Quick water/meth pre turbo - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quick water/meth pre turbo

I've read for hours on tons of info on Water/meth, pre, post, how much etc. Something that is not so clear, pre turbo injection, cools the compression of the air, denser, can move the map of the turbo, especially if its a smaller turbo for the build. With those benifits, do you still get the detonation supression? Obviously you get the benifits of cooler dense charge, which will help, but do you get the chemical benifits in the chamber like a pre tb injection setup?
Hope that makes sense
Brian

-1982 Mustang GT, T5, 3.73s, EFI'd 408W, soon to be parted and retired
-1991 Notch, numbers matching 2.3l auto, all motor!
-2003 DSG Cobra, 2.8, intake, exhaust, tune, basics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2010, 02:47 PM

On my shop we ran a an additional pre turbo nozzle on a STI and on a EVO with Devils Own stage 2, the graphs were exactly the same with and without it...no clear power or torque gains and no boost sooner and no IAT temp change.

These cars ran 28-30 psi with GT35r on a 4cyl 2.0 engine so they were a good candidate for pre water/meth injection.,
I think on a turbo setup with 8-10 psi like a mustang the results would be the same.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I'm not sure on my procharger i run one pre inlet and two in my carb hat it does cool the charge the case of my procharger is cooler not sure how much but i can actually touch it for a few seconds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-17-2010, 03:31 AM

the pre TB nozzles works for sure, but the OP asked if an adittional pre turbo nozzle will do something noticeble to the IAT temp, power, boost or anything else...from our tests it doesn't....
post #5 of 5 Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Interesting, thanks guys. I was thinkin a pre tb squirter would be ideal for sure, but with all the positive reading on pre turbo injection, especially seeing as my turbo is quite small for the setup, that i could benifit. I just couldnt find info that there are the chemical gains at the combustion chamger with pre turbo, like you get with pre tb.

-1982 Mustang GT, T5, 3.73s, EFI'd 408W, soon to be parted and retired
-1991 Notch, numbers matching 2.3l auto, all motor!
-2003 DSG Cobra, 2.8, intake, exhaust, tune, basics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement