HELP installing my bg turbo kit - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
HELP installing my bg turbo kit

hey all i am having hell on my 94 cobra putting this kit on. i ran into fitment issues with everything. HOTside: the passenger header hits the frame rail and the frame needs to be notched. second the passenger header hit the abs and in order to go any further the abs needs to be deleted so i was wondering what size the lines were i have accsess to brake line union fittings. on the driver side header i need to fiqure out what people are doing with their clutch cables and thier lower rad hose. then the coldside is a whole differnt problem the intercooler to throttle body charge tube does not fit in any of the holes on the right inner fender so do i have to cut the fender? then the last question is heat. the fuel lines go right over the downpipe. the alternator is right by the exhaust side. i need a little help starting to get frustrated that i spent nearly 3000 dollars and nothing fits like i thought it would.

New Setup: 5.0 Coyote Swap, LTs, JLT, Tune. 435 rwhp 419 rwtq. 11.365 @ 121mph on NT05.

Old Setup: 306 forged bottom end, stock gt40 heads, 1.7s stock cobra intake, e- cam and bolt ons 275rwhp and 315 rwtq on a break in tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 06:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
What motor mounts are you running?

"Is to be used with 79-90 Hatch back engine mounts. Keeps all accessories We have put great effort into making a great fitting kit that only needs to be built once, it is guarnteed to fit your mustang without you having to rebuild it just to get it to work. As long as your mustangs frame rails are where they supposed to be, I guarntee this kit to fit. No more cutting up your whole inner fenderwell just to get a ill fitting kit to work. WILL NOT WORK WITH CONVERTABLE STYLE MOUNTS!!!! If you want to run convertable style mounts you will have to cut on the car, or run spacers!!!!! Will Fit up to a PT-78. Slight trimming on 88 to 93 mustang driverside swaybar mount"

2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP
Prior Cars
1989 Mustang Notch - Twin Turbo - 500RWHP, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang GT Vert - 408w
post #3 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

that might be the problem

i bought motor mounts from a parts store. they were for my car but might be off. who should i order them from to be sure they are right. also i tried relocating the abs and got it to where the header fits but when i try to bolt up the wastegate it hits it again so i was going to delete the whole thing just need to know the what size the lines are

New Setup: 5.0 Coyote Swap, LTs, JLT, Tune. 435 rwhp 419 rwtq. 11.365 @ 121mph on NT05.

Old Setup: 306 forged bottom end, stock gt40 heads, 1.7s stock cobra intake, e- cam and bolt ons 275rwhp and 315 rwtq on a break in tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (21)
i think you can use energy mounts i would order a set of those that is what i have and i did not have to cut the car at all except grind the way bar mount a bit but everyone on there has had to do that as well. i got to keep all ACC except smog. If you can return the mounts you just got and get the proper mounts. hope this helps

NY
92 Red Notch 5spd w/ B&G Kit Powered by MS2 V3 running Extra Code-----SOLD!
post #5 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 08:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (21)
i dont remember anyone having to get rid of ABS you should call up B&G and find out for sure. It might have to be relocated i would do that instead of deleting it. but call b&g

NY
92 Red Notch 5spd w/ B&G Kit Powered by MS2 V3 running Extra Code-----SOLD!
post #6 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky94cobra View Post
i bought motor mounts from a parts store. they were for my car but might be off. who should i order them from to be sure they are right. also i tried relocating the abs and got it to where the header fits but when i try to bolt up the wastegate it hits it again so i was going to delete the whole thing just need to know the what size the lines are
They are likley vert mounts then...and is likely the root cause of most (if not all) of your problems.

As 93gtman said, go with some energy mounts...as they are the same height as stock non-vert mounts.
post #7 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

thx guys

thx i will try some motor mounts and see where that gets me but the abs seems to be the main problem i have it pretty far out of the way and the wastgate still hits when i try to bolt it up

post #8 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky94cobra View Post
i bought motor mounts from a parts store. they were for my car but might be off.

thats most the problem ! on the 94-95 kits it says... Is to be used with energy suspension mounts.

what millhouse copied is from the foxbody kits.

you will be surprised what lines up once you use the correct mounts. been there it sucks !!

NEVER do business with Sam Rivera AKA Sam Wilson.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)

Mr. M. M. Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Stop crying, its just the internet. Life gets alot harder than some screen name on a message board not liking what you do to your car.

Last edited by Alex in Houston; 06-17-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Let the UN-PAID spokes person answer
post #10 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex in Houston View Post

I added as many pics as I could because that crap that the UNPAID BALL SWINGER of BG posted was/is wrong (not to mention he doesn't even own a BG single kit he bought a pair of twin headers I think). You WILL to modify a few things (it doesn't simply bolt on without modding)
I hope this post helps.
I'm sorry, do are you speaking to me? I wasn't aware you owned a B&G kit? Could you please eaborate how you made your B&G kit to fit properly?

As per the B&G website for the sn95 kit

"Requires slight triming of the hole infront of the passside strut tower. (mostly just opening up the hole slightly) Is to be used with energey suspension mounts. Keeps all accessories (except smog) We have put great effort into making a great fitting kit that only needs to be built once, it is guarnteed to fit your mustang without you having to rebuild it just to get it to work. As long as your mustangs frame rails are where they supposed to be, I guarntee this kit to fit. No more cutting up your whole inner fenderwell just to get a ill fitting kit to work. WILL NOT WORK WITH CONVERTABLE STYLE MOUNTS!!!! If you want to run convertable style mounts you will have to cut on the car, or run spacers!!!!! "

post #11 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)

Mr. M. M. Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Stop crying, its just the internet. Life gets alot harder than some screen name on a message board not liking what you do to your car.

Last edited by Alex in Houston; 06-17-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Let the UN-PAID Spokes Person Answer
post #12 of 22 Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Turbo Wizard

Trader Feedback: (1)
Thanks for the information Alex, but while I know Millhouse is happy with his setup and always willing to support and push his ideas out for help, anyway you could hold back just a little on the insults? But you are always more than welcome to throw some at me instead.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by snipe656; 06-16-2009 at 11:25 PM.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 AM

Sneaky94cobra,

If you want the answers to your questions...give Brian at B&G a call. He's the one that desgined the kit, the jigs and the fixtures. If there are any known issues....he'll be the first to tell you the correct work-around to do so.
post #14 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
There are so many things you don't know (especially automotive related, that you purport to know) about me.
Unlike you, I actually own and have installed more than just some headers from BG.
And because you copy some text from your Deity's web site, that makes it true??? Fork that FACT that I have installed the parts on my car. If BG types it, it must be true, Fork what the end user and his pics of said parts and mods to install them.
Your whole act is retarded. Not many people I truly have disdain for in cyberspace (because it's after all just the interweb) but you make the short list.
Great....so now I'm on the infamous "Alex in Houston's" Hit list? Bahahahaha!!!!

Seriously man, it's obvious you have it out for me....as you seem to follow up with incoherent ramblings after each time I post in the turbo section. While I find it humorous (to say the very least ), it adds absolutely no value to any of the threads and quite often completely derails the original posters topics.

You've got something against me....that's fine! Let's just not hash it out here.

Take care,

Dan
post #15 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 09:08 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
Quote:
There are so many things you don't know (especially automotive related, that you purport to know) about me.
Unlike you, I actually own and have installed more than just some headers from BG.
And because you copy some text from your Deity's web site, that makes it true??? Fork that FACT that I have installed the parts on my car. If BG types it, it must be true, Fork what the end user and his pics of said parts and mods to install them.
Your whole act is retarded. Not many people I truly have disdain for in cyberspace (because it's after all just the interweb) but you make the short list.

He said fork so many times I am hungry now.... well I guess he must be right again.

See Hannity vs Colmes.

Bottom line this could have been much shorter and more informative. But you win.

Last edited by ssj50driver; 06-17-2009 at 09:10 AM.
post #16 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Turbo Wizard

What I never will understand to this day is why in the world that kit was designed not to work with vert mounts. They have been the factory mount since around 1993, you could not even buy the older style mounts from Ford around that point in time(or maybe a couple years later) and had to get the verts. The vert mounts also were considered the upgraded mount for modified street Mustangs since definitely early 90s but I think even the late 80s is when that started. It is such a commonly used mount for so much time that it seems like a complete lack of oversight and planning to design something that will not work with them and it does not take a rocket scientist to make something work with them. I have seen BG's stated "reason" and quite frankly think he is full of crap on that one amongst some other things.

--Admiral Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe656 View Post
What I never will understand to this day is why in the world that kit was designed not to work with vert mounts. They have been the factory mount since around 1993, you could not even buy the older style mounts from Ford around that point in time(or maybe a couple years later) and had to get the verts. The vert mounts also were considered the upgraded mount for modified street Mustangs since definitely early 90s but I think even the late 80s is when that started. It is such a commonly used mount for so much time that it seems like a complete lack of oversight and planning to design something that will not work with them and it does not take a rocket scientist to make something work with them. I have seen BG's stated "reason" and quite frankly think he is full of crap on that one amongst some other things.
If I were to make an educated guess....I'd venture to say he designed them using the poly mounts without fully realizing not all mounts were the same height. Of course, at this stage in the game with all of the jig's already made...it's too little too late. While he does mention the requirement time and time again….it seems like the easiest solution would be to simply add the energy mounts to the kit as a standard option. Sure, prices would go up slightly…but IMHO it would be well worth it for all of the confusion that it seems to cause.
post #18 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Turbo Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
If I were to make an educated guess....I'd venture to say he designed them using the poly mounts without fully realizing not all mounts were the same height. Of course, at this stage in the game with all of the jig's already made...it's too little too late.
This has been a known issue since day one and could have long been remedy. The stated reason goes something like "we did research and found the tall poly mount was the most commonly used mount". I have always said and will always say that is complete BS.

--Admiral Aaron

post #19 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
This has been a known issue since day one and could have long been remedy. The stated reason goes something like "we did research and found the tall poly mount was the most commonly used mount". I have always said and will always say that is complete BS.
If it was an issue before the Jigs and fixtures were made…I’d fully agree. Otherwise, not only would the jigs have to be modified…but now you have to have a completely different turbo kit number to differentiate the stock you already and the kit’s you have already sold. Warranty support get’s difficult…as you would then have to custom make every part rather than grabbing something off of the shelf of throwing a few pieces in the jig and welding em’ up. I could be blowing things out of proportion a bit…but the difficulties still remain the same.
post #20 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Turbo Wizard

You are blowing things out of proportion at least in my opinion you are. I have seen many a turdbo kit company redo kit designs drastically which meant jig changes and it did not present huge problems for them. Keep in mind that a lot of solid mounts follow the lead of the height of the vert mount so it is not like it is just the Ford mount that can cause the problem. Personally, I say design a kit that works with either that is what a lot of the other people do and ultimately means less support/issues.

That is neither here nor there though, because it is what it is and it just happens to be something that annoys me but I am content with being annoyed.

--Admiral Aaron

post #21 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You are blowing things out of proportion at least in my opinion you are. I have seen many a turdbo kit company redo kit designs drastically which meant jig changes and it did not present huge problems for them. Keep in mind that a lot of solid mounts follow the lead of the height of the vert mount so it is not like it is just the Ford mount that can cause the problem. Personally, I say design a kit that works with either that is what a lot of the other people do and ultimately means less support/issues.

That is neither here nor there though, because it is what it is and it just happens to be something that annoys me but I am content with being annoyed.
post #22 of 22 Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

hey all thanks

hey didnt mean to get every one upset but thanks for all the info. hey is it alright if i get some non poly mounts i work at oriellys and i can just warrenty the ones i bought from there and get the fox mounts. so it doesnt cost any money. this car was modeled after the ressions project in muscle mustangs magizine only cheaper. the only thing i need now is exaust wrap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement