Boost limits of 93 octane? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-19-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (43)
Boost limits of 93 octane?

Recently went to the track and was running 93 octane and 14psi of boost and all was well with the passes. Tried to get my AMS500 to ramp boost in second gear but had issue with the controller all night(My fault im sure). Decided to induce a small vaccum leak in the signal line to the waste gate via a vacuum T. When I came out of the hole the boost spiked to 21psi and it popped through the intake badly! I got out of the throttle and backed into easily and it did it again this time blowing the one of the intake charge pipes off. Obviously the "Small" signal leak to the waste gate was larger than expected and as I was only looking for 3 or 4 more pounds of boost I found 7lbs! My question is after reading the data which I logged in my FAST the Air/Fuel was 12.0 to 1 and timing was 19 degrees, why did it pop back through the intake? The plugs are Autolite 3923 racing gapped @ .025 with a MSD 6al ignition system. Any Ideas?

358 cid Dart block (8.2 deck) foxlake ported Victor Jr's
Victor 5.0 Anderson b4 cam BBK long tubes TKO 600
Anderson Motorsports YSI 8/2.95 10 rib setup
755RWHP @ 6750 RPM'S on pump gas & meth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement