01 2v GT On3 Build/Prebuild (few ?'s) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
01 2v GT On3 Build/Prebuild (few ?'s)

Hi all my name is Tyson Williams and I am about to dive into my On3 install on my 01 GT. So far I'm waiting on the kit in the mail, have the svt focus pump, 42 lb injectors and a lightning 90mm maf. I also have a QA1 K-Member that is compatible with the stock a-arms. I am curious if I need to get the tubular arms as well and coilovers? I am on a slight budget as I am in the middle of my college education and can't afford every luxury . Any other tips I should know before jumping into the install? Is 6-7psi safe on my stock motor? I have new top end and the bottom end has around 80k on it. Also should I order an AEM (or any other brand) wideband as well as fuel pressure and boost for a 3 gauge pod? I am located in southwest MN and am having it tuned at Excessive Autosports in Sioux Falls, SD.

Anyways enough rambling, the car has a small list of mods:
-70mm tb
-stack racing plenum (not installed yet)
-o/r x-pipe
-flowmaster 44's
-black bullitt's
-bunch of exterior styling
-short throw shifter (forgot brand)
-1 inch drop springs (not installed yet)
-drilled rotors
-and then add everything that is up there ^^ to the list

Thanks for taking the time to read and to give advice! There will be pics/etc of the install to come in the near future! Install may start in early August but bear with me please!

Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 10:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
You will need coilovers for the front , stock style springs and arm won't clear pipes. You might also want to buy aftermarket tie rods to clear pipes and get blow thru maf . With good tune you should be safe to 8 psi , just make sure to zip tie all hose and vacuum lines.

Voodoo racing innovation built 4v , powerglide, borg warner s475 at 29psi, custome turbo kit , pro efi ecu, Aeromotive fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails, id 1000 injectors, e85. Best to date 1.36 60'
Best pass to date 8.92 at 156mph. Best 1/8 mile 5.6at 127 mph.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
thanks for the quick reply. What do you suggest for coilover setup and a arms? I have the QA1 MU1TK k member right now. And what blow thru maf as well? The lightning maf isn't such a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
What 2002mustanggt said as well as yes on the aem gauges. I run an aem wideband air/fuel and boost gauge and about to pick up a fuel pressure gauge. Feel free to post any questions, you will get alot of help from the guys at the corral. Good luck and let us know what other prebuild questions you have. I was asking everyone before i started mine as well.

1994 Mustang GT Coupe....
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 10:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow99mustang View Post
thanks for the quick reply. What do you suggest for coilover setup and a arms? I have the QA1 MU1TK k member right now. And what blow thru maf as well? The lightning maf isn't such a good idea?
Your welcome . As for wideband I have aem wideband and you can find them new on ebay for cheap. If you have qa1 get their arms/coilovers. Lightning maf is draw thru maf and can make it to work but turbo car is better with blow thru maf like pmas or hpx slot style maf.

Boost gauge and wideband is must!

Voodoo racing innovation built 4v , powerglide, borg warner s475 at 29psi, custome turbo kit , pro efi ecu, Aeromotive fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails, id 1000 injectors, e85. Best to date 1.36 60'
Best pass to date 8.92 at 156mph. Best 1/8 mile 5.6at 127 mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement