Back in May I purchased a Hellion turbo kit through Chris at Power Adder Solutions for my 1990 Mustang. Unfortunately Hellion had to order the piping from Bassani and it ended up taking 3 months for me to get a complete kit. Chris was very helpful throughout the process and even made me a tune for my setup. Great guy to do business with.
During the wait I did what I could: wired an MSD 6AL-2, removed the smog equipment, and installed a boost gauge. Since it is my daily driver and the motor was stock from the throttle body to the oil pan, I had to buy additional parts for the install and it all had to happen over a long weekend.
The first hurdle was that the piping arrived without any o2 bungs:
After a call to Hellion I discovered that they quit putting the bungs on the heat kits. They offered to weld them on for me if I shipped the piping back but I'd have to cover shipping costs. They couldn't immediately provide me with pictures or diagrams showing the exact locations for the bungs so I made a thread asking for help:
2 days before I began the install they Emailed me 2 pics to show me where to have the narrowband o2 bungs installed:
Yesterday I marked the piping and took it to a reputable local shop to have the bungs tigged and got to work on the car. Removed the stock headers and H-pipe, tapped the pan, added the t-fitting for the oil pressure sender, and changed the oil:
Picked the piping up and brought it home to start wrapping it in heat wrap and noticed this:
Woke up this morning and returned the pipe to the shop to be fixed and dug in to my car along with my dad. Pulled off the upper intake and valve covers. 42 lb injectors installed:
Aeromotive FPR and gauge installed:
The piping for the gauge wouldn't clear the smog control module on the intake manifold so we removed the 90* and extension and it fit perfect.
Valve cover gaskets and spark plugs replaced. Mocking up the headers:
SURPRISE! Frame rail has to be notched, charcoal canister moved forward, and A/C lines bent out of the way:
SURPRISE! If you don't relocate the oil filter you have to remove the driver side header to change it (SEE POST #28 FOR UPDATE)
Intake back on with new upper gasket and everything reattached: