Stumbling, sputtering & popping..... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (15)
Stumbling, sputtering & popping.....

I'm trying to get this thing in the ballpark with no really issues so I can take it to the tuner and add some boost but the thing keeps Stumbling, sputtering & popping in the 2-3k range but once it gets some boost flowing its stops the sputtering & popping. Its REALLY bad when I first start it in the morning....

I'm using a PMAS 3" pro tube and 5 PSI as of right now I'm at 6* timing and 39 PSI FP I tried bumping up the timing and the FP but it didn't seem to do much...

1993 Notch: Mexican 347 Hellion TFS heads/GT40 intake/Custom Cam Tremec 3550
1992 GT Convert: Green/Blk interior, 10th anniversary cobra's mostly suspension mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FB users please, PLEASE click "like" button. Thanks!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-09-2009, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

It seems to run better when I reset the computer but it always comes back....

So today I pulled my plugs (3924's) to see where they were gaped, they were all at about 35 so I bought them down to 30

Here are plugs 5,6,7,8:

1992 GT Convert: Green/Blk interior, 10th anniversary cobra's mostly suspension mods.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
What gas are you running? My car does the same thing in the morning or afternoon when its cool out. Once the car warms up it seems to go away. lidio also tuned my tt cobra, guy knows his stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-09-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

I'm running 93 pump. Yeah I've heard good things about lidio, but I'm leaning towards Walsh Motor Sports in Wixom which I have heard good things about as well and they car less of a drive for me to get to.

post #5 of 5 Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Have you tried clocking the mass air meter? also id recommend running a colder plug and closing the gap just a little bit more. On just the stock ignition i was getting spark blowout around 4k and up gapped at even .028". I have the 3923's from autolite for my aluminum tw which is supposed to be good to 550rwhp on boost. Try bumping timing up just a bit. 6 seems low esp if you are running it with the spout out. If all else fails set it to about 20 degrees and leave the spout connector out. Thats what I did untill I hooked up my xpi timing lock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement