Help With Ideas For Next Turbo Combination - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Help With Ideas For Next Turbo Combination

My car is already built to the nutz except for the stock block, I hear 347 is not the way to go when your running lots of boost, instead 331 is the way...but 331's make no power on their own which was why i was leaning towards a turbocharged 408W, I wanted to have power before boost came on which would mean better longevity since I would not be reving as high.

if you had 6-7$k to build an engine capable of running around 750WHP whith boost what would it be?

* block
* bore/stroke
* CR
* internals
* heads ex/int cc's? ( im leaning towards some big TW heads)

and in the end what size turbo is gonna be the sweet spot for the chosen combo? small twins with more displacement or bigger single with less?

Xbox 360- SprocketX2 COD All Day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
ive asked almost the same question only got one opinion weather i should go the route your going or mod motor.

i would recommend dart sportman block all forged balanced internals and tw heads 200 or so. your single 76 should be fine. i think i would want to stay single
what do you want to use this car for race or street and some race.

92 gt
Old setup: 100% stock w/ turbo 10.80 @ 126
post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2010, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechols155 View Post
ive asked almost the same question only got one opinion weather i should go the route your going or mod motor.

i would recommend dart sportman block all forged balanced internals and tw heads 200 or so. your single 76 should be fine. i think i would want to stay single
what do you want to use this car for race or street and some race.
i hear you brutha, there is alot of good guys over on turbomustangs who have given me lots of good ideas, I just want to make tons of power before the boost comes on, I think i will go with a dart block and do something like a 363ci. with a 80mm precision turbo.

Xbox 360- SprocketX2 COD All Day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement