TT T3 5.0 manifold with external wastegate - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
TT T3 5.0 manifold with external wastegate

I cant seem to find anyone who makes a set of twin turbo manifolds for a 5.0 that are flanged for an external wastegate.

I was recently given a Garrett T04E(50 Trim) in trade for some time and parts. I was thinking of picking up a second one and TTing my 5.0 RX7, but I cant seem to find the manifolds I need.

btlfed7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Registered User
 
jman511115's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Buffalo Ny
Posts: 196
That turbo might be a bit big for a twin turbo 5.0. Did you consider mounting them low and making your own extension pipe from the manifolds to the turbine housing?


64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

NRA member and you should be too! It's about more than just the guns. Join here.
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=FrdmAssoc
jman511115 is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman511115 View Post
That turbo might be a bit big for a twin turbo 5.0. Did you consider mounting them low and making your own extension pipe from the manifolds to the turbine housing?
So its to small for a single, but to big for a twin....great

I would love to make an extension myself, but my welding sucks(I am getting better)
btlfed7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ft. Collins Co.
Posts: 29
It's not necessarily too big for a twin. It depends on if it's a true to4 or if it's a hybred. a t3-4 in a 50 trim is still a pretty small turbo only capable of about 450 ish hp in single form at full tilt boogie. Twins would work very well but might not land in their effiency range for the boost level you want to run. If all else buy another and try it. If it dosent work there will be a line of 4cyl guys looking to buy them up.
hamstang is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstang View Post
It's not necessarily too big for a twin. It depends on if it's a true to4 or if it's a hybred. a t3-4 in a 50 trim is still a pretty small turbo only capable of about 450 ish hp in single form at full tilt boogie. Twins would work very well but might not land in their effiency range for the boost level you want to run. If all else buy another and try it. If it dosent work there will be a line of 4cyl guys looking to buy them up.
It is a 50 Trim T3/T4 hybrid, not a true to4. I dont want to start shopping around until I can find someone that makes a set of T3 flanged twin manifold with external wastegates.

You say the turbo can handle 450ish HP? I am only shooting for about 300-350. But I was thinking this turbo would not flow enough to efficiently reach that in single form. Maybe my math was wrong, and I need to redo it.
btlfed7 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Call Brian over at B&G and he should be able to hook you up with something.

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
millhouse is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
Call Brian over at B&G and he should be able to hook you up with something.
Do you have a website or contact number, my google fu seems to be weak on this one.
btlfed7 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Tx.
Posts: 4,744
Get some $100 used BBK shorties and flip them around.
$180 cut-off saw and $300 mini-welder.

Just tac it together and take it up to let a good welder to finish.

It's incredibly easy to do

Twin's of what you have would be perfect.
Build kit up for cheap and have some cool tools left over
Can clue you into where to buy all the flanges and such.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep sitting down and voting on whats for lunch.
r.barn is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered User
 
millhouse's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (9)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by btlfed7 View Post
Do you have a website or contact number, my google fu seems to be weak on this one.
http://bgturbokits.com/store/
millhouse is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 07-28-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.barn View Post
Get some $100 used BBK shorties and flip them around.
$180 cut-off saw and $300 mini-welder.

Just tac it together and take it up to let a good welder to finish.

It's incredibly easy to do

Twin's of what you have would be perfect.
Build kit up for cheap and have some cool tools left over
Can clue you into where to buy all the flanges and such.
I will look into that, and thanks for the PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
.
Thanks for the link

btlfed7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who's running a vented external wastegate? 357poweredstang Turbochargers 25 08-08-2009 03:25 PM
FS: Turbo manifold, wastegate, blowoff valve, & injectors ALblown50 Power Adders 23 07-18-2009 10:13 PM
New 50MM external wastegate merc460 Power Adders 9 11-29-2008 01:22 PM
WTB: 96-98 KENNE BELL. OPEN HOUSE MANIFOLD. AND TOP MOUNT MANIFOLD. WHAT YA GOT? The Red Monster Power Adders 2 05-25-2008 11:00 PM
internal or external wastegate? 94cobra2615 Turbochargers 1 12-08-2003 01:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome