OBX EXTERNAL INLINE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP 1600HP EFI - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-06-2010, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
OBX EXTERNAL INLINE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP 1600HP EFI

any one here use this pump any good? here is the link for it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I will probably try one since i don't think I will be getting the A1000 I bought on here...

however they come with a LIFETIME warranty from OBX, not 30 days like that guy is saying. Also, I have only seen the 1700HP and 2100HP pumps myself...

post #3 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-schutte View Post
I will probably try one since i don't think I will be getting the A1000 I bought on here...

however they come with a LIFETIME warranty from OBX, not 30 days like that guy is saying. Also, I have only seen the 1700HP and 2100HP pumps myself...
yea i want to get one cause its cheap but at the same time dont want junk that wont last
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 AM

Trader Feedback: (22)
Do you REALLY think OBX makes a reliable fuel pump and that it flows enough for 1600hp and is ONLY $200. Last I checked OBX made alot of cheap (quality) import parts or is OBX racing different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.cleanfeetpetcleanup.com/cats
post #5 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatnipples2002 View Post
Do you REALLY think OBX makes a reliable fuel pump and that it flows enough for 1600hp and is ONLY $200. Last I checked OBX made alot of cheap (quality) import parts or is OBX racing different.
i have no clue thats why im asking.i heard it a knock off of the aeromotive
post #6 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Quote:
i ran an OBX stainless exhaust on my volvo till i got rear ended. it was nice... all polished stainless. welds were very nice, the polished finish was good, the v band clamps left something to be desired though, and the fitment was good. ive heard they have REALLY stepped things up in the last few years. alot of the lightning guys are running OBX headers now also

DT Racing and Fabrication

Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! in da 6's with the chutes out before the 1000'
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
post #7 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTthis798 View Post
i ran an OBX stainless exhaust on my volvo till i got rear ended. it was nice... all polished stainless. welds were very nice, the polished finish was good, the v band clamps left something to be desired though, and the fitment was good. ive heard they have REALLY stepped things up in the last few years. alot of the lightning guys are running OBX headers now also
yea i hear some of there stuff is good.i just dont want to use there fuel system and the pump goes out and run the motor clean and mess something up.i have alot of money into this build.
post #8 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 AM

I say just grab a Walbro 255 high pressure or a Bosch 044. Bosch 044 should support about 600 and the walbro about 500.

post #9 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I say just grab a Walbro 255 high pressure or a Bosch 044. Bosch 044 should support about 600 and the walbro about 500.
see thats just it im going to be making over 600.right now i have a walbro 255 intank pump and a t-rex inline pump and have been told by many people thats not going to work that i will be making to much power for thoes 2 pumps
post #10 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 01:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
03 cobra tank... fore triple pump hat converted for return system and 3 255's should handle what your going to throw at it...

-10 feed lines
-6 return

DT Racing and Fabrication

Crew Chief
Roche Racing engines Billet headed windsor! in da 6's with the chutes out before the 1000'
my car-88lx- 408" stock block gangster!!!
post #11 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 01:22 PM

a set of dual walbro 255's will do the job for sure and some. those pumps are built to last and are not as noisy as other pumps. + they are cheap too. just make sure they are the real walbro and not refurbished.
post #12 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 PM

Why not just upgrade the inline t-rex to a 044? It flows more than a Walbro and in my opinion more reliable.

post #13 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Why not just upgrade the inline t-rex to a 044? It flows more than a Walbro and in my opinion more reliable.
they are close to each other when it comes to performance, but where they are different is price. an 044 is 200.00 and a 255lph is 109.00 with mounting hardware. these 2 pumps are one of the best out there that have been tested time after time in several applications. i'am not knocking the bosch pump, but for the the price if he is in a budget walbro wont fail him. i know allot of guys running dual walbro 255 GSL392's putting 900RWHP in boosted applications not having any issues. just my opinion.
post #14 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM

I can understand that.

post #15 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
I think it would be cool if a magazine built a powerful street strip machine using any/all available ebay stuff! turbos, blowoffs, headers, wastegates, intercoolers, aftercoolers, you name it. list all of the install headaches, initial problems, quality issues, etc... tune, dyno, and run the car. Utilize the car in a daily driver scenario for a year or so documenting any/all issues encountered, and give a comprehensive analysis at the end for everyone to make their decisions on. the Chinese seem to be making leaps and bounds being able to use advanced cad/cam engineering to closely duplicate high end components (albeit out of inferior materials but still). It would be interesting to see just how inexpensively you could build a car. I know the merits of buying the absolute best parts, number one for longevity, but half the time longevity don't mean squat as my combo changes so often, and I usually sell my "brand new condition" high dollar parts for pennies on the dollar. If I knew I could get the Ebay stuff to work long enough till my combo changes again, I would simply throw my "brand new condition" cheapo parts back on ebay and do something else. Something to ponder anyway..... Going for another beer now guys I'm done babbling.... LOL...

AARON
_______
post #16 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by botlrokit93 View Post
I think it would be cool if a magazine built a powerful street strip machine using any/all available ebay stuff! turbos, blowoffs, headers, wastegates, intercoolers, aftercoolers, you name it. list all of the install headaches, initial problems, quality issues, etc... tune, dyno, and run the car. Utilize the car in a daily driver scenario for a year or so documenting any/all issues encountered, and give a comprehensive analysis at the end for everyone to make their decisions on. the Chinese seem to be making leaps and bounds being able to use advanced cad/cam engineering to closely duplicate high end components (albeit out of inferior materials but still). It would be interesting to see just how inexpensively you could build a car. I know the merits of buying the absolute best parts, number one for longevity, but half the time longevity don't mean squat as my combo changes so often, and I usually sell my "brand new condition" high dollar parts for pennies on the dollar. If I knew I could get the Ebay stuff to work long enough till my combo changes again, I would simply throw my "brand new condition" cheapo parts back on ebay and do something else. Something to ponder anyway..... Going for another beer now guys I'm done babbling.... LOL...
that would be nice but all the big companys would pay them not to do it.lol
post #17 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st pete chad View Post
LOL... could be a fun Corral project... I mean this site has more "pull" than the major mags. Not tryin' to compromise the big hitter companies or anything, but you have to admit that there are plenty of "knockoff" products out there, and it would be interesting to see what could actually be made by utilizing all of them together. I mean the big BIG dogs are using "top shelf" products and services. I see "mid" dogs using big money parts and mixed support and services... how about using what most Corralers like to call import-junk parts and top notch support and services and comphehensively evaluate just how good or how bad these parts really are. If i'm going to compete on a serious level and have connections I will run the best, but how close to the "best" can the "overseas" actually get? I'm def. all for Made in the US, don't get me wrong... I'm at this point just curious just what kind of chicken salad you can make from chicken #####. kinda interesting..... more beer...

AARON
_______
post #18 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botlrokit93 View Post
LOL... could be a fun Corral project... I mean this site has more "pull" than the major mags. Not tryin' to compromise the big hitter companies or anything, but you have to admit that there are plenty of "knockoff" products out there, and it would be interesting to see what could actually be made by utilizing all of them together. I mean the big BIG dogs are using "top shelf" products and services. I see "mid" dogs using big money parts and mixed support and services... how about using what most Corralers like to call import-junk parts and top notch support and services and comphehensively evaluate just how good or how bad these parts really are. If i'm going to compete on a serious level and have connections I will run the best, but how close to the "best" can the "overseas" actually get? I'm def. all for Made in the US, don't get me wrong... I'm at this point just curious just what kind of chicken salad you can make from chicken #####. kinda interesting..... more beer...
i cant agree with you more, but just remember those big shot high end companies like roush and shelby, currie enterprises, tial, etc. started just like all the rest of these guys, cheap labor, imported materials, and electronics. did you know that more than 80% of our steel is manufactured overseas. its amazing how a macro economics class will open your eyes. we import almost everything. thats why when you buy something that says made in america, you have to think twice as to if that is really the truth.
post #19 of 21 Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 PM

Just go to honda-swap, honda-tech or super honda. Think about it. Most young kids in these cars can't get credit and/or don't have the money for a "quality" build. So they try these parts. Many ebay parts were hit and miss at 1st. NOW alot of kids are making good power out of these ebay setups. I could care less about "Made in America". I shop at Wal-mart, I buy generic drugs, I buy generic groceries. Hell most do but then they are too good for "generic car parts". Just like with anything sometimes you gotta take a gamble ON SOME PARTS. I run an ebay bov, intercooler, cold pipes, couplers and t-clamps, but I also run a turbonetics wastegate. Professional products is an example of an ebay manifold. Might need cleaning up, but people make killer power with them. "Made in America" should really read "Made with imported materials, half assembled then completely assembled in America". I check those sites for their "R&D" experiences.

Last edited by goatnipples2002; 04-07-2010 at 11:01 PM.
post #20 of 21 Old 04-08-2010, 12:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st pete chad View Post
Yep, because then everyone would realize that companies like Granatelli are marking up the same parts 600 percent....LOL

94 GT Vert - R347 - B&G w/PT76GTS - T56M - AEM w/LS2 Coils - 575/601tq @ 10Psi
post #21 of 21 Old 04-08-2010, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Yep, because then everyone would realize that companies like Granatelli are marking up the same parts 600 percent....LOL
good example here.i remember master power being junk when it came out.a 76mm was like 450 now the same turbo is 700+ and alot of people use master power.i know a guy with twin 76mm on a supra making 1000+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement