80mm garage built kit finally hit the dyno.... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (8)
80mm garage built kit finally hit the dyno....

Here is a link to the original build thread. The car is 95% together. I have to install a relay and do for some wiring. I also need to get the torque boxes welded up and adjust the suspension. Hopefully this weekend I can get all that done. Then I can hit the track.

This past Monday I took the car to Kurgan Motorsports to get a base line tune. Bob has a Dynojet 224x but not the eddy current set up yet. So it is a non load dyno right now. I was not worried about power numbers. My goal for the session was to make sure every thing was in working order, get a good base tune and to set up the AEM to control the boost pressure via the wastegate. We always start with a base tune on the dyno and do final timing at the track.

The AEM EMS can control a solenoid that opens and closes with duty cycle. This solenoid can be fed by compressed co2. This is then sent to the top of the wastegate to control the boost. So we started at 9.5psi of boost on the wastegate spring and went all the way up to 25psi with the EMS & co2. I must say I really like the EMS. It worked flawlessly and was easy to use. Money well spent there.

We made several runs just adjusting the duty cycle on the wastegate solenoid and the line pressure of the co2. Timing was left safe and the a/f map needed small tweaks as it was real close on all the passes. His base fuel map had it real close right from the start. The most o2 correction we saw on any of the passes was 5%. So he made small tweaks to the fuel map and drove the car. Easy day for him. haha The turbo seems to work real well in higher boost levels. I think when we really push it at the track it is going to run some good numbers. Anyways the last pass resulted in 706hp and 618tq. We didn't add any timing at all. We just ran out of time. Bob thinks there is another 50hp or so left in it with more timing. And more load may help out as well. I hope the weather clears up here in the next week or so. I will have some track times as well.

Bob also wanted to see how the turbo spooled on the trans brake. After a short drive to tune some driveability we stopped and engaged the trans brake. With in 2 seconds it made 12#+ and was climbing fast! No issue there! haha I think with the 3 step hooked up running the car in a Pro Tree class will be no issue at all.

Here is a quick clip I put together as some local guys were asking what it sounded like.

http://s493.photobucket.com/albums/r...noVid_0002.flv

Mike 1986 Capri street car w/ a/c, p/s & p/w
Custom built T6 80mm s400sx based kit Shaunthony's built (Twin Trouble and Anthony Fury)
9.31 @ 146 1.39 60' on drag radials @ 3735# Kurgan tuned AEM EMS
80mm 718rwhp new 88mm 921rwhp No new track times yet

Last edited by 331merc; 08-27-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (25)
NICE Numbers. Cant wait to make that kind of power. What does 700+ feel like on the street.

They say what goes up must come down but I ain't reached my cruising altitude.
Take a look at what I did but can you imagine what I'm about to do.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
JUNK!!!! lol no wait. that would be my kit.

Bullitt5317
Sponsored Links
Advertisement