid path for the power I expect?

Last edited by 500HPLX; 08-23-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Maybe I missed it, but what hot side do you have?

post #3 of 3 Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
It is a Treadstone hot and cold side.

I may go with a B & G hot side with a upgraded wastegate. I called Brian a couple of weeks ago to go over a few things. I know someone who ran his set up and highly recommends him.

But I do have a complete system and might just put it on and see what it does.

Last edited by 500HPLX; 09-22-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement