Combo Help - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-19-2009, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (-1)
Combo Help

So guys iam doing a build and i have been reading around..i wanna stick with a stock block this is going to a bit of a budget build and i need all the help i can get.. stock 302,heads,cam,intake,injectors,and 12lbs is what i wanna run on my dd car..what is the best combo? and iam looking to get atleast 400whp.. the pistons can thay b stock? forged?what ab compression? also heads? gt40p or twisted wedge heads? upper and lower intake ne suggestions? please help me out guys lol thanks alott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
you can make 400whp with stock heads, ive done a little of both so far .... a stock motor 62mm set up and a h/c/i 62mm.

you can stick with the stock shoft block and make good power, if its got some mileage on it you can always throw some rings and bearings in there.

if your set on getting heads id say some trickflow heads , stock cam and holley systemax intake .

1990 Notchback stock bottom end , TW's , F cam , Systemax and 66mm in the works.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
+1, bone stock 5.0 will make 400+rwhp at 10-12psi.

If engine is running good, i'd just leave it alone and throw some boost
at it for your wanted power level.

Maybe later throw an intake and some TW heads on later if you're itching
for little more power and want to throw some money at the car.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep sitting down and voting on whats for lunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildc18 View Post
So guys iam doing a build and i have been reading around..i wanna stick with a stock block this is going to a bit of a budget build and i need all the help i can get.. stock 302,heads,cam,intake,injectors,and 12lbs is what i wanna run on my dd car..what is the best combo? and iam looking to get atleast 400whp.. the pistons can thay b stock? forged?what ab compression? also heads? gt40p or twisted wedge heads? upper and lower intake ne suggestions? please help me out guys lol thanks alott
A tried and true combo is a stock rebuilt shortblock along with twisted wedge heads and and a performer or street heat intake. Throw in some 9333 gaskets, some decent ARP studs and the turbo kit of your choice and you can damn near ink in ~ 500rwhp with 8-10lbs of boost. Of course, you’ll be needing 42lb injectors, 255hp intank pump, matching MAF (or a big lightning meter) and a tune.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
Sponsored Links
Advertisement