boost controller problem - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
boost controller problem

i have a boost controller i have a engine vaccum line going down to the bov and then i have a vaccum line going from wastegate to turbo.
i have another place to hook a vaccum line to the waste gate for my boost controller but where does the other line go from boost controller

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
The BOV should have a vaccum/boost refernce line connected to it coming from the Intake Manifold.

The Wastegate should have a seperate boost refernce line connected to it that is coming from the turbo compressor housing. This line should be connected to the bottom port on the wastegate.

To connect the boost controller, tee into the line connected between the wategate and turbo and run it to the "in" port on the controller. Then run a line from the "out" port of the controller to the port on the top of the wastegate.

Hope this helps!

Jason

post #3 of 5 Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (19)
"Then run a line from the "out" port of the controller to the port on the top of the wastegate.

Hope this helps"

Vacuum line to bottom port of wastegate, top is left open to atmosphere if using manual controller.

One owner 50,000 miles Dart 363, oliver rods, Karl's East Coast custom Y2k 82mm turbonetics, TW stage 2 Fox Lake, PMS, Victor intake, PMAS custom pipe for 85 lb/hr inj. T56 Magnum 6 speed w/Spec3+,756 rwhp 746 tq (pump gas, 14psi, 20*) 840 rwhp 848 tq (race gas, 16.5psi, 20*) SOLD
-2014GT/CS

Last edited by danny carvalho; 09-09-2009 at 05:17 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny carvalho View Post
"Then run a line from the "out" port of the controller to the port on the top of the wastegate.

Hope this helps"

Vacuum line to bottom port of wastegate, top is left open to atmosphere if using manual controller.

I've seen some manual boost controllers that operate in that fashion, but they usually don't work very well. The Turbonetics and HKS VBC style manual boost controllers work very well and are plumbed into the top port. I guess I should have asked what kind of controller.

Here's a good diagram.

http://turboneticsinc.com/forum/turbos/mbcinstall.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement