88 Mustang with speed Density - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
88 Mustang with speed Density

Im about to pick up an 88 mustang gt and it has speed density and Im curious as to what I need to do when I get a turbo kit for it to work with the speed density. I know you can do a maf conversion, but it seems pointless if I can spend about the same thing for a used pms or tweecer to tune it. I've read that you can use a check valve from like vortec so the map sensor doesn't get boost, but i've also heard you can use a bigger map sensor or one from a gm in order for it to work. Could someone clarify, and help me figure out what all I'm going to need for the turbo kit. I got a 255lph fuel pump and 42lb injectors in mind already. Thanks in advance.

302 Explorer Upper and Ported lower U/D pullies
Ported E7s with 3 angle valve job B303 cam msd ignition and blaster 2 coil smog pump deleted mac 1 5/8in shorty headers mac prochamber h pipe and flowmaster single chamber with dumps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

Trader Feedback: (3)
Honestly just do the maf conversion , or spend alot more for a complete stand-alone efi system. The pms can help you tune, but only with maf, I think you can use the mega-squrt system for a complete efi ecu set-up, and theres the bs3, fast, but the price just keeps going up. Mega squrt is the cheapiest but has a learning curve and you have to have a laptop. Buy a a9p on here and get a blow thru maf and then get the engine harness to convert

post #3 of 7 Old 06-26-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
I was actually looking at the megasquirt too. I think that'd be fun to learn. And if I remember right, it can come with a 2 or 3 bar map sensor too. Anyone done something similar with the megasquirt on a speed density with boost?

302 Explorer Upper and Ported lower U/D pullies
Ported E7s with 3 angle valve job B303 cam msd ignition and blaster 2 coil smog pump deleted mac 1 5/8in shorty headers mac prochamber h pipe and flowmaster single chamber with dumps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...roducts_id=199

I use one of these on a turbo Mustang and it works awesome.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpack5982 View Post
Im about to pick up an 88 mustang gt and it has speed density and Im curious as to what I need to do when I get a turbo kit for it to work with the speed density. I know you can do a maf conversion, but it seems pointless if I can spend about the same thing for a used pms or tweecer to tune it. I've read that you can use a check valve from like vortec so the map sensor doesn't get boost, but i've also heard you can use a bigger map sensor or one from a gm in order for it to work. Could someone clarify, and help me figure out what all I'm going to need for the turbo kit. I got a 255lph fuel pump and 42lb injectors in mind already. Thanks in advance.
That just it Tweecer and PMS wont tune the S.D. computers.

Its not the S.D. that is the problem. It's that you cant tune the S.D. computers.
The aftermarket tuners are only compatible with the Mass Air computers.

S.D. is a better system for boosted engines, so if you want to change to Mega-Jizz
or an AEM or something that is a good option.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep sitting down and voting on whats for lunch.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.barn View Post
That just it Tweecer and PMS wont tune the S.D. computers.

Its not the S.D. that is the problem. It's that you cant tune the S.D. computers.
The aftermarket tuners are only compatible with the Mass Air computers.

S.D. is a better system for boosted engines, so if you want to change to Mega-Jizz
or an AEM or something that is a good option.
The TwEECer and Moates platform will in fact tune Speed Density vehicles.

94 GT 327 S-trim 4r70w yadda yadda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCat View Post
The TwEECer and Moates platform will in fact tune Speed Density vehicles.
Learn something new everyday.

I guess its the SCT chips that all tuners burn that will not tune an S.D. computer.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep sitting down and voting on whats for lunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement