New Dyno Results!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-04-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (62)
New Dyno Results!!

Shew, what a time I've had with the little problems with this car but I FINALLY got them all figured out. Here is the combo:

Stock bottom end
TFS heads
Stock Cam
1.72 Roller Rockers
Exploder Intake
70mm TB
Hellion Kit with a MP T70 .68 exhaust housing
#42 injectors
GSS340 intank pump
-Edit-
Pump gas
11.2 AFR up top

One issue I had was I'm getting some boost creep, the car creeps the entire pull to 13psi max. I made a 19* total timing pull and a 20* total timing pull, I've never noticed the car creeping before so I need to make sure it does it on the street and not only just the dyno. Anyways, with the car creeping to 13psi it's not getting the full benefit of "13psi" like it would if it spooled to 13psi and held it. So my question is, is 19/20* total timing too much for a car that's hitting 13psi right before the shift point(way past peak torque, so having timing up there shouldn't be as bad as if it was holding 13psi the entire time correct?)

Anyways:
19* total timing - 485hp/609
20* total timing - 506hp/612

Graph:

-Dave
1992 Mustang GT

Last edited by Meangrn92GT; 07-04-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (10)
what was the problem? Im glad that you finally got it figured out!! if its not pinging, run the 20deg... if the air charge gets warm, my tune pulls some timing up top!

PLEASE EMAIL --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- DO NOT PM for prices or tuning!

815-669-RACE (7223) <--- Sales

Please visit our e-store --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---

Chicagolands largest Vortech dealer since 2006!

We stock many parts! If you dont see it, just ask!

Before you buy ANY mustang part, give us a chance. We accept mastercard and visa.
Authorized SCT, AEM, Diablosport, Vortech, Paxton, BS3, FAST, UPR, PA Racing, Harland Sharp, Team Z, GMS, Trickflow, Kooks, and MANY MORE!

post #3 of 9 Old 07-04-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Bob,

The cam was off a tooth.lol When I put it in I thought to myself, that thing looks a tooth off but thought I may of been worrying too much. I pulled the engine out to fix a few things(leaking oil pan gasket and weld fitting in the oil pan) and decided to pop the timing cover off just to be sure. What do you know, there it was, sitting one tooth off the entire time. Oh well, it was worth the time to pull the engine out because I'm making 500hp and have zero oil leaks etc.

Thanks for the assurance on the 20* tune, I may run the 19* tune around town and then switch it over to the 20* tune for the track just to be a little easier on it. Thanks again Bob!

-Dave
1992 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-04-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meangrn92GT View Post
Bob,

The cam was off a tooth.lol When I put it in I thought to myself, that thing looks a tooth off but thought I may of been worrying too much. I pulled the engine out to fix a few things(leaking oil pan gasket and weld fitting in the oil pan) and decided to pop the timing cover off just to be sure. What do you know, there it was, sitting one tooth off the entire time. Oh well, it was worth the time to pull the engine out because I'm making 500hp and have zero oil leaks etc.

Thanks for the assurance on the 20* tune, I may run the 19* tune around town and then switch it over to the 20* tune for the track just to be a little easier on it. Thanks again Bob!
simple mistake... im glad you figured it out without having to dump a ton more money.. Im glad that tune is working well for you!! Go tear up the streets now and let me know if there is anything else i can do for ya! My new shop opens on monday and im going to have a ton more products to offer!

thanks bob

PLEASE EMAIL --->

<---

Before you buy ANY mustang part, give us a chance. We accept mastercard and visa.
Authorized SCT, AEM, Diablosport, Vortech, Paxton, BS3, FAST, UPR, PA Racing, Harland Sharp, Team Z, GMS, Trickflow, Kooks, and MANY MORE!

post #5 of 9 Old 07-04-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiin View Post
simple mistake... im glad you figured it out without having to dump a ton more money.. Im glad that tune is working well for you!! Go tear up the streets now and let me know if there is anything else i can do for ya! My new shop opens on monday and im going to have a ton more products to offer!

thanks bob
Sounds good Bob, good luck with your new venture. A buddy is in the market for a MAF and injector combo for his turbo built bottom end modular and I told him to give you a call about the MAF/Injectors for it. Is your number still going to be the same?

-Dave
1992 Mustang GT
post #6 of 9 Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meangrn92GT View Post
Sounds good Bob, good luck with your new venture. A buddy is in the market for a MAF and injector combo for his turbo built bottom end modular and I told him to give you a call about the MAF/Injectors for it. Is your number still going to be the same?
yup.. and i have the maf and injectors in stock!

thanks

PLEASE EMAIL --->

<---

post #7 of 9 Old 07-08-2009, 10:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Looks great amigo! Someday when I get motivated I will get on the dyno at 12#

1993 Silver Coupe
8.25:1, F-303 cam, TFS Track Heats, BBK SSI Intake, 42lb inj, Tremec 3550, 3,73's, Pypes Exhaust, 03 Cobra brakes.
Hellion "Heat" kit - 66mm T-Trim w/GTK housing. 8lbs for now. (435hp/460tq)
post #8 of 9 Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Why are you sparking the charge so late?
Max cylinder pressure is about 16 deg more advance at 5k rpm.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (9)
Great numbers with the cam a tooth off and stock bottom end. Get a Dart/Boss block built for piece of mind and crank it up some more.

What is this talk of new shop Bob? Guess I should check out your website for info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement