Hp turbo kit anybody buy from them im havin issues - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 06-25-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Hp turbo kit anybody buy from them im havin issues

I purchased a kit from them in march and its june and paid the final half cause they said it was ready, but its been 3 weeks and keeps telling me that he will call me back and doesnt? gettin kinda of worried and dont want if shipped in parts. has anybody bought a kit from them maybe they are backed up? but if anybody has dealt with them and recieved there full kit with no problems ill feel better im considering on callin my credit card company for a dispute.

any info would help thanks
jon

"ITS LIKE A FINGER POINTING AWAY TO THE MOON"
99 Mustang Saleen
4.6 DOHC Hellion twin 61mm turbos intercooled
684 RWHP/ 645 TQ @ 13psi

Last edited by Supergt98; 06-25-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Welcome to the world of turbochargers!

Stock block, GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 67mm, 10lbs, 431HP 497TQ on 110 octane. 12.01 @ 123
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 Old 06-25-2009, 10:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
there was some talk about this on the turbomustangs.com about people having problems when it comes to them gettin the stuff to you on time keep callin and if you not happy just call the your credit card company and get that fixed

NY
92 Red Notch 5spd w/ B&G Kit Powered by MS2 V3 running Extra Code-----SOLD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 06-25-2009, 10:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (62)
I had one of there kit. they did the same to me jerked me around for 3 months and then sent it to me 3 shippments and from what I have heard I am one of the lucky ones. There customer service is really really bad. I will say thre kit fit great and I had not problems with it. but I would not get another one. If I was you I would call your credit card company and see if you can stop payment.

Big Bore Boss 347 FTI 225cc High Port, FTI Cam, Box R Intake under stock hood, T-56 Magnum, 4.30 gears.
post #5 of 32 Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Turbo Wizard

They have always been notorious for crap like that. Amazes places like that stay in business for so long and manage to retain good enough reputations for continued sales.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 32 Old 06-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (18)
yup, Nathan at HP lies thru his teeth.

I had to threaten to call the better business bureau in order to get all my stuff.

If I did it all over again, I would have gone with B&G. Unfortunately, they were as popular back in '06 as they are now. In fact the mustang turbo market has balooned since '06. When I built my setup in '07, people were thrown back and I was like the only turbo mustang in my area. Not too long after that, I noticed them popping up everywhere due to kit availablity and more reputable companies.

Matt
'95 GTS - (no engine) | TR-6060 | 9" w/Tru-Trac | Griggs T/A | MM Panhard | Koni DAs
post #7 of 32 Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

what company is b&G?

99 Mustang Saleen
684 RWHP/ 645 TQ @ 13psi
post #8 of 32 Old 06-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
They make turbo kits for mustangs here is their site http://www.bgturbokits.com/ take a look

NY
92 Red Notch 5spd w/ B&G Kit Powered by MS2 V3 running Extra Code-----SOLD!
post #9 of 32 Old 06-27-2009, 06:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
just so you know Brian from B&G is on turbomustangs. com alot and I have seen him helping people that dident even have his kit he seems like a great guy from what i have seen and the little i have talked to him
post #10 of 32 Old 06-27-2009, 06:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (24)
hp performance = scamming bastards

b&g custom turbo = takes care of their customers

i'd try to get your money back asap. this is a typical response from someone in your position. get on theturboforums.com and look at the business feedback forum, lots of threads about hp taking forever, and lots of b&g threads thanking them

95 Crystal White GT
8.50 chassis with a 12 something drivetrain
post #11 of 32 Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikewiz View Post
yup, Nathan at HP lies thru his teeth.
Not too long after that, I noticed them popping up everywhere due to kit availablity and more reputable companies.
I think it also has a great deal to do with people becoming aware and a lot of that awareness probably stems from magazines like MM&FF and their crush with HP.

--Admiral Aaron

post #12 of 32 Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
I think it also has a great deal to do with people becoming aware and a lot of that awareness probably stems from magazines like MM&FF and their crush with HP.
That is something I will never get. Every rag that has used one of their kits speaks so highly of them but the truth is in the real $$$$ paying customers.

That is why I went with BG Customer Satisfaction Turbos, thanks Brian now if I can just get the time to install it.
post #13 of 32 Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbscobravert View Post
That is something I will never get. Every rag that has used one of their kits speaks so highly of them but the truth is in the real $$$$ paying customers.

That is why I went with BG Customer Satisfaction Turbos, thanks Brian now if I can just get the time to install it.
I thought back when the rags spoke highly of them and still to this day that the rags were getting paid or getting a lot of free stuff and felt obligated to speak highly of them. Really though how many people do you see with turbo kits that speak bad of the kits themselves? I can only think of one kit that ever came out by a company where pretty much all customers spoke poorly of that kit.

--Admiral Aaron

post #14 of 32 Old 06-28-2009, 09:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
it took me over a year to get my kit from hp cause the moron couldnt make anything right and even now that i finally got all my stuff i had to modify every pipe on the kit to make it work. I wouldnt recommend my worst enemy to them idiots. The kit looks good but didnt fit woth a damn. call your credit card company and stop payment go with b&g i am ordering a kit from them within the next week for a buddy of mine. good luck with hp nathans an ass!!!!

2013 DIB CS/GT- Boss Intake, MBRP Long Tubes, MBRP Offroad H-Pipe, and MBRP Race cat back, JLT CAI, SCT w/ Lund tunes and custom dyno tune from DGR performance, 3.73, MGW Shifter, UPR oil separators and AMR Gloss black 18's, 421whp and 370wtq
post #15 of 32 Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 PM

I ordered early Dec. Recived in March, two seprate shipments about 3 weeks apart. They always answer the phone when I call. Ive called 3 times, they must have caller ID because they seem to be getting more and more dick headed. Good luck.
post #16 of 32 Old 06-29-2009, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

is hellion still in business? how is there customer service ?

99 Mustang Saleen
684 RWHP/ 645 TQ @ 13psi
post #17 of 32 Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM

oh yeah hellion is in business. They are probably the largest company out there for mustang turbos. I see more people with mod motors running them versus pushrod motors.

They are pricey, but they have their kits in stock and ready to ship immediately. There is no wait time.

Matt
'95 GTS - (no engine) | TR-6060 | 9" w/Tru-Trac | Griggs T/A | MM Panhard | Koni DAs
post #18 of 32 Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Turbo Wizard

Pricey tends to attract newer cars than older, probably because people often have the older cars because that is what they can afford.

--Admiral Aaron

post #19 of 32 Old 07-04-2009, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

let me tell you I called hellion turbo and they are awsome people to work with have the kit in stock and will be here in 2 weeks comes with warrenty for turbos. There pricey but when it comes to Hp turbo I would pay double the amount. I dont even know how the hell there in business I hope anybody who ever is considering a turbo kit DO NOT BUY FROM HP TURBO! I recommend HELLION or B&G

99 Mustang Saleen
684 RWHP/ 645 TQ @ 13psi
post #20 of 32 Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM

I don't know if it makes you feel better, but I bought my kit from them in 2005. It arrived in 2 shipments about 10 days later than the initial estimate. One shipment was from Jet Hot and the other had everything else minus one clamp for the throttle body (which they sent immediately after I contacted them about it). After four years, I still love my kit.

post #21 of 32 Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedheadcat View Post
I don't know if it makes you feel better, but I bought my kit from them in 2005. It arrived in 2 shipments about 10 days later than the initial estimate. One shipment was from Jet Hot and the other had everything else minus one clamp for the throttle body (which they sent immediately after I contacted them about it). After four years, I still love my kit.

From the research I've done, 2005 is when they had their act together. For whatever reason, they have gone downhill since then. I feel sorry for those who order from them. Too many people are attracted by the large sizes of the pipes. The header primaries are 1 3/4", the crossover is 3", and the downpipe is 3.5". Thats what attracted me to HP, the largest pipes on the market.

The JetHot coating they use is probably the cheapest out there, every piece of mine that was jet hot coated has flaked off. I wound up refinishing all my hot pipes with VHT Flameproof paint.

Matt
post #22 of 32 Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

My kit from hellion is on its way and ill have it in 2 weeks from when I ordered it. There customer service is outstanding! I got my money back from Hp from dispute but they have 60 days to fight it which they wont win anyways cause they never sent me anything and billed me the full amount month and half ago LOL

99 Mustang Saleen
684 RWHP/ 645 TQ @ 13psi
post #23 of 32 Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 AM

Yep, the pipe sizes are what got me too, and the coating. But I've jacked up the pass. header cuz the car go lean and too hot. I knew about all the problems with hp before I ordered, but I wanted what I "thought" was the kit with the most power potential.
post #24 of 32 Old 07-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergt98 View Post
let me tell you I called hellion turbo and they are awsome people to work with have the kit in stock and will be here in 2 weeks comes with warrenty for turbos. There pricey but when it comes to Hp turbo I would pay double the amount. I dont even know how the hell there in business I hope anybody who ever is considering a turbo kit DO NOT BUY FROM HP TURBO! I recommend HELLION or B&G
I agree 100% I had my kit in 1 week and they have great people that will help you.

637/720 14.5psi pump gas
Mustang Dyno/Tuned by EFI Logics
Hellion systems
post #25 of 32 Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 PM

You know there is a warranty on the coating right?

post #26 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 12:09 AM

Trader Feedback: (47)
Quote:
From the research I've done, 2005 is when they had their act together. For whatever reason, they have gone downhill since then. I feel sorry for those who order from them.
I ordered my HP Stage 1 kit back in April 2004, received it in 4 shipments between late June 04 & September 04. Never did receive my 3.5" exhaust option. Way too much frustration to ever purchase from them again. HP customer service is the absolute worst. I too had to go through the credit card company to get some results. With the money and time I had tied up in my HP purchase I could have had "Noodles" @ Behind Bars Race Cars fab up everything locally. Lesson learned.

http://behindbarsracecars.com/turbo_gallery.html

92 Titanium Frost LX
post #27 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedheadcat View Post
You know there is a warranty on the coating right?

I think the amount of money/time I would waste in phone calls to find out where my recoated parts are would outweigh the value of the warranty.

Matt
post #28 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (47)
Quote:
I think the amount of money/time I would waste in phone calls to find out where my recoated parts are would outweigh the value of the warranty.
+1 agreed!!! VHT flameproof works just fine.

92 Titanium Frost LX
post #29 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8950LX View Post
I ordered my HP Stage 1 kit back in April 2004, received it in 4 shipments between late June 04 & September 04. Never did receive my 3.5" exhaust option. Way too much frustration to ever purchase from them again. HP customer service is the absolute worst. I too had to go through the credit card company to get some results. With the money and time I had tied up in my HP purchase I could have had "Noodles" @ Behind Bars Race Cars fab up everything locally. Lesson learned.

http://behindbarsracecars.com/turbo_gallery.html
Friend of mine was one of HP's first online customers and he had all sorts of issues. I do not remember if delays were part of them but I know he had big fitment issues. He got blasted online by friends of HP when he complained about it but ultimately he did at least get his money back and he went with a different company. I do not think HP ever has had their act together, some people get lucky and have no issues but way too many people are not that lucky.

--Admiral Aaron

post #30 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

how does hp stay in business? LoL

99 Mustang Saleen
684 RWHP/ 645 TQ @ 13psi
post #31 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergt98 View Post
how does hp stay in business? LoL
For one thing they have great name recognition due to all the articles and project cars in the monthly rags. One could ask how most of these places stay in business since always a few crappy turbo kit companies to deal with at any given time.

--Admiral Aaron

post #32 of 32 Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 PM

I wouldnt go through HP again. b&g or pony down next time for sure. I had to modify a ton of stuff on my car to get it to fit. But let me tell you what......

Its one bad motherF*****!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement