'93 eBay TT Notch, Dyno'd - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
'93 eBay TT Notch, Dyno'd

Here's my original thread...https://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1004319

It's been a long journey, but the car is finally fully tuned. Since my last update in the other thread, I discovered one of the Ramcharger fans I had was bad, so I went with a MarkVIII fan with 8g wiring and a 75A relay. I also went with Accel Extreme 9000 plug wires w/ ceramic boots after burning 3 Ford Racing wires, one bad enough to drop a cylinder.

Here's how it performed on the dyno:

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...tchDynoVid.flv

I'm happy with that. I'll be headed to the track tomorrow to get some REAL numbers.

SOLD, but not forgotten... '93 Reef Blue LX Notch, 286/292... Tuned by Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-14-2010, 02:34 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
wow great build! good luck with your times!

post #3 of 15 Old 05-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Trader Feedback: (21)
looking good man

NY
92 Red Notch 5spd w/ B&G Kit Powered by MS2 V3 running Extra Code-----SOLD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-16-2010, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Well, ~4 hrs each way with the car on a trailer to find out the clutch wouldn't hold all that torque on sticky tires. I'm still running the clutch that was in the car when I bought it, which was only supporting simple bolt-ons like CAI and shorty headers. I think it's a King Cobra clutch, but I'm not sure. Now I've got to figure out which clutch to go with and have the stock T-5 beefed up a little while it's out.

Here's a vid of the horrific pass...
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...oughclutch.flv

SOLD, but not forgotten... '93 Reef Blue LX Notch, 286/292... Tuned by Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics
post #5 of 15 Old 05-17-2010, 07:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (21)
Sonic I have about 490 at the the wheels and alittle over 500 at the flywheel and the king
Cobra is holdin up for me so far on its 3rd season w the turbo kit.u can give that a go it was also the same clutch I was using when I was na with the h/i/c setup as well so it has about 2000 miles on it b 4 the turbo

NY
92 Red Notch 5spd w/ B&G Kit Powered by MS2 V3 running Extra Code-----SOLD!
post #6 of 15 Old 05-18-2010, 03:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (35)
Looks good

Been out of the game since 2011.. looking to get back in in 2019
post #7 of 15 Old 05-18-2010, 04:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
my friend tom installed this kit on a black notchback.with tfs heads eddy rpm intake and an ecam made [email protected] TO THE TIRES WITH A 5-SPEED,2years and still going..went [email protected] with a c-4
post #8 of 15 Old 05-20-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtman View Post
Sonic I have about 490 at the the wheels and alittle over 500 at the flywheel and the king
Cobra is holdin up for me so far on its 3rd season w the turbo kit.u can give that a go it was also the same clutch I was using when I was na with the h/i/c setup as well so it has about 2000 miles on it b 4 the turbo
Hmmm, I don't know if I have a King Cobra in there or not, then. I was leaning toward the McLeod Super StreetPro with a new stock-replacement flywheel (to save some coin). My clutch may have just been worn out though (no idea how many miles were on it) because on the middle hook of the quadrant, I had the firewall adjuster all the way out and the clutch still grabbed near the floor, which made shifting very notchy and tougher at high rpm. But, when I switched to the last hook, the pedal was all the way at the top even with the firewall adjuster all the way in.

post #9 of 15 Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Rich Gill, thanks!

Whitemach, it'll be interesting to see how long this kit and turbos last. People knock the Chinese stuff pretty hard, but if it works, it works. If I don't end up selling the car, I may build a 331 with AFR 205s on it and see what this kit will do on that combo.

post #10 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 PM

I really like that tt setup do you remember what ebay user you got them from? and about how much? thx!

post #11 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanus View Post
I really like that tt setup do you remember what ebay user you got them from? and about how much? thx!
If you search "Mustang twin turbo kit" in eBay Motors, a bunch will pop up right away. Some vendors sell a kit that comes with all kinds of crap for $1000 and others sell a more basic kit for a bit less. But, none of the vendors sell the kit with downpipes... you'll have to make/have those made.

Now some free, albeit unsolicited advice on this kit...

Pros: makes good power (like most turbo kits that are actually running), spools up quickly, looks kinda bitchin under the hood.

Cons: headers are a realy PIA to deal with (very tight clearance on a few bolts), routing your driver side downpipe will be tough and you may have to go with manual brakes (like I did), the intercooler that comes with the kit is useless and a big restriction (I went to an eBay special 32x12x3 and it works great), you'll have to relocate your battery, you have to get an aftermarket alternator bracket, the driver side header/downpipe interfere with the clutch cable (if you have a manual tranny) and dipstick, the passenger side header touches an a/c line (if you still have it).

If I had to do it over again, I'd buy the twin turbo headers from B&G and piece everything else together from the stuff on eBay, including the turbos.

post #12 of 15 Old 05-26-2010, 04:15 PM

thanks for the advice, the issues with the downpipes; making them, losing power brakes, ac interference are kinda big issues for me. But you are right it definitely looks bitchin, haha and Im sure it spools super quick. Well kinda leaning towards the on3 kit, idk, still waiting for some feedback on the new mild steel hotsides.
post #13 of 15 Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Knowing what I know now, if the On3 kit had been available when I bought this kit, I would have gone with the On3. The single turbo might take longer to spool, but is more simple to work with, and will still make good power. I'm not sure where all the singles spool, but my car is at full boost by 3400 rpm, so that could be a slight advantage to go with twins.
post #14 of 15 Old 05-29-2010, 02:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (66)
nice man... what ignition are you running. where in lake elsinore are you? I lived there for awhile and never bumped into you. ***EDIT** nevermind just read thru your original post!!

Last edited by 91redmustang; 05-29-2010 at 02:28 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 05-29-2010, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redmustang View Post
nice man... what ignition are you running. where in lake elsinore are you? I lived there for awhile and never bumped into you. ***EDIT** nevermind just read thru your original post!!
I updated that thread with the latest pics.

I'm in one of the newer housing developments off Grand & McVicker Canyon Park Rd.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement