Ford Mustang Forums banner

SN95 twin turbo build

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bccoupe 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I contemplated twins but ultimately settled on BG Custom Turbo's 94-95 single kit that I had upgraded here and there.

I was told twins generally will refer to twice the cost and headaches. I do not know how true that is and don't plan on finding out.

A lot will depend on how much you are willing to modify to make a system work with twins I can imagine it would require twice the modifications.

Will you be using factory 94-95 front accessories and what will you keep (A/C, PS etc.)

#3 ·
The a/c on the car is gone and the p/s can be to if it gets in the way. The car will be a street/strip car so p/s is not a must! How do you like the bg kit and what all did you upgrade? Right now i am comparing BG vs. pony down vs. a twin setup. I like the twin to be unique but i dont want a huge head ache!

#4 ·
I chose Brian at BG for his stellar reputation, quick replies to emails even at extremely odd hours (I don’t think he sleeps, at all) and his up front-here it is attitude.

I went with the stage 1 kit but changed from the Master Power t70 to a Precision T76. I went with the 50mm bov and 44mm waste gate and aluminum cold side (wich may be on the market as I build my own after changing to a drivers side throttle body).

Heck his kits come with blue silicone connections and way back in our emails I asked for Black, when the kit came to the house there were Black connectors without me reminding him. Speaks for his ability to follow thru.

My build is a street car so it had to retain p/s and a/c (Texas heat you know).

You will be able to make more than enough power with a single turbo. If you are willing to forgo the p/s the sky is the limit for you though. Switch to Fox front dressing and a electric remote water pump and you will have all sorts of room.

#5 ·
turbo

i've got some turbos and other related stuff i'd like to swap or sell for an awesome price....let me know if you want anymore details
Thanks
Joel

#7 ·
roughly 8 weeks, I didn't really count, my only requirement to him was that I had it before a block of leave started in April and it was there in March.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.