EGR and Turbo? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (14)
EGR and Turbo?

How many of you newer mustang guys running EGR with your turbo? My hoses keep blowing off my DPFE sensor...which makes me wonder it the drive pressure on the exhaust side is also blowing the egr valve open as well.

1992 2V Notch
S-Trim 14lbs
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I have a 98 Cobra with a turbo and EGR. The backpressure on mine melted the hell out of the sensor. I had to plug the hoses going to it. I'm not sure if it was blowing past the EGR valve, but between that and the air injection setup there sure are alot of places with the potential to leak high pressure exhaust. I'm in the process of deleting the EGR while my motor is out of the car.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-31-2009, 01:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (13)
My next motor that ####ing EGR will be delete for sure, Now I hate hate hate egr.

Voodoo racing innovation built 4v , powerglide, borg warner s475 at 29psi, custome turbo kit , pro efi ecu, Aeromotive fuel pump, aeromotive fuel rails, id 1000 injectors, e85. Best to date 1.36 60'
Best pass to date 8.92 at 156mph. Best 1/8 mile 5.6at 127 mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT View Post
I have a 98 Cobra with a turbo and EGR. The backpressure on mine melted the hell out of the sensor. I had to plug the hoses going to it. I'm not sure if it was blowing past the EGR valve, but between that and the air injection setup there sure are alot of places with the potential to leak high pressure exhaust. I'm in the process of deleting the EGR while my motor is out of the car.
Yea I kinda wondered...most turbo kits that come with new headers don't even have a provision for EGR tubes. So mine is coming off! Besides I live in FL...we don't care about the enviroment Evident by our lack of emissions testing...which I'm not complaining one bit!

1992 2V Notch
S-Trim 14lbs
[email protected]
post #5 of 5 Old 09-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I beleive the egr setup doesnt cause any major problems, but def effects the performance, i just made a block off plate for the egr on the intake plenium/manifold, and it def' runs alot better, and gave me better drivability.

I thought the same thing, the egr was opening up under boost, either the exhaust blowin in the intake, or the boost blowin out into the exhaust.

Eventually im gonna take the whole system off, i was just kinda holdin out, cuz up here in P.A certain citys do emssions,(N.J is the worst) and i only live and hour away from a couple major citys that do emssions now, so im affraid there gonna start doin it in my town, but ahhh screw it, im gonna take it all off anyway, theres always some fly-by-nite garage that'll put anything thru inspection with the help of a six pack of coors around here. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement