Couple question about hot side and cold side - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
Couple question about hot side and cold side

I was at a car crusie last nite saw a friend of mine he has a notch back with a turbo so i asked him who did the work he said a shop right here in town..Now my car is at another shop in town but the shop isnt moving on my car at all..Do you think it bad to take the car and bring it to a shop that seems to really want to work on it?? So i was thinking of bringing my car to this shop so i talked to the Owner last nite and he said sure...I said i wanted to go with a turbo he said he builds/gets a hotside form one place and then builds his own cold side...Well doing some research i found out the Hot side is B&G.. i thought ok thats good then he said he uses the masterpower t70 turbo i said thats good...But i have no idea what he uses for the cold side..does that really matter if he goes with a cheaper brand cold side?...i think the Hot side is more important no?...then he also said i need a good Blow thru MAF which brand should i use?...thanks for any help...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 03:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I would not be suprised if he gets the coldside off ebay, then makes his own. Just refrains from telling people this because they would think it to be junk. There is nothing wrong if so. The majority of us use ebay coldside kits. I do and have for years.

88lx Conv. 200K mile stock longblock. Trickflow intake, 42lb inj, Pmas protube,TKO500, 3:27, pypes muffs, Pa Racing tubluar K-member, DIY single turbo setup. Summit aluminum rad, Crane Hi-fire ign, subfames, 17" sc saleen's, Saleen ground effects, SCT tune by Dynosport. 380HP 435ftbs.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swing View Post
I would not be suprised if he gets the coldside off ebay, then makes his own. Just refrains from telling people this because they would think it to be junk. There is nothing wrong if so. The majority of us use ebay coldside kits. I do and have for years.
So basicaly the hotside is important and good that he is using a good brand but for the cold side it is kinda ok to use a little lesser one?..Well thats good to know...lol...

Turbo installed!!!!
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 05:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
It has nothing to do with a "lesser one". Cold side only has pressurized air going through it. Its nothing more than a coldair intake, what are those made of. The hot side will see exhaust, fuel, water, oil, 1700* temps, and not to mention exspantion and contracting of parts. The materal for the hotside will need to withstand much more abuse. You can get a coldside ebay kit made out of 3" aluminum tubing with everything you need for $120-$150 and that includes an intercooler sometimes. All I was saying is, if he were to tell people he gets the coldside from ebay they would assume it to be poor quality work. He may not even get it off ebay.

88lx Conv. 200K mile stock longblock. Trickflow intake, 42lb inj, Pmas protube,TKO500, 3:27, pypes muffs, Pa Racing tubluar K-member, DIY single turbo setup. Summit aluminum rad, Crane Hi-fire ign, subfames, 17" sc saleen's, Saleen ground effects, SCT tune by Dynosport. 380HP 435ftbs.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Oh ok i gotta ya now..thanks for the info....

Turbo installed!!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 08:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Same here, I'm running a 3inch Ebay coldside. Works great and was nicely priced. As for a MAF, go with PMAS. I run one of their's and I know many others with one in a blow-though setup, it just works great.

'88 LX -New mill coming soon.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMike View Post
Same here, I'm running a 3inch Ebay coldside. Works great and was nicely priced. As for a MAF, go with PMAS. I run one of their's and I know many others with one in a blow-though setup, it just works great.
Thanks for the info...thats good to know.....

Turbo installed!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement