Anyone running a gauge for reading IAT's? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-01-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (18)
Question Anyone running a gauge for reading IAT's?

I know you can use a volt meter to read the voltage, but was looking for either a kit, or what all you would need for a DIY version...

Found this one, and its priced right, but its out of stock and wont ship for at least 60 days...

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...f80ccb7c3db60b

94 GT Vert
DART Block 347 ~ Vortech S-trim ~ AFR 185's ~ Aeromotive Fuel System ~ 55lb. injectors ~ AFM PMS ~ SMC Alky inject.
657 rwhp; 628.5 tq
My Pics...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tow Vehicle: 04 V8 Touareg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Jersey True Street Guy

Trader Feedback: (84)
My Gen 7 DFI datalogs it and you can view it in real time on the laptop.

I'm not familiar with the AFM PMS, does that thing datalog or have outputs for any of the sensor readings?

1989 Saleen 89-425 all original + Baer 6P Brakes
1990 Saleen 90-137 heavily modded
1989 Shadow Blue Metallic Hatchback LX
[email protected] -- 94mm T4 True Street Trim
Thanks: Baer, Haltech, UPR, National Parts Depot, Meziere, Weldon, BBRC
post #3 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj50 View Post

I'm not familiar with the AFM PMS, does that thing datalog or have outputs for any of the sensor readings?
The newer one, Series 4 does... however I am running the older series 2 w/ the harness update and it does not...
However, that wouldn't work for me because I do not run the factory IAT sensor where it sees the hot compressed air... I am running it in the intake (pre blower) tract... (I do this along with not running any O2's to keep everything constant concerning my tune.)

Thank you

94 GT Vert
DART Block 347 ~ Vortech S-trim ~ AFR 185's ~ Aeromotive Fuel System ~ 55lb. injectors ~ AFM PMS ~ SMC Alky inject.
657 rwhp; 628.5 tq
My Pics...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Jersey True Street Guy

Trader Feedback: (84)
This may be easier then we are talking about...

If you measure voltage range on a IAT vs. an ECT and it is the same, you can confirm that using an electrical gauge that is designed for water temp, will work the same air temperature.

I looked for 3 minutes on summit and they don't seem to disclose the voltage range on the senders or the gauges but you may be able to call autometer directly after checking voltage ranges on the sensors.

Regarding your setup, if the ability to datalog any number of sources existed, I would want both a sensor on the pre-forced induction side and post induction, take it a step further and three would be great, one before forced induction, one after, but before intercooler, and one in the intake itself, but then reality strikes...:-)

I'm working right now on a plan to measure back pressure in the hotside and datalog that vs., the MAP on the intake side.

1989 Saleen 89-425 all original + Baer 6P Brakes
1990 Saleen 90-137 heavily modded
1989 Shadow Blue Metallic Hatchback LX
[email protected] -- 94mm T4 True Street Trim
Thanks: Baer, Haltech, UPR, National Parts Depot, Meziere, Weldon, BBRC
post #5 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll look into that.

94 GT Vert
657 rwhp; 628.5 tq
My Pics...

post #6 of 8 Old 08-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj50 View Post
post #7 of 8 Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
my moates quarterhose shows iat temps, and for the price its perfect.

1993 GT 357W T76
post #8 of 8 Old 08-03-2010, 09:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
another fully satisfied moats customer here

95GT: 302, TEA TFS heads, systemax, jay allen cam, t-70, 60lb inj, moates quarterhorse, dynamic c4, and so on...

best so far (only pass on the car) 10.72 @ 123 (needs 3.27's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement